Your favorite GN'R gig of all time?

I've been wondering this for quite some time now and I thought I should ask the question over here!

Since you guys are major GN'R fans (just like me) and probably listen to quite a lot of live bootlegs (just like me) I wonder what's your favorite GN'R concert of all time? 
Mine is probably Chicago '92 or Stockholm '91 (both nights really)! 

I would love to find some new great shows to listen to!;)

Hmmm, probably the one I listen to mostly nowadays is London Marquee 1987.

The NYC Ritz in October 1987 is definitely fantastic too (I wish I had the whole video footage though...).

Music Machine and Troubadour 1986 are also top for me.

Edited by AncientEvil80
  • Like 1

Paris 1992.

My parents let my brother and I watch it on PPV. We recorded it and I pretty much wore that tape out.

I bought tickets for the two of us for one of the upcoming shows. I'm sure that one will take first place then.

Edited by CandyGenius
  • Like 3

Ones I watch....ritz 88, argentina 93, Paris bercy 93. There's a ton of others though. 

Concerts ive been to from 01 up until 2012, I would pick manchester 2012.  November rain and civil war were worth it alone. 

i was also convinced i wouldn't get to see Axl again. Glad that's not going to happen :) 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

Marquee '87. I don't know why, it doesn't have footage or anything, but the band, that voice, that attitude...it's the Guns N' Roses I love :drool:

Honorable mention to Ritz, Paris '92, Argentina '93 and Freddie Mercury set.

• Like 1

The million dollar question... for a die GnR fan like me, is impossible to choose only 1 show. But i have some favorites:

- Chile 92

- That Ritz 87...

- Wembley 91

- Florida 91

- Saratoga 91

- Worcester 91

.... i can say a lot more.... i want to say thank so much to the ppl who recorded this from audience. I enjoy every day all shows.

Fuck, there's too many, can I just pick the best ones of each era? Marquee '87 (the June 22 show) and Tokyo '88 (the Dec. 7 show), Indianna '91/Hartford '93, Rock Am Ring '06/Bucharest '10.

Also, I still kinda think Calgary 2010 is the best show I've ever seen, but the April 8 Vegas show ties it because Coma.

• Like 1

Marque 87 - All 3 shows are killer..interesting listening how the band sorta grew in confidence as each gig passed. Night 2 was probably the best, they were ripping it up for that one, they were Animals let out of the cage for that gig.

LA 91 - 4 hour gig...nuff said

Chicago 92  - band were great that night. also one of the few times Coma was played on that tour.

Paris 92 - Lenny Kravitz and Steve Tyler/ Joe Perry as guests. 

Hartford 93 - The Garden was played that night. Killer version of Nice Boys played that night also

Argentina 93 - The last gig of the tour. And the end of that era of GNR

• Like 1

Hannover, Germany 06.03.1992- For the novelty factor of Axl either siting hunched over singing or disappearing completely for 80% of the show and just being completely low energy with the exception of the end of Patience and the beginning of the following song.

This show brought us such gems as: "My name is Mr. Swing, Mr. Mood Swing" and, re: Sweet Child, "This a song about getting fucked in the ass by a coke bottle".

Actual true favorite has to be Roxy 1986. But I do have a fondness in my heart for the blurry, shaky, slightly distorted Hannover, Germany show.

Edited by sanity_lost

Pasadena 12/30/1987 - Shit quality but classic. A few of Axl's greatest song introductions too.
Ritz 88 - For obvious reasons
St Patrick's Day Boston 1993.. I was there, best concert I have ever attended by anyone
Argentina 7/16/1993. Their second to last show. This string of songs is played to absolute perfection. DTJ, Dead Flowers, You Ain't The First, You're Crazy, Used To Love Her, Patience, KOHD, NR, Dead Horse. Boner Jam

June 6, 2014. The second to last show of No Trickery, the second to last show of my favorite lineup. Estranged, There Was A Time, Catcher In The Rye, Civil War, Prostitute, and Yesterdays all in one set - doesn't get much better than that for me.

• Like 1

Chicago 1992 because it's the first live show I saw on YouTube and I was hooked on how much more energy they had live than in the studio.

Argentina 1993

Chicago 2016 is gonna be my favorite assuming it all goes smoothly and Axl's voice isn't destroyed from the AC/DC tour

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Pasadena 12/30/1987 - Shit quality but classic. A few of Axl's greatest song introductions too.
Ritz 88 - For obvious reasons
St Patrick's Day Boston 1993.. I was there, best concert I have ever attended by anyone
Argentina 7/16/1993. Their second to last show. This string of songs is played to absolute perfection. DTJ, Dead Flowers, You Ain't The First, You're Crazy, Used To Love Her, Patience, KOHD, NR, Dead Horse. Boner Jam

I was going to post Pasadena and i thought nobody will remeber it :lol:

I wish we had better footage of the Felt Forum 88 show, that was probably the best 80's GNR show ever

1991 MSG shows were great, not to mention the 91-08.03 gig, longest GNR show ever