when will the chair go?

action

I was wondering when he'll get rid of the chair. It's been nearly six weeks since the injury, in principal enough time to heal the foot.

Have there been any updates on this subject that I missed?

Do you think he will risk standing on stage before the end of the current AXL/DC tour? I can imagine he won't be able to run around much even when he can loose the plaster.

Edited by action

1 hour ago, DexAxl said:

In Sevilla he was able to walk without crutches while shopping, but i think that interview in Lisbon he said he is just halfway there so that don't looks foot will be 100% healed soon.

Half way to full recovery, or half way to foot is healed...that wasn't specified, I think he meant half way to recovery as far as being able to move on stage again...
Also injury are a lottery, they can heal quicker for some than others, if Axl is generally quite healthy, he'll be back sooner than we think...I saw the London

show in June we'll see him moving...He's not gonna do the whole AC/DC tour without getting some Angus chemistry going at least once or twice if he can! 

May 7th was essentially 5 weeks and he said he was halfway to recovery. So tack on another 5 weeks and it would be around June 11th. That would be right at the end of the tour with only one gig left on June 12th. We'll see, maybe he will be out of the boot sooner than that.

2 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

May 7th was essentially 5 weeks and he said he was halfway to recovery. So tack on another 5 weeks and it would be around June 11th. That would be right at the end of the tour with only one gig left on June 12th. We'll see, maybe he will be out of the boot sooner than that.

I'm selfishly hoping by Manchester June 9th. I wanna see him move! :lol:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I'm selfishly hoping by Manchester June 9th. I wanna see him move! :lol:

Me too. I reckon he will be, if he can do some light walking now he should be ok by then. 

I hope he hasn't become reliant on the chair though. He's singing the best he has for years on that damn thing, might be psychologically challenging to go back to standing up. 

• Like 1

You gotta consider the inactivity as well. While he may be able to move around soon, he'll also get fatigued quite quickly which would greatly affect his vocal performance. So I wouldn't expect much or any movement during any of the remaining AC/DC gigs.

Edited by thunderram

39 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

If he can stand up and walk around in the street. I guess he can stand up on stage very soon. At least in some songs...

He walks with some difficulty, though. And probably he didn't walk that much.

A show is a whole different thing. Not only he has to walk, but move, dance... for 2 hours straight!... Not sure he's at that point right now.

2 hours ago, ChineseIRS said:

I hope at some point he can at least get a boot like on the UYI tour so he can move around a bit. I mean if they had the technology back then to come up with something im sure they can today.

a bit? lol. watch this:

If he sings this well while he's on a chair, I really don't care that much about him leaving it. Running around like a manic teenager is less important to me than sounding like the devil himself on Hells Bells.

Edited by The Archer

2 hours ago, action said:

a bit? lol. watch this:

the thing is......and I was at both the Deer Creek shows by the way...I believe he was a lot farther along in the healing process for whatever happened here than where he is at now.

@SoulMonster can you comment on what the issue was back in 1991 that forced Axl into wearing a boot?

I think in a week or two he could be out of the boot and moving on stage. It's going to require some athletic tape to secure the foot and ankle since the muscles will generally weaken after weeks of inactivity, but yea I'm two weeks it would likely be pain free so it's possible but with the schedule Axl has made for himself this year it wouldn't surprise me to see him let it heal past the required time to insure he won't have a setback 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2016 at 4:57 PM, tsinindy said:

the thing is......and I was at both the Deer Creek shows by the way...I believe he was a lot farther along in the healing process for whatever happened here than where he is at now.

@SoulMonster can you comment on what the issue was back in 1991 that forced Axl into wearing a boot?

This 91 vid has cast talk in it