Misfits to reunite with Danzig!

Powerage5

The classic lineup of horror core rockers The Misfits are reuniting for the first time since 1983 to headline the Riot Fests in Denver and Chicago in September. Original singer Glenn Danzig and bassist Jerry Only (who was briefly preceded by a different bassist in the band, though he's the first bassist to record with Misfits) will join longtime guitarist Doyle Wolfgang von Frankenstein
 as The Original Misfits to headline the Riot Fest & Rodeo in Denver (Sept. 2-4) and the Riot Fest & Carnival in Chicago (Sept. 16-18) 

Danzig and Only essentially invented the goth punk genre after forming in New Jersey in 1977, releasing the iconic albums as Walk Among Us and Earth A.D./Wolfs Bloodbefore breaking up in 1983. Only and his brother, guitarist Doyle, secured the rights to the name in 1995 and formed a new version of the band, which has toured and released a series of albums in the years since.

Danzig has continued to pursue his vision of metal and punk with his bands Danzig and Samhain, giving longtime fans a jolt of hope for a reunion last May when he donned his iconic skull face ("Crimson Ghost") makeup for the first time since leaving the band.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7370270/original-misfits-lineup-reunion-riot-fest

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, dalsh327 said:

They'll probably do an LA show on Halloween if these shows go well. 

I wonder who their drummer will be  - Googy or Chuck Biscuits? 

I was thinking NJ would be more likely. Hometown show on Halloween would be amazing. 

2 hours ago, dalsh327 said:

They'll probably do an LA show on Halloween if these shows go well. 

I wonder who their drummer will be  - Googy or Chuck Biscuits? 

I'm guessing it will probably be current drummer Eric Arce.

Does anybody else think this would be a great opening band for the GN'R tour? especially in South America.

Just now, Powerage5 said:

That's what I said on Facebook. I'm genuinely more surprised by this than GN'R. 

Yeah. I always thought deep down that Axl and Slash would make amends sooner or later. I never really at all got that feeling with Danzing and Only. 

16 minutes ago, The Matinator said:

I'm guessing it will probably be current drummer Eric Arce.

Does anybody else think this would be a great opening band for the GN'R tour? especially in South America.

They could all do Attitude together with Duff and Danzig trading verses. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

They could all do Attitude together with Duff and Danzig trading verses. 

OR...they could not and just let the people who do it well do it? :lol:  Loved Static Age...and Walk Among Us.  I'd go to see em if i was guaranteed I'd hear songs off those two albums.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

OR...they could not and just let the people who do it well do it? :lol:  Loved Static Age...and Walk Among Us.  I'd go to see em if i was guaranteed I'd hear songs off those two albums.

I think it's a safe assumption they'll do plenty of Walk Among Us. I'm sure at least Last Caress, Teenagers From Mars, Attitude, Bullet, and a few others. 

2 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

a sign of the apocalypse.... i agree with lenny on music.

I was wondering what Glenn sounded like these days. I don't listen to much Danzig, or Misfits really besides the old stuff. This was from a couple years ago but he sounds pretty damn good.

Edited by J Dog
  • Like 1

He does sound good there. I hadn't heard any recent recordings of Danzig since I don't really care for him post-Misfits, but I've been seeing all these comments about how awful he is live. I mean, come on - it's punk rock. He does a fine job on that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Denver setlist:

1. Death Comes Ripping

2. 20 Eyes

3. I Turned Into A Martian

4. Where Eagles Dare

5. Mommy, Can I Go Out And Kill Tonight?

6. Vampira

7. All Hell Breaks Loose

8. Hybrid Moments

9. Teenagers From Mars

10. London Dungeon

11. Earth AD

12. Green Hell

13. Devilock

14. Horror Business

15. We Are 138

16. Hollywood Babylon

17. Who Killed Marilyn