About Melissa Reese...

17 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

Then you have a selective memory or you just weren't paying attention. Zig Zag and the backup singers were widely derided. Just about everybody I knew thought they were ridiculous.

There just wasn't the internet for the derision to be 'recorded' as such.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Randy Jesus said:

Her backing vocals on most of the songs fit in better ...  There is a lot of synth that you don't know about.

On most, but I caught myself being distracted by her falsetto singing during Chinese Democracy's chorus, where she tend to overdo it. I actually like Duff's backing vocals most of the 'new' additions.

9 hours ago, bigpoop said:

Then you have a selective memory or you just weren't paying attention. Zig Zag and the backup singers were widely derided. Just about everybody I knew thought they were ridiculous.

And again for people with selective memories... Zig Zag wasn't a band member.. He was a touring musician. He wasn't out there for every song and it was only part of the tour. He wasn't a band member.. 

Her addition to this band is a joke... Just punctuates the fact that this is still Axl's band and "vision" whatever that is supposed to fucking be.  It is embarrassing seeing her flop around up there while trying to watch a song like Nightrain..

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Her addition to this band is a joke... Just punctuates the fact that this is still Axl's band and "vision" whatever that is supposed to fucking be.  It is embarrassing seeing her flop around up there while trying to watch a song like Nightrain..

Then focus on Axl, Slash and Duff..they are the ones at the front of the stage. Dude, the band from 1988 is gone..deal with it. Enjoy your memories of it and broaden your parameters to get some enjoyment from them again 30 years later, which is actually a great thing. Solely focusing on the negative aspects will only make the experience more negative for you, when you could probably enjoy it just fine if you would actually let yourself, and not hold so tightly to an image in your head.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Chewy2 said:

I had never heard of her before she joined GNR but she seems to have a nice voice.  This is not an easy song to sing:

better than vince neil

that's not saying much though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Then focus on Axl, Slash and Duff..they are the ones at the front of the stage. Dude, the band from 1988 is gone..deal with it. Enjoy your memories of it and broaden your parameters to get some enjoyment from them again 30 years later, which is actually a great thing. Solely focusing on the negative aspects will only make the experience more negative for you, when you could probably enjoy it just fine if you would actually let yourself, and not hold so tightly to an image in your head.

Well said. 

On 5/13/2016 at 0:42 PM, DexAxl said:

Let's first get rid of more vital part of band who ruins almost every AFD song, FRANK get the fuck out of GNR i personally don't care about Melissa to think about her.

I like frank.

That said, my ex girlfriend could out drum him on every song if she wanted to.

On 5/29/2016 at 0:45 PM, Whiskey Rose said:

I was directly referring to a video of Nightrain I was watching that day where she was just as prominent as the other guys in the video.. It was pathetic.. She is useless and hardly audible but just looks dumb up there.  

As for focusing on the negative, if it still sounded fantastic we wouldn't have to ficus on the negative. There is no reason why this band (aside from Axl's voice) shouldn't sound as good or even better than they did back in the day. They just don't... Anyone who says they do is delusional. 

• Like 2

On May 13, 2016 at 11:58 AM, Jw224 said:

I'm hoping Axl does keep up with his voice. I hope he doesn't just get lazy when it comes to GnR. I'm wondering if he did actually ruin his voice. Because he sounded pretty shitty for a long time, could just have been him not caring though I guess. 

He also gets a lot more rest between the ACDC shows.  He has a chance for his voice to recover.  The Guns schedule is going to be a much more difficult one so I think he will be singing clean a lot. 

• Like 1

On May 29, 2016 at 0:21 PM, Tom-Ass said:

And you know why he wanted her right? He has that little faith in himself and his band, because it is HIS band. So get as many bodies as you can to cover up as many mistakes as you can

• Like 1

She adds absolutely nothing to the band but she's a much better presence than douchbag Chris Pitman. If Melissa left or stayed nobody would care because it woudln't make a difference. anyone who actually believes she adds anything or thinks she's a great addition to the band well I'm sorry but you're nothing more than an Axl Rose lap dog. 

