About Melissa Reese...

I highly doubt it, but he should get rid of her. I still don't understand the point of having her AND Dizzy. 

Going with your theory, that he's having fun doing the no bones straight up rock n' roll with AC/DC, but that's that and won't change GN'R. He gets to have the best of both worlds for the time being.

4 minutes ago, maynard said:

Dropping the fx and keys and going for a more raw set on the final leg of the next world tour would actually be very cool. Don't see it happening.

But Axl still needs to do a few Chinese tunes in every show. Like it or not, if you gonna do it, don't half ass it, which in this case means someone needs to make synths happen. And she brings her always on point backing vocals and it goes together very well with Axl's voice imo. Better than Pitman, Tracy and Roberta, and prerecorded shit that sounded horrid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Do you really need her for even the Chinese tunes? I'm sure Dizzy can handle both the synth and the farts at the same time.

No. WTTJ requires bongos.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThermoNuclearWarrior said:

And tambourines. Now that I think of it, it all makes perfect sense 

Some people forget just how complex the true Gn'R sound is.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

She is cute, and her backing vocals in Better are pretty good. Just leave her there.

If Axl brings that AC/DC voice to GNR I'm down for whatever he wants to do.

The indifferent thing is that he could have probably brought it for all this time and can probably bring it to the Guns shows as well. The problem is that rehearsals are basically like working out. I think Axl does not want to do it. Shall we call it lazy?

The cool thing is that an idol came along and you know... Axl did 20 rehearsals and it shows. Yes I hear the work he has put in. It's all there in his singing. Much more powerful and just warmed up. The AC/DC material is easier to sing imo, but rehearsals are the only way other than just warming up as the tour moves along which is a damn shame and lazy to be honest. He is all warmed up now though. Maybe he'll rehears occasionally, but he doesn't actually seem to sing Guns tunes at home or while taking showers.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

The sad/funny thing is that he could have probably brought it for all this time and can probably bring it to the Guns shows as well. The problem is that rehearsals are basically like working out. I think Axl does not want to do it. Shall we call it lazy?

The cool thing is that an idol came along and you know... Axl did 20 rehearsals and it shows. Yes I hear the work he has put in. It's all there in his singing. Much more powerful and just warmed up. The AC/DC material is easier to sing imo, but rehearsals are the only way other than just warming up as the tour moves along which is a damn shame and lazy to be honest. He is all warmed up now though. Maybe he'll rehears occasionally, but he doesn't actually seem to sing Guns tunes at home or while taking a shower and of course no rehearsals.

Yeah Rovim. The impression that I get is that he is a bit fed up from singing the same GNR tunes for so many years. 

To be honest, when the frist Troubadour and Vegas clip emerged I thought Axl sounded really good. The 2016 Axl was a singer who had aged well and was putting on a hell of a show for a 54 year old singer with a style such as his and such a history of problems and changes in his voice. That was above expectations, really.

Then he comes out for this AC/DC shows sounding like he is 30 years old, and it's just weird. I'm obviously happy, I'm a big AC/DC fan, but it is really puzzling. He either knew he could do this all this time since 2010, and chose not to, or he lost the ability due to inactivity - and it simply came back with relentless rehearsals with AC/DC.

I think it's the second, and I hope Axl is as surprised and as happy as we are. Between the last AC/DC show and the first GNR one there'll be a couple weeks, iirc. Hopefully Axl keeps his voice warm during that.

I'm hoping Axl does keep up with his voice. I hope he doesn't just get lazy when it comes to GnR. I'm wondering if he did actually ruin his voice. Because he sounded pretty shitty for a long time, could just have been him not caring though I guess. 

Everyone there who wasn't already in the band before 2015, will probably leave eventually if all they do is tour and never record anything. Melissa will be gone if this whole thing becomes stagnant. She's the only one with a long bright future in the industry by virtue of not being around 50.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

The only thing that doesn't add up is.....why would he ask to fill in with AC/DC if he thought he couldn't do it?

If he didn't know he can sing like that?

He must have known he can.

After 20 rehearsals yeah, you can kinda tell you sound great or like shit and the Axl/DC rehearsals that leaked were a good indication I'd say.

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

Everyone there who wasn't already in the band before 2015, will probably leave eventually if all they do is tour and never record anything. Melissa will be gone if this whole thing becomes stagnant. She's the only one with a long bright future in the industry by virtue of not being around 50.

Axl certainly got another chance to deliver another Guns album with Slash and Duff. Kinda like after UYI. I believe they can do it, not sure he's able to release it. Maybe they can "get him" to do it like Robin did with This I Love or like Slash and Duff did with UYI. Plus everyone is older now except Mellisa. I'm saying there's a chance.

Edited by Rovim

47 minutes ago, ThermoNuclearWarrior said:

And tambourines. Now that I think of it, it all makes perfect sense 

Also with Fernando and jarmo being as busy as they are with 3 hour meetings and what not, it realistically keeps her in the band for now

19 minutes ago, Rovim said:

After 20 rehearsals yeah, you can kinda tell you sound great or like shit and the Axl/DC rehearsals that leaked were a good indication I'd say.

He even mentions in one of the clips that he really sucked on the first rehearsals, and Angus told him to keep trying. He also says that he finally understands the benefits of rehearsing, but is glad they are over.

4 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

He even mentions in one of the clips that he really sucked on the first rehearsals, and Angus told him to keep trying. He also says that he finally understands the benefits of rehearsing, but is glad they are over.

I hope he's learned. Nobody expected him to sound this good; and even though he's 54 and a bit chunky and was considered a lost cause by the public, he's winning back the global spotlight again. He's probably the biggest rockstar in the world right now. The chances of that happening were slim. Very slim.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebones said:

Do you think Axl will kick her out of the band after the ACDC shows?

My theory is, Axl is having a lot of fun with ACDC and ACDC makes pure rock n roll, no keyboards or synths... Would Axl consider comeback to the raw days?

Don't you think that GNR music is more complex than AC/DC? I mean for 40 years AC/DC did not changed shit and GNR have alot songs that have keyboards and synths and that is because Axl wanted it.