anyone else more excited for Axl/DC than the reunion?

HeartbreakerWoman

I have a feeling that the GNR tour will fail to garner as much excitement as this "AXL/DC" pairing has already. Yes, it's being hyped, but the lineup just doesn't mesh as well as people are hoping it will. These AC/DC shows are a complete breath of fresh air for music fans, and unless Guns is recording new tunes to go along with the tour, people are going to be disappointed. Basically, they will need to bring some sort of excitement factor to keep people engaged. New songs, Izzy/Steven appearances, it'll have to be something. Just my opinion.

2 hours ago, The Archer said:

Maybe, you're right. Maybe it doesn't work better because Axl is in charge of GN'R. (I know many of the diehard Slash fans would hate to admit that it is Axl's band but it is what it is - hired hands or limited partnership or whatever it is, this is still primarily the Axl Rose show).  GN'R has problems. We all know that. I think that we just have to be patient and let things work out by themselves. If it is an unsustainable project, Slash and Duff will leave and nothing that anyone does or says can stop them. I hate to have to advocate being an optimist sometimes, but I just think that after everything we've experienced so far with GN'R, it is better to take things as they come and be optimistic - the best we can hope for is Axl at the helm of two great bands and GN'R in some shape of form reclaiming some old glory. At worst, it just may be the truth that GN'R just muddles along and doesn't release new music - we are pretty used to that anyway. About his voice - it may be true that at this point in time, Axl now has a voice more suited for AC/DC or it could just be that doing those 20+ rehearsals has had its effect. It would be a huge bonus if the truth is that Axl truly realizes that rehearsals help outperform expectations, if it is indeed the lack of rehearsals that held him back with Gn'R. Will any such realization be enough to make him rehearse with GN'R? I don't know. But I sure hope that the new environment that he's a part of helps him make changes to his own rodeo - particularly when it comes to band and fan interaction, rehearsals, releasing new music, improvements in social media, being on time - hell, everything that AC/DC is good at, but GN'R doesn't do well..and if it doesn't well, we might just have to accept that being fans of a dysfunctional band with a tortured genius at the helm, we just can't have it all.

Fair points but meh... :no:

Without new music GN'R is seriously dead. They can't afford one more tour without new songs. Why are people, GNR fans so excited of seeing AXL/DC?? Because it's fucking Axl Rose singing NEW STUFF for a change! We love that!

2 hours ago, ksks12 said:

Hired hands? Get your facts straight.

YOU get your facts straight, fake insider.

17 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Without new music GN'R is seriously dead. They can't afford one more tour without new songs. Why are people, GNR fans so excited of seeing AXL/DC?? Because it's fucking Axl Rose singing NEW STUFF for a change! We love that!

Well you seem to be the one inside. You have no idea what their agreement is yet you talk so vehemently. Reminds me on some other board.

20 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Are you sure you are GNR fan btw? By the look of your posts you seem to be s fan of just one guy. Nothing wrong with that tough.

2 minutes ago, ksks12 said:

Well you seem to be the one inside. You have no idea what their agreement is yet you talk so vehemently. Reminds me on some other board.

do you have any idea? The one who said "get your facts straight" was you, so you must have said that because you know something we don't know, right?

My facts I didn't get them from being an insider but from what Eddie Trunk said when he went to the Vegas shows and talked to Axl. He said "this is still Axl's band". No mistery, dude.

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

do you have any idea? The one who said "get your facts straight" was you, so you must have said that because you know something we don't know, right?

My facts I didn't get them from being an insider but from what Eddie Trunk said when he went to the Vegas shows and talked to Axl. He said "this is still Axl's band". No mistery, dude.

It's his band ? How come he needed a signature from Slash so he could release that very successful dvd? From a hired hand? And Eddie Trunk? Ahaha

Edited by ksks12

4 minutes ago, ksks12 said:

It's his band ? How come he needed a signature from Slash so he could release that very successful dvd? From a hired hand? And Eddie Trunk? Ahaha

Yes, it's HIS band. He needed Slash's signature because he doesn't own the music, but he does own the band and all decisions pertaining to it.

