Your favorite GN'R gig of all time?

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Low quality VHS? Some chap on the internet remastered up, the Ritz show for instance and it looks fantastic. Regardless of that, shows like Paris PPV and Deer Creek can never be thought of as 'low quality' unless you have a low generation copy.

I've seen nugnr twice (2006/2012) and it is pitiful watching that group and comparing it to the 1985 - 93 band.

:thumbsup:true that.

4 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I actually think that is the 92 show.....but I could be wrong.

05.28.91 - Deer Creek Music Center, Noblesville, IN
opening act: Skid Row
set: Perfect Crime, Out Ta Get Me, Bad Obsession, Live And Let Die, 14 Years, Mr. Brownstone, Civil War, I Was Only Joking [Intro] / Patience, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Rocket Queen, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Double Talkin' Jive, Dust N' Bones, Estranged, Bad Time [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, Welcome To The Jungle, Paradise City
audio/video recording?: audio
notes: Axl & Izzy's homecoming show. Axl says that living in Indiana for him was like being in Auschwitz.

Nah, it's the '91 show, I have the show on a hard drive full of GNR bootlegs. Listening to the show now, Axl follows Perfect Crime with a 4 minute rant.

5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Nah, it's the '91 show, I have the show on a hard drive full of GNR bootlegs. Listening to the show now, Axl follows Perfect Crime with a 4 minute rant.

Gotcha...I was admittedly hammered at the 05/28/91 show...so my memory is a bit fuzzy.  I don't remember him being very negative towards Indiana like he was in 1992.  But, as I said....fuzzy :)

18 hours ago, ThermoNuclearWarrior said:

These are a few of mine and ones that haven't been mentioned yet.

Toronto 6/8/91 - One of the most energetic shows, they were flying that night. Awesome set list, one of the first times "You Ain't The First" was played live.

Weedsport NY 8/9/88 - The crowd was insane. There was a fight at almost the exact same spot of Rocket Queen as the '91 St. Louis show. The set list was nothing special, but executed precisely.

St. Louis 7/2/91 - Yeah, yeah, yeah, the riot show. They were not in top form by any means, Slash in paticular seemed to be really lit, but it's still an iconic performance. Personally I think Dust N' Bones was the best live version they ever did.

Hey- by the way. Have you heard the full Weedsport show somewhere? All I have ever seen or heard was the video posted on here a couple months ago. I'd love to be able to hear the whole thing but didn't think it existed.

Also- do you know the whole set list?

30 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Hey- by the way. Have you heard the full Weedsport show somewhere? All I have ever seen or heard was the video posted on here a couple months ago. I'd love to be able to hear the whole thing but didn't think it existed.

Also- do you know the whole set list?

I've only seen the same clip that was posted on here. Here is the whole set list according to setlist.fm

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/1988/cayuga-fairgrounds-weedsport-ny-5bdcd34c.html

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Gotcha...I was admittedly hammered at the 05/28/91 show...so my memory is a bit fuzzy.  I don't remember him being very negative towards Indiana like he was in 1992.  But, as I said....fuzzy :)

No worries, I'm just jealous you got to see those '91 gigs :lol:

All the classics have been mentioned. I like the Indiana show with the Marlboro shirt and scratchy voice. The Ritz and Roxy shows too.

I'll throw in the CBGB show. All acoustic, only like a hundred people there, One in a Million, and the whole band was absolutely hammered.

On zaterdag 14 mei 2016 at 2:19 AM, tsinindy said:

The first night is not rare, it was even bootlegged in Japan recently as a double pack with the video of the second night.

He hasn't EVER been more negative towards Indiana than on that first night ;) it doesn't get much worse than Auswitch !

3 hours ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

The first night is not rare, it was even bootlegged in Japan recently as a double pack with the video of the second night.

He hasn't EVER been more negative towards Indiana than on that first night ;) it doesn't get much worse than Auswitch !

Ummmm, he was very negative in 92.  Went on a huge rant about Tyson being incarcerated here, I recall a comment about the police here being Nazis or something to that effect.  He was generally a dick the whole night to be honest.

So I'd say he was on fairly on par with night 1 in 91.

6 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Ummmm, he was very negative in 92.  Went on a huge rant about Tyson being incarcerated here, I recall a comment about the police here being Nazis or something to that effect.  He was generally a dick the whole night to be honest.

So I'd say he was on fairly on par with night 1 in 91.

Tysons' rape sentence?? What did he say? i never heard about that rant.

well obviously for me it will be the one I have actually been to so far, their first Vegas gig this April. but having watched probably all the ones online i'd have to say this one in Noblesville Indiana is my second favorite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzYFDkCrh-A there are so many gems in it, Axl seems really happy and watching him dance around like some kind of whirling dervish while in a boot was epic! Slash and Duff wasted out of their minds was funny especially since they still kept playing on point IMO. I loved all of Axl's remarks, loved him and Izzy singing together in Dust and Bones and 14 Years and I have never seen anyone make playing the tambourine so damn sexy! the stripped down raw power of November Rain was amazing. and of course him asking "You wanna go dancin'?" was legendary. there are parts of other concerts I might like better but as a whole this was a stellar performance for me:axl92::wub::dance:

• Like 1

On 13/05/2016 at 9:57 AM, DieselDaisy said:

I cannot believe people are choosing nugnr shows haha. People, people, you don't have to. That era is over. We can all now rejoice and concentrate on blotting it from our consciousness.

Some of us liked that era better than this... whatever the fuck it is... that's happening at the moment.

19 minutes ago, Graeme said:

Some of us liked that era better than this... whatever the fuck it is... that's happening at the moment.

I'm quasi on your camp here Graeme as I basically feel all these 'nu' geezers, extremely talented people (some!), got a raw deal and were never allowed to progress into a genuine 'band'. I have picked up on the fact that they have unceremoniously been dumped. But whether it was Team Lebeis, Axl or the other players I felt - in summery - we were delivered absolute dross between 2000 - 2014. Let's face it, it was dross.

I'm actually a critic of the 'reunion' but I actually downloaded a Guns show; I've never been interested in a Guns show - on a nerdy bootleg level - since Rio 3. I attended two nugnr shows but did not give a toss about tracing up the bootlegs and was a bit indifferent to the live results. With this hybrid thing I actually downloaded the second Vegas show. I might be a critic but I am interested. Guns have never been this interesting since Rio 3.

Edited by DieselDaisy

A few of my favorites,

Trobadour, LA 7/11/1986

Ritz, NY 2/2/1988

Rock in Rio 2, Rio De Janeiro 1/20/1991

Rosemont Horizon, Chicago 4/9/1992

Buenos Aires, Argentina 7/16/1993

Rock in Rio 3, Rio De Janeiro 1/14/2001

Rock Am Ring, Germany 6/2/2006

Tokyo Dome, Tokyo 12/19/2009

John Labatt Center, London ON 1/26/2010

Fillmore Theater, Detroit 2/21/2012