Your favorite bad movies?

American Ninja 1-4. 

They aren't cinematic masterpieces but they are freaking awesome. 

Teen Wolf actually might be a masterpiece. 

Animal House, Fletch, The Blues Brothers. They aren't bad movies to me.

Maybe Caddyshack movies are awful but I love those.

When I get cancer these are the movies I will watch. Not the Notebook or Shawahank Redemption piece of shit movie that is. 

Wolf. Is that meant to be bad? I love that movie. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2016 at 7:10 AM, DR DOOM said:

Steven Seagal movies are pretty fucking awful/enjoyable too.

That stretch of Above the Law, Out for Justice, Hard to Kill, Marked for Death, and Under Siege.

Van Damme is like that too. Bloodsport, Kickboxer, Death Warrant, Lionheart, Universal Soldier, Timecop.

• Like 1

There's this movie called The Underground  that has Jeff Fahey (he was the pilot in LOST) in it as Detective Brian Donnigan and it's the epitome of one of those late 80's/early 90's action flicks.

It's so bad it's golden...this one's about gangster rap, and a jazz band with their noses out of joint who start murdering rappers...it's up to Donnigan and his new partner (a sassy black guy) to take them down.

1 hour ago, J Dog said:

That stretch of Above the Law, Out for Justice, Hard to Kill, Marked for Death, and Under Siege.

Van Damme is like that too. Bloodsport, Kickboxer, Death Warrant, Lionheart, Universal Soldier, Timecop.

All those guys had a peak stretch that ended with some kind of a big commercial movie, with Van Damme it was Universal Soldier, with Steve Seagal it was Under Siege, with Arnie it was True Lies...Stallone i think gets unfairly lumped in the meathead category (though he made some of the best movies of that sort), Stallone i like to think is a little above those.  Those guys couldn't make a movie like Copland, or write a movie like Rocky.  Stallone showed some promise early on but i think he just saw a particular trend in the 80s and then just stopped trying and caved in to like...just big money hollywood type movies and embraced his typecast.  Which, y'know, i grew up on those movies so respect to him but early on you kinda felt, especially coming out of New York he had potential to be a different kinda actor.  Kinda like Eastwood where, he didn't really come out of the blocks as a lauded or even very respected actor, his early reviews were terrible, even for the Leone westerns...but every choice he made cinematically was to further himself in the craft or develop something in himself, whether as a director or stretching a particular archetype that he was attached to.  I mean like Stallone he was the action hero of his day but instead of just exploiting it he sort of...explored the humanity of it, like who are these men, what are they about, what makes em tick, what are their foibles...he deconstructed this archetype and searched for the meaning in their core.  Movies like Heartbreak Ridge, Bronco Billy etc etc, when really he was so identifiable and iconic he could've easily slipped into mindless self parody, and was in danger of doing so at certain times.  But then made choices like Play Misty for Me, or The Beguiled (which is a fantastic movie).  So yeah, Stallone, as much a i love him it's more to do with an on-going childhood affection for him and his movies but i do think there was potential for him to be so much more, even if it was a case of kinda reaching beyond his ability.  I mean Eastwood didn't do it all at once, it was a development over a long period.

On 5/17/2016 at 5:46 PM, wasted said:

The Blues Brothers.

There is a big hype around this movie, I din't love it but I just found it ok, my family hated it and said what crap im watching.

I din't expect it to be a musical, maybe thats why I was disappointed, but still it will remain a memorable movie to me. 

12 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

There is a big hype around this movie, I din't love it but I just found it ok, my family hated it and said what crap im watching.

I din't expect it to be a musical, maybe thats why I was disappointed, but still it will remain a memorable movie to me. 

Reassess yo opinion. Don't listen to your family they obviously don't know shit. with all due respect. No, I mean it's bad. It's kitschy. It makes me laugh though. It's Belushi though, just look at the winner!that bit where Elwood goes to his flat and the train runs past like all the time and he say "you get used to it"you need to watch it again with your family in the wood chipper. But it's no cinematic masterpiece - it a comedy, player.which reminds me of Mel Brooks. Naked Gun 2 1/2. The Producers. Dracula Dead and Loving it. Fuck it's so hard to throw those dvds put. Fuck streaming. Cds and dvds. God damn nazi police you cant even have a cd fetish in the USA. I tell u think country is going to shit! Carlo Rossi!

