About Melissa Reese...

I still don't think Melissa is a part of Guns N Roses. She doesn't fit at all in my opinion. But who cares. If I buy GNR tickets, I want to only see Slash, Axl and Duff. Not Meli$$a and this drummerguy so I don't think I will notice her.

Edited by Bandanaman

I would think she"ll be here for the remaider of the tour ,then who knows what will become of the band.I was beyond happy and hopeful when the regrouping first broke.As time passes I feel as though they'll do this tour make a bunch of money and everyone will go their separate ways.Without any new music to show for it.Hope I'm wrong 

5 hours ago, mikebones said:

Do you think Axl will kick her out of the band after the ACDC shows?

My theory is, Axl is having a lot of fun with ACDC and ACDC makes pure rock n roll, no keyboards or synths... Would Axl consider comeback to the raw days?

That is a hell of a theory based on nothing.

• Like 4

She should be gone because they shouldn't be wasting set list space with nu songs no one wants anyways. I get that they're there solely for Axl's fragile ego, and fragile ego only, but when virtually everybody in the audience either uses the songs to rest or take a piss, you'd be best to reevaluate. It was ok for a trial, but now it's time to get rid of the errors.

• Like 1

She's better than Pittman, but I think we all hoped Dizzy was going to be doing all the keys and synths. The only reason o'm OK with her is because she is bang on with her vocals. 

As for if Axl is going to change because of AC/DC... no! :rofl-lol: Axl has been well aware of AC/Dc throughout his entire career, he didn't have to join them to know they were no bullshit rocj n' roll. Axl still loves, Queen, Elton John and a lot of other stuff: he will remain the same. He might however, choose to bring a few more hard rockers back into the set more often like 'Out ta get me, My Michelle' etc. Hoping for Pretty tied up, and Dead horse personally... not to mention the ever elusive "new material"... "hey! we got new music!!! the new Better intro..." :P Just to be clear the new intro is cool!

My theory is we are working our way back to 1987. So the at the end of this World tour, Izzy will replace Melissa then when they tour in 2017 Dizzy will leave and Steven will be back on drums for the Vegas AFD Residency. 

I don't know where this fits but when it comes to making records GNR make a certain type scope wise, even on AFD there's Paradise and Rocket. But then on UYI and CD it expanded. And that's what GNR do or can bring. If they take it back to rock n roll and do an ACDC type album you would lose a lot of what GNR is. Same if you do mid period Stones pop rock. Other bands do this kind of stuff. INXS and Prince for example. 

So wonder if GNR should keep pushing at the boundaries. I know CD did that and half the fanbase passed. But still even with Slash it might be more like UYI scope wise than as scaled back as VR. 

So Melissa stays. Throne stays. At somepoint the interviews will flow like fresh blood on the walls of the asylum. 

• Like 1

I like Melissa for the eye candy factor. But function wise you do wonder when people claim she is needed on CD materials...how did Dizzy alone survived pre 2016? 

My take is whether she is there or not..doesn't make any difference.

15 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

I like Melissa for the eye candy factor. But function wise you do wonder when people claim she is needed on CD materials...how did Dizzy alone survived pre 2016? 

That's the thing. Dizzy has never survived alone, not on the UYI tour., not with NuGNR. Maybe he's the problem. #SACKDIZZYKEEPMELISSA

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, wasted said:

I don't know where this fits but when it comes to making records GNR make a certain type scope wise, even on AFD there's Paradise and Rocket. But then on UYI and CD it expanded. And that's what GNR do or can bring. If they take it back to rock n roll and do an ACDC type album you would lose a lot of what GNR is. Same if you do mid period Stones pop rock. Other bands do this kind of stuff. INXS and Prince for example. 

So wonder if GNR should keep pushing at the boundaries. I know CD did that and half the fanbase passed. But still even with Slash it might be more like UYI scope wise than as scaled back as VR. 

So Melissa stays. Throne stays. At somepoint the interviews will flow like fresh blood on the walls of the asylum. 

I think it will be cool if they like do the Chinese thing where it's varied so 3 or 4 songs can expand, but not too much where it doesn't sound like Gn'R anymore, yet it invites new sounds to the mix.

I'm thinking more Better with faster rhythm to the verses and not really something like Shackler's. It needs to always sound sleazy, not mechanical with Slash on board, but whatever works and they're all into it is all you can really ask for.

I think they've got a lot of bases covered when it comes to experimenting, so I guess more interesting song structures and just material to pick from is there. The hard rock vibe is something Slash, Duff, Fortus, and Frank share. The synths and nu sounds is mellisa and all the ballads you can possibly want are already written by Axl?

Making another old school Gn'R album will not be enough for me. Every Guns album brought something new in a way yeah. This one could rock harder but it needs to sound fresh and varied, something Guns always delivered.

Edited by Rovim

6 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I think it will be cool if they like do the Chinese thing where it's varied so 3 or 4 songs can expand, but not too much where it doesn't sound like Gn'R anymore, yet it invites new sounds to the mix.

