Axl's "ready" time..

DIST

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I think having a broken foot is a HUGE part of this new found correctness. The impossibility of doing whatever he wants, moving around, running through the door is not there for him right now. Let's see what happens when he walks again.

I think you might be onto something there :lol: all the tour managers and promoters needed to do for all these years was maim the mad ginger bastard before every tour and everything runs like clockwork.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I think having a broken foot is a HUGE part of this new found correctness. The impossibility of doing whatever he wants, moving around, running through the door is not there for him right now. Let's see what happens when he walks again.

Exactly. As I said before, it's a good idea to have Axl kept Pretty Tied Up from now on

Well, yeah, it's obvious man...

I think it was Alan Niven or Doug Gouldstein that said they had to hire 2 people to take care of Axl, like two babysitters to control him and take him to the venues so he couldn't run away or get lost in some other BS that was not the show.

Edited by killuridols

50 minutes ago, DIST said:

Isn't it strange he seems to be 200% ready with AC/DC who goes on stage  almost 2 hours earlier than GNR singing more powerful than ever?

Either he starts preparing at 1a.m for AC/DC or that whole story "I need time to give 100%" is complete bullshit. 

The recent GN'R gigs started relatively on time. The Troubadour and 1st Vegas show was about an hour late, but the 2nd Vegas show, Mexico and Coachella were on time or at most a couple minutes late.

It hasn't just been an AC/DC thing.

I don't think time has been an issue for Axl for a few years. Each show I was at in 2011, 2012 and 2014 was on time. We actually missed Chinese in 2014 because I thought there is no way they'd be on at the billed time but joke was on me.

I also think that he is helping out people he really respects and wants to not be a nuisance in anyway. Like how if I tell my Grandma I'll be over at 5, I'll be over at 5. I don't think it's a conspiracy or previous comments on his time habits were a lie. The comments the original post referenced were in reference to his band.

• Like 1

Axl's reasoning is these are not his songs, he didn't write them and has no personal attachment to them.

with gnr Axl said it took him a while to get ready to play the songs bc it was really emotional for him to go back to that place in time they were written, he tries to take on those emotions as he performs in order to give a raw and honest performance. 

Call BS all you want but that's what Axl says about it. 

2 hours ago, Sprite said:

I don't think time has been an issue for Axl for a few years. Each show I was at in 2011, 2012 and 2014 was on time. We actually missed Chinese in 2014 because I thought there is no way they'd be on at the billed time but joke was on me.

I also think that he is helping out people he really respects and wants to not be a nuisance in anyway. Like how if I tell my Grandma I'll be over at 5, I'll be over at 5. I don't think it's a conspiracy or previous comments on his time habits were a lie. The comments the original post referenced were in reference to his band.

Really. I think Axl deserves a break on his whole late reputation, at least for the past several years. Seriously, when was the last time he was majorly late???

• Like 1

I think it is a combination of factors - as others have pointed out, when it keeps to keeping time, he has gotten better with time. He is playing for AC/DC now so he isn't the prima donna. He has the foot to deal with. He is excited in a different way than he is from Guns. For all you know, medication may be a factor in reducing his anxiety or self doubt or depression - I just don't think that he's been lying when he's said in the past that he's struggled with issues that seem to have been at some level or the other, just mental issues that he needed help with. People look at his brilliance and have no empathy at all for the part of him that has probably gone through a lot of struggle and still does.

Edited by The Archer