19 minutes ago, wasted said:

Reassess yo opinion. Don't listen to your family they obviously don't know shit. with all due respect. No, I mean it's bad. It's kitschy. It makes me laugh though. It's Belushi though, just look at the winner!that bit where Elwood goes to his flat and the train runs past like all the time and he say "you get used to it"you need to watch it again with your family in the wood chipper. But it's no cinematic masterpiece - it a comedy, player.which reminds me of Mel Brooks. Naked Gun 2 1/2. The Producers. Dracula Dead and Loving it. Fuck it's so hard to throw those dvds put. Fuck streaming. Cds and dvds. God damn nazi police you cant even have a cd fetish in the USA. I tell u think country is going to shit! Carlo Rossi!

Deliberate kitsch and being shite are two different things.

12 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

True but I doubt my gran knows the difference. That's why they aren't bad so I didn't include them. But Top Gun is serious. Days of Thunder is fucking awesome. Tony Scott is a great director so maybe I'm not really nailing the question here. But people would say Top Secret or Scary Movie is garbage more easily but really they are the same as Caddyshack or Animal House. So it's a trick subject. But come on those movies are hacky? Exquisite trash. 

Y'know what, I've never seen Top Gun.  As for Caddyshack and Animal House, see what puts them above Scary Movie is they are a parody of certain ideas, whereas Scary Movie is just immitating something contemporary and taking the piss out of it, Animal House isn't a parody or a spoof, it's more satirical.  There's a difference there.  It's like Peter Cook and Dudley Moore doing Derek and Clive, its satire, it's satirising an archetype, which isn't the same as if they'd just dressed up as Steptoe and Son or The Likely Lads which is a lot more..., whats the word I'm looking for?  Insubstantial.  Scary Movie is like sketch show spoof. 

36 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

True but I doubt my gran knows the difference. That's why they aren't bad so I didn't include them. But Top Gun is serious. Days of Thunder is fucking awesome. Tony Scott is a great director so maybe I'm not really nailing the question here. But people would say Top Secret or Scary Movie is garbage more easily but really they are the same as Caddyshack or Animal House. So it's a trick subject. But come on those movies are hacky? Exquisite trash. 

21 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Y'know what, I've never seen Top Gun.  As for Caddyshack and Animal House, see what puts them above Scary Movie is they are a parody of certain ideas, whereas Scary Movie is just immitating something contemporary and taking the piss out of it, Animal House isn't a parody or a spoof, it's more satirical.  There's a difference there.  It's like Peter Cook and Dudley Moore doing Derek and Clive, its satire, it's satirising an archetype, which isn't the same as if they'd just dressed up as Steptoe and Son or The Likely Lads which is a lot more..., whats the word I'm looking for?  Insubstantial.  Scary Movie is like sketch show spoof. 

The difference is very slim. Give it time. Once Charlie dies of AIDS the PC war machine will make Scary Movie 3 a classic. We hipnostized by film and tv itv documentaries. 

But it's true that Animal house is like the template for American pie. Maybe Old School is satirical in that way. 

Movie culture is real life now so rate them the same. 

Edited by wasted
Moment of clarity

23 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

That's sophisticated though innit. None of it Shakingspeare tho is it? 

See that some stereotyping shit. Who knows what audiences will like? We have the past to guide us. I'm not sure Mel Brooks is same level as Kubrick. And not sure if Blues and Animal are better than Scary movie. I think Scary movie is parodying spoof movies. So it's a close run thing. 

47 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

True but just plain mimicry tends to have a shorter shelf life than a more well thought out satire.

Shelf life? We are talking wasted's top 100 shitty movies you must watch not Sight Sound's  the cult classics. We will post randomly until we arrive at destination: wasted is right. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wasted said:

Shelf life? We are talking wasted's top 100 shitty movies you must watch not Sight Sound's  the cult classics. We will post randomly until we arrive at destination: wasted is right. 

Sorry, i completely misread the situation, you're right Wasted! :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

On 5/16/2016 at 10:46 AM, wasted said:

Young Guns II - Blaze of Glory

No love for the first one? Just as watchable.

Just now, Len B'stard said:

Shit, you're the man Wasted, I'm just passing through :lol:

It's wasted's world homie. We just live here.

• Like 1