What other bands could Axl front if they lost their singer?

11 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

'police n n!ggers...thats right...' :lol:

We could drop the N bomb now?

Bitch hooray for tolerance!s

Eh Bitch hooray for tolerance!s

Yo Bitch hooray for tolerance!

Eh Bitch hooray for tolerance!s

Yo Bitch hooray for tolerance!s

There's so much bitch in you

You'se a Bitch, hooray for tolerance!!

:lol:

Carpe Diem Baby

Edit:

wtf!?

:lol:

Edited by Snake-Pit

Led Zeppelin would be a great fit. It's similar to the AC/DC situation in that, if they were to replace their frontman, they'd need an iconic name who can also deliver vocally. Axl's voice is perfect for Zeppelin material, it'd be even easier for him than AC/DC as it requires little to no rasp, but with Axl's style it'd make the songs edgier and a bit meaner which personally, I always thought Plant lacked a bit. I'd love to hear Communication Breakdown and Immigrant Song with some brutal screams. Zeppelin is right up Axl's alley.

Edited by AlexC
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, AlexC said:

Led Zeppelin would be a great fit. It's similar to the AC/DC situation in that, if they were to replace their frontman, they'd need an iconic name who can also deliver vocally. Axl's voice is perfect for Zeppelin material, it'd be even easier for him than AC/DC as it requires little to no rasp, but with Axl's style it'd make the songs edgier and a bit meaner which personally, I always thought Plant lacked a bit. I'd love to hear Communication Breakdown and Immigrant Song with some brutal screams. Zeppelin is right up Axl's alley.

NO,:facepalm:JUST NO!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AlexC said:

John Bonham was too important to their sound. I think the band itself died when he passed away, regardless of any performances since then. And if you think the AC/DC fans are up in arms, just imagine the Zeppelin fanbase if Axl was in that job. Livid is an understatement, haha. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AlexC said:

Axl is great at what he's great at, but no way could he sing the Zeppelin stuff.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

Axl is great at what he's great at, but no way could he sing the Zeppelin stuff.

I know it sounds like a stretch but that's what we thought about AC/DC. Brian Johnson has covered Zeppelin without much effort with Geordie and while it wasn't exactly Plant, it wasn't all bad.

I think Axl would just sound different. Even if a an AxLed Zeppelin is in the realm of fantasy, I would really be curious to see Guns cover them at some point.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

John Bonham was too important to their sound. I think the band itself died when he passed away, regardless of any performances since then. And if you think the AC/DC fans are up in arms, just imagine the Zeppelin fanbase if Axl was in that job. Livid is an understatement, haha. 

I agree and it wouldn't work because Plant is still alive and refuses to resurrect the band. But it would be funny to see what we are seeing now with many AC/DC fans though - shock, dismay, anger, reluctant acceptance and then high praise.