Eddie Trunk On Axl In AC/DC - You Have To Give Fans A Holy Sh*t Moment

Funky.Monkey

5 minutes ago, The Archer said:

Axl still struggles on some of the Bon material, so it's not fair to say he would have been better than Bon on all his own songs. Also, if Bon was still around, he may have been wasted or he may have been clean, but I don't think he would have ruined his voice chain smoking the way Brian did. But then again, despite being a massive fan of Bon, I just don't see him doing some of the early Brian material as well as Brian did. He would have done it his way no doubt, but I don't think he would have had the depth to his voice or the menace that Brian bought to those songs. It's really impressive though that Axl been able to (the hard work that has gone into this, is impressive in itself) do most of the Brian and Bon catalogue really well - no wonder that Angus was impressed.

Between Axl and Bon I'd say Bon for sure takes his own stuff, but it's hard for me to judge Axl on TNT and Dirty Deeds when he's trying to sing like Bon, I think Axl would benefit from making those songs his own. Axl has a lot of energy in his vocals, I think the Bon material combined with Axl's in your face vocals could make for some killer soundboards. 

Axl's trying to stay true to the original sound though and I can respect that. 

However compare Rosie at Coachella to Rosie at Lisbon and you can hear how much energy is brought on by GNR's version versus ACDC's. 

Edited by IncitingChaos
  • Like 1

My personal opinion is that Axl is higher quality vocal and singer then both of previous singers in AC/DC. Not to be rude or to underestimate Bon nor Brian, but Axl vocal is just on the spot with each song. I never imagined he could do that, but...he did and proved to the world what the balls are! Trust in yourself and give everything you got on stage! I just wait for him to stand up and sing, after him that would be the end of AC/DC or if he has energy enough he can do tours in parallel for some time. Hopwever guys in Ac are old and he has no future with them, and Guns are and will be the greatest ever band in near future!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nztop said:

My personal opinion is that Axl is higher quality vocal and singer then both of previous singers in AC/DC. Not to be rude or to underestimate Bon nor Brian, but Axl vocal is just on the spot with each song. I never imagined he could do that, but...he did and proved to the world what the balls are! Trust in yourself and give everything you got on stage! I just wait for him to stand up and sing, after him that would be the end of AC/DC or if he has energy enough he can do tours in parallel for some time. Hopwever guys in Ac are old and he has no future with them, and Guns are and will be the greatest ever band in near future!

AC/DC should end their career with Axl as a vocalist. Really, man. They can't undo Axl. It's impossible, they've got the best singer in rock alive. So they should record an album with Axl OR release these shows as a live album and then retire for good.

Make a final good-bye world tour with Axl and give it the best end ever.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Bon Scott was so very very awesome, I've been having a look at old AC/DC gigs on YouTube and he's at least level with Axl for me now. 

Theres no way Axl can better him. 

You're comparing a young Bon Scott at his peak with a middle aged Axl Rose? 

• 5 weeks later...

Can't see having a tribute singer playing to a couple of hundred people when you have Axl Rose calling offering his services., who has toured the world and has played before 100,000 people in stadium tours. To me it would be like asking a beer league softball player to start for a major league baseball team. 

On 5/12/2016 at 3:42 PM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Bon Scott was so very very awesome, I've been having a look at old AC/DC gigs on YouTube and he's at least level with Axl for me now. 

Theres no way Axl can better him. 

Bon was a legend. Just gone to soon.