Let's bitch about Frank instead because seriously if they could replace him with Matt that would be fantastic. Melissa can do her unnoticeable thing till the end of time for all I care. Let's fill the real positions(drums) with guys that make a positive difference. 

Edited by Bono
  • Like 1

On May 29, 2016 at 2:02 AM, SEPTEM said:

Dont be ignorants. Melissa is a wonderfull adition for gnr.  She does a lot in most songs ( waaayyy better than pitman).  And her backing vocals are tastefull, nice, powerfull.

She is pitman, teddy, and tracy all in one .

Wich reminds me...

I dont remember nobody complaining about teddy andreadis back in the 90's, ( they had dizzy and teddy, so, two guys for keyboards, efects, etc.)   . Also i dont remember nobody bitching about tracy and roberta.

So..  Why all the blah blah blah about miss reese??..  ( what a deluxe musician for the job)

Ohh .. I get it.. In gnr fans world, people have to complain about something diferent every day. Just because

i'll see u standing there...

Should you be saying "anybody" instead of "nobody."

People aren't being "ignorants" because they have a different opinion than you. They just have a different opinion. 

And aren't you doing exactly what you are complaining about others doing? I'm a post where you bash people for complaining....you are complaint about other people. 

And you clearly weren't around in the 90s because lots of diehard fans hated how bloated GnR had become. That Appetite Five created one of the greatest rock records of all time. Lots of fans were diddsponted to see GnR add keyboards and backup singers. In fact, adding all these multiple players is part of the reason GnR broke up. Slash and Izzy wanted a sleezy Stones/Aerosmith type band. Axl is the only guy who wanted a band with ten members on stage. 

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 1

On June 1, 2016 at 1:27 PM, Stro said:

So weird that a video highlighting the whole band highlights every member of the band.

Nothing screams rock n roll like having a 25-year old raver with blue hair hopping around on stage.  Axl truly is the last true rock star. 

Are people still complaining about her being in the band? Sheesh.

She plays quite a big part in backing sounds for a number of tracks. Her backing vocals are UYI Tour-esque as well; Sinilar to Tracy and Roberta. Did people complain about them being on stage during that tour?

If Mellisa's presence ruins the show for you, well then I just feel bad for you.

19 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

If Mellisa's presence ruins the show for you, well then I just feel bad for you.

Pretty much my thoughts at this point. If Slash, Duff, and Axl are on the stage together and you're busy watching Melissa Reese then you're doing it wrong. Aside from her backing vocals I haven't paid any attention to her in the videos, nor will I live.

Nobody has to like her (or Frank or Richard for that matter), but what gets me is the people who willingly spent hundreds of dollars on the upcoming shows and still complain about her presence ruining things. If you spent the coin, why let someone at the back of the stage ruin the experience of seeing the big three? She at least doesn't have a negative effect on the songs, whereas it's certainly more debatable with Frank (and I like Frank).

Thus, she'll be easy enough to ignore at the upcoming shows.

i didn't like the addition of Tracy, Roberta,Teddy,The 976 horn section even Dizzy. I like the band on their own with no added extras.

I actually don't notice Melissa that much so i'm not fussed either way with her. She is very pretty though.

46 minutes ago, Scumcat Esq. said:

Having Melissa aboard, the band really should play So Fine. She can lend awesome backing vocals.

i love that song!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

Are people still complaining about her being in the band? Sheesh.

She plays quite a big part in backing sounds for a number of tracks. Her backing vocals are UYI Tour-esque as well; Sinilar to Tracy and Roberta. Did people complain about them being on stage during that tour?

Actually people did complain about them being on stage back in the day. 

But your final point is valid. It's like saying your meal is ruined because your pre-meal glass of water wasn't cold enough. 

At this point I think people are just antsy to see what is in store for the band once the tour starts. New songs? Will Axl have the same passion that he is showing in ACDC? Will Adler or Izzy make an appearance? Will Frank slow down a bit? Will their be any interviews? I suspect most people won't be talking about the rave girl once all stuff that happens. There were actually discussions about how Axl cuts and combs his hair. We need Axl and GnR to restart the regrouping tour.

• Like 1