Chair or no Chair for Summer Tour?

7 minutes ago, nightrain50 said:

As if fat ass Vince Neil would look any better wearing anything else, besides I clearly said Axl should continue to lose weight, being overweight is stupid and stupidly easy to fix, no excuses....

If being overweight is stupidly easy to fix, and you have the answer to help tens of millions of people fighting obesity, if you're not a gazallionaire for sharing your infinite wisdom on how to easily lose weight, then you're stupid.  There's no excuse why you shouldn't be marketing your stupid-easy plan to lose weight on infomercials after midnight for $19.99 a pop. 

Edited by Matt13
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Matt13 said:

If being overweight is stupidly easy to fix, and you have the answer to help tens of millions of people fighting obesity, if you're not a gazallionaire for sharing your infinite wisdom on how to easily lose weight, then you're stupid.  There's no excuse why you shouldn't be marketing your stupid-easy plan to lose weight on infomercials after midnight for $19.99 a pop. 

everyone knows how to lose weight, they just don't want to, they enjoy stuffing their fat faces more...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, nightrain50 said:

everyone knows how to lose weight, they just don't want to, they enjoy stuffing their fat faces more...

I guess you're right.  Everyone knows how to get a job, but they just don't want to, they enjoy tattooing their faces and collecting free benefits from the government.  

• Like 3

For the OP's question. from what I know, an injury/surgical procedure of that nature requires a pretty extensive recovery period and physical therapy. If he goes back to jumping around on it before it's truly healed he stands a great chance of injuring himself again.

I would guess we'll see the chair for a while longer and that when he's ready to graduate from it, he might have an orthopedic boot the way he did on the UYI tour. Those sorts of boots let a person walk normally without putting a lot of pressure on the injury. Working with Converse or New Balance again might be a smart idea, too...when he wore sneakers back in the day he was badass; no reason he can't still be badass with them now and save his feet.

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Well, that's you. Stuck in 1988. I'm moving forward and I like 2016 Axl. He's not an 80's icon because he's not dead, he didn't die in the 80's. He's pretty much well alive and kicking and I don't wanna see him looking terrible like Kiss or Vince Neil, who are cringeworthy characters embarrassing themselves and the fans by wearing things that don't look good on them anymore.

Angus wear the same outfit as always because that's his trademark, but Axl have changed his looks every time he came back to the scene. He doesn't have an uniform.

I agree with this. Axl's look has changed and evolved many times; he didn't look the same at the beginning of the UYI tour as he did at the end. It's up to him what he wants to wear, and if he were caught in some 1987 time warp it would just be sad.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nightrain50 said:

That's the definition of the reunion tour, and millions of fans would disagree that it's sad.

Except that this isn't a full out reunion tour and they're neither pretending they're 25 nor attempting to recreate those looks.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nightrain50 said:

could've fooled meSlash+2016+Coachella+Valley+Music+Arts+F333F7B8500000578-0-image-a-62_14608295813600.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

Well, then you've been fooled. Those aren't the same clothes, and they're quite obviously 30 years older. Now pull out the 80s and 90s UYI photos where Axl's in bicycle shorts and catchers' pads, or the ones where Axl's got hair teased to the ceiling and purple eyeshadow, and tell me again that they look just the same. Leather jackets and jeans are pretty universal. But hey, we got it, everyone should strive to look the way they did 30 years ago, being a relic is awesome. The people at clubs who dress like they're in the 80s don't look hopelessly outdated at all, no, of course not.

Edited by stella
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, stella said:

Well, then you've been fooled. Those aren't the same clothes, and they're quite obviously 30 years older. Now pull out the 80s and 90s UYI photos where Axl's in bicycle shorts and catchers' pads, or the ones where Axl's got hair teased to the ceiling and purple eyeshadow, and tell me again that they look just the same. Leather jackets and jeans are pretty universal. But hey, we got it, everyone should strive to look the way they did 30 years ago, being a relic is awesome. The people at clubs who dress like they're in the 80s don't look hopelessly outdated at all, no, of course not.

is stupidity learned or innate jZgDhiP.gif comparing some asshat at a club to a performing band, sure Axl tore it up in the clubs in his underwear...:wacko: leather jackets and jeans? what about leather pants.... Talk about being a relic, they're a rock n' roll band in 2016, let that sink in you.... I'll be nice, you non rocket scientist you.

