Chair or no Chair for Summer Tour?

Before the first AC/DC concert he said he was halfway there. So he'll be in it until early June.

These are biggest stages he'll have been on for 23 years, though, so it will be interesting to see what he actually does on them once he's out of the chair and how it will affect his current vocal resurgence.

He really needs to change his footwear once he's back on his feet, though. He's fallen over a number of times on recent tours. It's time to strike a new deal with Converse...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

Before the first AC/DC concert he said he was halfway there. So he'll be in it until early June.

These are biggest stages he'll have been on for 23 years, though, so it will be interesting to see what he actually does on them once he's out of the chair and how it will affect his current vocal resurgence.

He really needs to change his footwear once he's back on his feet, though. He's fallen over a number of times on recent tours. It's time to strike a new deal with Converse...

I have always thought it was amazing how he could run around so much wearing goddamn cowboy boots!  Those things were a broken foot waiting to happen...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

Payless Shoes have no grip... you may fall and bust your lip.

He must be going to Payless...

3 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

Totally agree with this!

The cowboy boots need to disappear and the whole 80's wash-up studded rocker outfit too. What he's wearing now for ACDC is the right thing (except the hats, sunglasses and excessive jewelry). As for shoes, really need comfortable ones, fashionable but good for a 2 hours show. Not sure the Giuseppe Zanotti ones are right for this but he could get a deal with any major sport shoes manufacturer.

Converse and Adidas would be great but I've seen him wearing Nike stuff.

8 hours ago, killuridols said:

Totally agree with this!

The cowboy boots need to disappear and the whole 80's wash-up studded rocker outfit too. What he's wearing now for ACDC is the right thing (except the hats, sunglasses and excessive jewelry). As for shoes, really need comfortable ones, fashionable but good for a 2 hours show. Not sure the Giuseppe Zanotti ones are right for this but he could get a deal with any major sport shoes manufacturer.

Converse and Adidas would be great but I've seen him wearing Nike stuff.

Totally disagree, for better or worse he is an 80's icon, and part of that was his image. You expect Kiss to dress up, you expect Judas priest to look a certain way, Ozzy, hell even Angus... Axl should embrace is image, lose weight and rock the fuck out of his bandanna till his dying breath, I'd bring back the leather pants once he's in shape. He can wear whatever modern shit he wants in real life, but when he's on that stage people want to see the Axl Rose they remember, nothing to be ashamed of... be proud.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Original said:

He needs to wear the custom Converse again!

xtgyaytx3rpngtgfshv9[1].jpg

i wonder why Converse never marketed these?

surely guns were so big they could have made a few dollars buy selling Axl edition converses with the AXL inscribed on the tongue and all or even later down the road after they had disband they could have brought them out as a nostalgia type thing....i personally want a pair

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, nightrain50 said:

Totally disagree, for better or worse he is an 80's icon, and part of that was his image. You expect Kiss to dress up, you expect Judas priest to look a certain way, Ozzy, hell even Angus... Axl should embrace is image, lose weight and rock the fuck out of his bandanna till his dying breath, I'd bring back the leather pants once he's in shape. He can wear whatever modern shit he wants in real life, but when he's on that stage people want to see the Axl Rose they remember, nothing to be ashamed of... be proud.

Well, that's you. Stuck in 1988. I'm moving forward and I like 2016 Axl. He's not an 80's icon because he's not dead, he didn't die in the 80's. He's pretty much well alive and kicking and I don't wanna see him looking terrible like Kiss or Vince Neil, who are cringeworthy characters embarrassing themselves and the fans by wearing things that don't look good on them anymore.

Angus wear the same outfit as always because that's his trademark, but Axl have changed his looks every time he came back to the scene. He doesn't have an uniform. Maybe the only thing that remains is the bandana, as his trademark. But until he loses more weight in his face, the bandana is really a bad option now.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Well, that's you. Stuck in 1988. I'm moving forward and I like 2016 Axl. He's not an 80's icon because he's not dead, he didn't die in the 80's. He's pretty much well alive and kicking and I don't wanna see him looking terrible like Kiss or Vince Neil, who are cringeworthy characters embarrassing themselves and the fans by wearing things that don't look good on them anymore.

Angus wear the same outfit as always because that's his trademark, but Axl have changed his looks every time he came back to the scene. He doesn't have an uniform. Maybe the only thing that remains is the bandana, as his trademark. But until he loses more weight in his face, the bandana is really a bad option now.

Vince Neil being cringe-worthy has nothing to do with what he's wearing... Axl trying to follow trends gave us dreads and an overly large jersey... I'd rather him look like the Axl from sweet child o' mine. It's a show, when he's on stage, a dancing chicken. What's more cringe-worthy? embracing your past and owning it or an old man trying to stay relevant by chasing the latest trend.... guess we have differing opinions on that.

Edited by nightrain50

1 minute ago, nightrain50 said:

Vince Neil being cringe-worthy has nothing to do with what he's wearing... Axl trying to follow trends gave us dreads and an overly large jersey... I'd rather him look like the Axl from sweet child o' mine. It's a show, when he's on stage, a dancing chicken. What's more cringe-worthy? embracing your past and owning it or an old man trying to stay relevant by chasing the latest trend.... guess we have differing opinions on that.

Yeah, tell me an overweighted guy in his 50's wearing outfits from the eighties is not the most embarrassing shit ever.

2014+iHeartRadio+Music+Festival+Night+1+

Axl still hasn't gotten here but if he keeps adding studs to his clothes, that's how he's gonna end up. 

glam-rock.jpg

you want him to dress like that now? lol

1 hour ago, nightrain50 said:

Axl shed the leather as soon as the 90s hit. Amusingly enough, the shows the majority of people witnessed were on the UYI tour. You know, when he was running around in little white or red spandex shorts with the occasional kilt? I am not sure we* want him to go back to what the majority probably remember him wearing.

*...well maybe some here wouldn't mind so much if he finds the fountain of youth somewhere and gets the body back he had then. Maybe.

11 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, tell me an overweighted guy in his 50's wearing outfits from the eighties is not the most embarrassing shit ever.

2014+iHeartRadio+Music+Festival+Night+1+

Axl still hasn't gotten here but if he keeps adding studs to his clothes, that's how he's gonna end up. 

glam-rock.jpg

you want him to dress like that now? lol

As if fat ass Vince Neil would look any better wearing anything else, besides I clearly said Axl should continue to lose weight, being overweight is stupid and stupidly easy to fix, no excuses....

21 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

Axl shed the leather as soon as the 90s hit. Amusingly enough, the shows the majority of people witnessed were on the UYI tour. You know, when he was running around in little white or red spandex shorts with the occasional kilt? I am not sure we* want him to go back to what the majority probably remember him wearing.

*...well maybe some here wouldn't mind so much if he finds the fountain of youth somewhere and gets the body back he had then. Maybe.

Most people remember him from the videos, and I would love to see the kilt return once he's in tip top shape, no one needs a fountain of youth to lose weight

moderning dressing sure helped Axl look less embarrassing, it's all about the weight same for Vince3pzdxl.jpg

Edited by nightrain50

59 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

i wonder why Converse never marketed these?

surely guns were so big they could have made a few dollars buy selling Axl edition converses with the AXL inscribed on the tongue and all or even later down the road after they had disband they could have brought them out as a nostalgia type thing....i personally want a pair

It was 1990-'93.  Different marketing era