Slash needs Axl's autograph for his successful dvd as well. :lol:

Yup, hired hand. Like Melissa Reese with a bit more benefits.

Yes, Eddie Trunk, that fool who actually talks to Axl Rose. Haha.

Ksks12, the Slashite Axl-hater LOL.

Just now, killuridols said:

Yes, it's HIS band. He needed Slash's signature because he doesn't own the music, but he does own the band and all decisions pertaining to it.

Slash needs Axl's autograph for his successful dvd as well. :lol:

Yup, hired hand. Like Melissa Reese with a bit more benefits.

Yes, Eddie Trunk, that fool who actually talks to Axl Rose. Haha.

Ksks12, the Slashite Axl-hater LOL.

Axl hater? With more benefits? Are you sure you are on the right board kiddo? Don't bother replying, enjoy your band, witch ever it is. It sure ain't GNR as far as I'm concerned.

46 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Totally get what you mean. I hope for new music as much as you do. While I do think that GN'R could survive as a legacy touring act (and that would just be, as you put it, meh .. :no:), what the most die-hard fans are really excited for is new Gn'R music. I'm hopeful though - I find it highly unlikely that Slash and Duff would have rejoined without the possibility of new music or more collaboration. For me personally, the fact that Slash was willing to work on the CD material and sing those songs is the biggest ray of hope - it shouldn't be too much of a stretch for him to work on the stuff in the vaults, or get Axl to sing on some new stuff.

I do agree that Axl singing new songs is what makes this Axl/DC thing incredibly exciting - as an AC/DC fan, it's just incredible to hear those songs being sung at full throttle again but as an Axl fan, it's so exciting to hear him on new music.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Archer said:

Totally get what you mean. I hope for new music as much as you do. While I do think that GN'R could survive as a legacy touring act (and that would just be, as you put it meh .. :no:, what the most die-hard fans are so excited for is new music. I'm hopeful though - I find it highly unlikely that Slash and Duff would have rejoined without the possibility of new music or more collaboration. For me personally, the fact that Slash was willing on to work on the CD material is the biggest ray of hope.

I don't think they can survive as a legacy touring act because people are sick of those songs. Or they would need to change the setlist and add stuff they haven't played in 30 years. Ditch all of the covers, specially LALD :facepalm: and The Seeker. Why is The Seeker still being played? Axl did that one with the nuGNR since 2013. Too fucking long! Add a new one ffs...

Even though ACDC setlist has some turds on it, I feel like most of their songs are hits, they are fun to listen to, jump, dance... It's a fest going to their shows. But with Gn'R, This I Love is such a drag, Patience, hmm, November Rain :sleeper:
That setlist it's already too boring, too many covers that'd been played for so long it's not fun anymore.

Sucks that the CD songs are so complicated to play live, too long or too depressing. We need a new album that is happy, but not in a silly pop-way, you know.. something really cool and fun and rock n' roll.

I really don't know what to think about Slash and Duff regarding new music. I have the feeling they are back just for the tour. Doesn't Slash have to release an album with Myles?

What really bothered me is when Axl said they didn't have time to rehearse a Prince song to do a tribute in Coachella. What the hell with that?? But he does have time to rehearse 24/7 with AC/DC?

You know those are the things that make me distrust and be hopeless about Gn'R future.

On 5/12/2016 at 3:50 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Following these superb AC/DC vocal performances, if Mickey Mouse turns up for the GN'R tour, it is not going to look good. All eyes on the first date which I believe is Detroit June 23rd.

Agree 1000%.  I'm more excited for Axl/DC because with Axl/DC, Axl Rose sounds like Axl Rose the entire concert.  Reunion shows sounded unrehearsed (of course) and weak.  He needs to continue his passionate performances with GN'R to gauge my interest again with the reunion.  I bet Duff and Slash have seen the Axl/DC videos and are scratching their heads wondering where that frontman has been.