Edited by nightrain50

14 hours ago, Matt13 said:

It is easy. Stop eating like a pig and run around sometimes. It won't magically disappear but it will gradually and eventually a person who is doing that will look good. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nightrain50 said:

Most people remember him from the videos,

One thing, though, is that November Rain is the most viewed GNR video and has almost twice as many views as Sweet Child. He doesn't wear leather in it. In the concert clips he is wearing a red suit jacket and red shorts. I suppose he could come out and wear that weird pirate suit from the wedding scene...

I can see your point. You are calling this a reunion tour and are picking it to be a reunion of the Appetite line-up and you want them to dress like they did when they are on the stage back then (but the part of the Appetite era that used the bandana and not the hairspray).

I personally don't care if Axl looks modern or not. I don't think anyone can call what he wore during UYI modern. I am fine with him choosing what he wants to wear. If he wants to go back to the assless chaps or the loincloth- well more power to him... I am just disagreeing that leather pants is Axl's image. Axl's image has always been ever changing, though yes, the bandana follows him. I also disagree with the band going back and trying to mimic an old  look just to make people feel more nostalgic. I am not completely sold on this being a reunion tour. And if it is a reunion tour it is definitely not an Appetite reunion tour atm.

5 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

One thing, though, is that November Rain is the most viewed GNR video and has almost twice as many views as Sweet Child. He doesn't wear leather in it. In the concert clips he is wearing a red suit jacket and red shorts. I suppose he could come out and wear that weird pirate suit from the wedding scene...

I can see your point. You are calling this a reunion tour and are picking it to be a reunion of the Appetite line-up and you want them to dress like they did when they are on the stage back then (but the part of the Appetite era that used the bandana and not the hairspray).

I personally don't care if Axl looks modern or not. I don't think anyone can call what he wore during UYI modern. I am fine with him choosing what he wants to wear. If he wants to go back to the assless chaps or the loincloth- well more power to him... I am just disagreeing that leather pants is Axl's image. Axl's image has always been ever changing, though yes, the bandana follows him. I also disagree with the band going back and trying to mimic an old  look just to make people feel more nostalgic. I am not completely sold on this being a reunion tour. And if it is a reunion tour it is definitely not an Appetite reunion tour atm.

I honestly don't care what he wears either, my whole point in this topic was just to refute that it's lame to wear the old "rocker" outfits. I enjoy it, and I'm sure a lot of others do too, can't please everyone. I do think he should change to those pirate coats when singing november rain, he already puts on a sport coat to be reminiscent of it.  In the end, I'm fine with whatever, I never dug the whole biker short era but I dealt with it. I think we can all agree the leather era was better than that...

Edited by nightrain50
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, nightrain50 said:

I honestly don't care what he wears either, my whole point in this topic was just to refute that it's lame to wear the old "rocker" outfits. I enjoy and it, and I'm sure a lot of others do too, can't please everyone. I do think he should change to those pirate coats when singing november rain, he already puts on a sport coat to be reminiscent of it.  In the end, I'm fine with whatever, I never dug the whole biker short era but I dealt with it. I think we can all agree the leather era was better than that...

... as long as the leather covers all of the nether regions.

• Like 1

I've been digging the chair..he's like a caged beast in some of his deliveries, like he just wants to tear that thing apart..i love that ferocity! However, some interaction with Slash and Duff is essential, so a happy medium would be nice..not running around too much, so that his voice stays as great as it is now, but still able to do a few cool stances and the back to back thing with Slash..