I'm thinking more Better with faster rhythm to the verses and not really something like Shackler's. It needs to always sound sleazy, not mechanical with Slash on board, but whatever works and they're all into it is all you can really ask for.

I think they've got a lot of bases covered when it comes to experimenting, so I guess more interesting song structures and just material to pick from is there. The hard rock vibe is something Slash, Duff, Fortus, and Frank share. The synths and nu sounds is mellisa and all the ballads you can possibly want are already written by Axl?

Making another old school Gn'R album will not be enough for me. Every Guns album brought something new in a way yeah. This one could rock harder but it needs to sound fresh and varied, something Guns always delivered.

Shackler's and Scraped would be replaced by a couple of Slash and Duff punk rockers. Get in the Ring, Garden of Eden. If the World would have to be something like Heaven's Door or Don't Cry. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, wasted said:

Shackler's and Scraped would be replaced by a couple of Slash and Duff punk rockers. Get in the Ring, Garden of Eden. If the World would have to be something like Heaven's Door or Don't Cry. 

Perhaps:

Horror vibe: The General, Seven, The Zodiac (Slash does those kinda tunes and is into it)

Ballads: Atlas Shrugged, Down By The Ocean

Hard Rock: Slash riff thingy, Soulmonster.

Duff 1 or 2 punk tunes

Slash and Duff write a few Appetite sounding tunes with Frank and Fortus and a new Coma and Chinese Democracy mix tune but it's about The Indonesian president. An angry epic tune.

Edited by Rovim

18 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Dude...come on lol.  I was at Vegas, I know you were too.  I did not even notice she was there.  You generally make a lot of valid complaints and bring up a lot of good points and issues, but this has to be far down the list of legitimate issues one could have in my mind.

Melissas presence or lack thereof is fairly irrelevant either way unless you're just looking for things to complain about.

I agree and have said that she has had the least negative effect so far on the actual music..

She still to me is just not needed and adds a whole cheese factor to the whole thing. A very pop Spice Girls element to Guns N' Roses.. Terrible... I didn't notice her too much at the show but she pops up all over the youtube videos and it is cringe worthy when she does. This doesn't seem to be an uncommon opinion.

I'd still rather see Frank and Fortus go before her as far as their effect on the music goes.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bobbo said:

She should be gone because they shouldn't be wasting set list space with nu songs no one wants anyways. I get that they're there solely for Axl's fragile ego, and fragile ego only, but when virtually everybody in the audience either uses the songs to rest or take a piss, you'd be best to reevaluate. It was ok for a trial, but now it's time to get rid of the errors.

I dunno, every video I've seen has people singing along to Chinese/Better and enjoying themselves during those songs. Seems silly not to include at least a couple of CD songs, as that would basically invalidate the past 20 years for Axl (and all the people that worked on the album). Especially since Slash mentioned in the past he liked CD, and Duff played on the songs on the last tour.

Slash doing his own solos to CD songs legitimizes them in a way that they couldn't be otherwise, and that's pretty cool. I would assume Coma being a staple of the first shows is a similar thing, as that is known as Slash's baby. It's a mutual respect thing.

Edited by Stro

6 hours ago, Rovim said:

Perhaps:

Horror vibe: The General, Seven, The Zodiac, Soulmonster (Slash does those kinda tunes and is into it)

Ballads: Atlas Shrugged, Down By The Ocean

Hard Rock: Slash riff thingy, Soulmonster.

Duff 1 or 2 punk tunes

Slash and Fortus write a few Appetite sounding tunes with Frank and Fortus and a new Coma and Chinese Democracy mix tune but it's about The Indonesian president. An angry epic tune.

Stay of Execution sounds about right. 

The whole CD II tracklist still seems like the right mix. Although I did tailor it myself so I would believe. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Stro said:

I dunno, every video I've seen has people singing along to Chinese/Better and enjoying themselves during those songs. Seems silly not to include at least a couple of CD songs, as that would basically invalidate the past 20 years for Axl (and all the people that worked on the album). Especially since Slash mentioned in the past he liked CD, and Duff played on the songs on the last tour.

Slash doing his own solos to CD songs legitimizes them in a way that they couldn't be otherwise, and that's pretty cool. I would assume Coma being a staple of the first shows is a similar thing, as that is known as Slash's baby. It's a mutual respect thing.

Last interview I saw it was pretty clear that he didn't like CD.. In not so many works he said it was great to hear Axl's voice but the music :is what it is" or something to that effect.

Most of these past shows were filled will hards, a lot whom have probably followed Axl the last 20 years.. This Stadium tour will be a different story. The majority will have no idea what the CD songs are. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Last interview I saw it was pretty clear that he didn't like CD.. In not so many works he said it was great to hear Axl's voice but the music :is what it is" or something to that effect.

Most of these past shows were filled will hards, a lot whom have probably followed Axl the last 20 years.. This Stadium tour will be a different story. The majority will have no idea what the CD songs are. 

Yeah well...now they'll be exposed to those songs and might be excited to listen to CD. I don't see the issue here. It's 2-3 songs made under the GNR banner out of a 3 hour show, which has Axl and Slash collaborating to make them something different. Why would anyone have a problem with that?