Eddie Trunk On Axl In AC/DC - You Have To Give Fans A Holy Sh*t Moment

Funky.Monkey

38 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Slash and Duff must feel like cheated husbands, whose wife is frigid and quite hopeless in the sack yet turns into a randy mare with her lover.

I don't know about Slash, but Duff watched the Lisbon show on periscope. He posted in his twitter and he was really enjoing the shows. I don't think he feeels cheated or anything.

23 minutes ago, Padme said:

I don't know about Slash, but Duff watched the Lisbon show on periscope. He posted in his twitter and he was really enjoing the shows. I don't think he feeels cheated or anything.

But he must be wondering why Axl has reserved his best vocals for the acca dacca

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

But he must be wondering why Axl has reserved his best vocals for the acca dacca

But that's speculation from your part. You don't know for sure that Duff is wondering about Axl's vocals. And nobody knows for sure how Axl's vocals are going to be until the show in Detroit. If Axl sucks in the first show of the GN'R tour then you and everyone will regret the AXL/DC shows but not now. The fact is Duff watched the Lisbon show and, like the rest of us, he was happy with it

Just now, Padme said:

But that's speculation from your part. You don't know for sure that Duff is wondering about Axl's vocals. And nobody knows for sure how Axl's vocals are going to be until the show in Detroit. If Axl sucks in the first show of the GN'R tour then you and everyone will regret the AXL/DC shows but not now. The fact is Duff watched the Lisbon show and, like the rest of us, he was happy with it

Have you forgotten the creaky April shows?

Axl is a great hard rock singer but he had delusions of being more than that so he wrote a bunch of stuff that he can't really sing that well. If Guns had more straight ahead hard rock in their set like they probably would if Duff and Slash had had their way he'd be killing it there as well. It just goes back to the thing about how things work better when he's not in charge.  

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

He was good in the April GN'R shows. 

9 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

Axl is a great hard rock singer but he had delusions of being more than that so he wrote a bunch of stuff that he can't really sing that well. If Guns had more straight ahead hard rock in their set like they probably would if Duff and Slash had had their way he'd be killing it there as well. It just goes back to the thing about how things work better when he's not in charge.  

YCBM is the definition of a hard rock song and he struggles on that song more than any other. 

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Slash and Duff must feel like cheated husbands, whose wife is frigid and quite hopeless in the sack yet turns into a randy mare with her lover.

Well, now they know the feeling of what it's like to have their lead singer sing for another band....  I've been feeling this way for the last six years regarding a band that Slash is in........

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

First you claimed Slash and Duff feel cheated because Axl sounds great with AC/DC. Duff enjoyed the Lisbon show. He doesn't feel cheated. Now you are back to how Axl sounded in a few songs before the AC/DC shows. So he sounds great now and you are assuming he is going to sound bad with GN'R. Unless you have a crystal ball neither you nor anyone knows for sure that Axl is going to have problems with his voice during the GN'R tour.

4 minutes ago, Padme said:

First you claimed Slash and Duff feel cheated because Axl sounds great with AC/DC. Duff enjoyed the Lisbon show. He doesn't feel cheated. Now you are back to how Axl sounded in a few songs before the AC/DC shows. So he sounds great now and you are assuming he is going to sound bad with GN'R. Unless you have a crystal ball neither you nor anyone knows for sure that Axl is going to have problems with his voice during the GN'R tour.

I was actually (partially) joking, but seeing as you adamant on this, I cannot see how Slash or Duff could not pick out the discrepancy in vocal qualities between their April shows and the two AC/DC shows we have seen thus far - it is clear as night and day.

Jesus, Axl fans!! They will not except any criticism of their leader!!

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I was actually (partially) joking, but seeing as you adamant on this, I cannot see how Slash or Duff could not pick out the discrepancy in vocal qualities between their April shows and the two AC/DC shows we have seen thus far - it is clear as night and day.

I think you mean accept, not except. Aren't you Brits the ones who should have better English than the rest of us? :P

Anyway, he sounded legitimately good with GN'R (especially the Mexico City shows). He sounds amazing with AC/DC, even better than he did with GN'R. But the thing is Slash and Duff were on a stage in a very loud environment. I would bet while standing next to him on stage he sounded amazing even in the GN'R gigs. You think they're going back to watch YouTube bootlegs and nitpick his voice in the GN'R shows? One would think those guys have much better things to do with their time. Other thing is they all worship Angus and AC/DC. So they probably view it as a cool thing, not a betrayal. :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

See you are dead wrong here. I'm far from being an Axl nutter. Axl suck really bad from 2011 to 2014. Do we have that same Axl now? No. All I'm saying is that nobody knows for sure that during the GN'R tour we are going to have the Axl we had  in recent years. You seem to be very sure. It is your assumtion not a fact. My position on the matter is that I want to wait until the tour. If I see the 2011 Mickey Mouse Axl I won't have any problem to say so.  But now we don't have Mickey Mouse Axl

47 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Didn't Axl say the only day off from rehearsals that he had was for the surgery on his foot? 

i assume he was rehearsing with AC/DC at that time and he still sounded weak for Guns n Roses.

It's clear Axls voice is just better suited to AC/DC. I hope Im wrong. 

I understood he meant rehearsal with GN'R.

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Pity my original post was not even that serious anyhow,

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

(Over serious hatchet faced humourless Axl fanatics).

1 hour ago, GNRfan2008 said:

I think you mean accept, not except. Aren't you Brits the ones who should have better English than the rest of us? :P

Listen, I mistook (Chris) Slade, the AC/DC drummer, for Slash the other day - ''I prefer Rudd over Slash'' or something similar. I hope you can tell by this that I am not exactly proofreading my posts.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

Axl is PERFECT for AC/DC. I really don't know how they are going to continue without him.

Any other singer will be a step down for this band. After losing Brian, and Brian not being so good lately, Axl Rose is the highest they could aim and achieve.

A singer from a tribute band will NEVER take them to this level of popularity, publicity, success. Seriously, AC/DC either retires or continues with Axl. Any other option will be a flop.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Axl is PERFECT for AC/DC. I really don't know how they are going to continue without him.

Any other singer will be a step down for this band. After losing Brian, and Brian not being so good lately, Axl Rose is the highest they could aim and achieve.

A singer from a tribute band will NEVER take them to this level of popularity, publicity, success. Seriously, AC/DC either retires or continues with Axl. Any other option will be a flop.

Amen

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Axl wins Shoot to Thrill when he gets out of the chair.

Axl wins Rock or Bust for obvious reasons 

Axl wins Riff Raff (see Rock or Bust for reason)

GNR plays Whole Lotta Rosie better than anyone so it's a trick.

Axl still struggles on some of the Bon material, so it's not fair to say he would have been better than Bon on all his own songs. Also, if Bon was still around, he may have been wasted or he may have been clean, but I don't think he would have ruined his voice chain smoking the way Brian did. But then again, despite being a massive fan of Bon, I just don't see him doing some of the early Brian material as well as Brian did. He would have done it his way no doubt, but I don't think he would have had the depth to his voice or the menace that Brian bought to those songs. It's really impressive though that Axl been able to (the hard work that has gone into this, is impressive in itself) do most of the Brian and Bon catalogue really well - no wonder that Angus was impressed.