Axl and Queen

5 hours ago, scooby845 said:

I have always been wondering if Axl could be the frontman of Queen. Since he always cited Queen as his major influence, especially at Wembley Freddie Tribute 1992 saying - Queen is art..

Now back to the present day.. in an era that nobody thought would be possible (GNR reunion and Axl/DC)... I mean I understand that Queen lately hasn't been active but if they would love to seal their legacy I absolutely think Axl would be an appropriate frontman for the farewell tour. I mean he certainly has the vocal range that suits the band..

Thoughts?

at this point i want axl to front queen and every other rock band

queen is a great idea cause axl obviosly knows and love the material

thin lizzy would be another band that axl could front -- specially because most of the songs are in low voice and axls low voice is terrific

and we all know axl loves lizzy

i cant stand listening to another ThreeUnion show with those hired hands destroying the songs

and then again they are playing the same old songs

axl wanted to bury appetite in 1989 i cant believe he is still doing 6/7/8 appetite songs per show

axl/dc has been much more fun than this threeunion thing

my main hope is that guns n roses gets back together and releases many many albums

just get Izzy and Steven, get rid of the hired hands, write some rocking tunes and release them

its so fucking easy

2 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

at this point i want axl to front queen and every other rock band

queen is a great idea cause axl obviosly knows and love the material

thin lizzy would be another band that axl could front -- specially because most of the songs are in low voice and axls low voice is terrific

and we all know axl loves lizzy

i cant stand listening to another ThreeUnion show with those hired hands destroying the songs

and then again they are playing the same old songs

axl wanted to bury appetite in 1989 i cant believe he is still doing 6/7/8 appetite songs per show

axl/dc has been much more fun than this threeunion thing

my main hope is that guns n roses gets back together and releases many many albums

just get Izzy and Steven, get rid of the hired hands, write some rocking tunes and release them

its so fucking easy

main hope GNR having Axl's DC voice and album. 

Edited by valengf

4 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

I think a big part of the problem with GnR is to do with Queen.  Cuz Axl loves Queen.  I think he wanted GnR to be a modern day Queen.  And Queen are the biggest load of fuckin' shite this side of Christendom.

i thought U2 and pearl jam and u2 and creed and u2 and limp biskit and u2 and linking park and u2 and green day and u2 were the biggest load of fucking shit in this planet 

:rofl-lol:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

1) Honestly Dies'! That response was the next step down from 'neeeurgh, so's your Mum' :lol:

2) No, I am 100 million percent sure, I am talking about Queen, y'know Queen, with the Indian poof with the tache and goofy teeth and the leotard?  That one yeah.  The one with the guitarist whoose hair looks like he's been in a spin dryer?  That one.  The 'bring ballet to the masses' band.  Yeah, that one :lol:  I'm suprised at you really, as someone who has never been found wanting in the crusade to take the mickey out of the effete and poncey that you'd let a collection of massive quims as Queen get away with it.

Really though, bag of shite :lol:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with femininity or homosexuality. I'm not really a fan of Queen though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jw224 said:

Axl's voice wouldn't suit Queen songs imo, so no. 

i think axl sings at least 18 times better than freddie ever did

axl makes queen songs better

this is a queen song that axl thinks that he never sung right

(listen to what axl says before the song)

well to me it sounds at least 18 times better than the original

12 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

i think axl sings at least 18 times better than freddie ever did

axl makes queen songs better

this is a queen song that axl thinks that he never sung right

(listen to what axl says before the song)

well to me it sounds at least 18 times better than the original

Gonna have to disagree. I'm a massive fan of Queen as well as GnR and his voice just doesn't fit imo. He didn't sound good singing that song, at all. 

Edited by Jw224
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, scooby845 said:

I have always been wondering if Axl could be the frontman of Queen. Since he always cited Queen as his major influence, especially at Wembley Freddie Tribute 1992 saying - Queen is art..

Hey maybe Axl the savior could replace John Lennon and do Beatles tour? Or The Doors? Even maybe Led Zeppelin fuck Robert, Axl is here to help. Oh yeah i forgot Axl is friend with Dave now maybe he can do Nirvana reunion too? Just please stop with this all bullshit i hope this AC/DC episode will end after U.S. dates and he can be 100% focused on GNR shit.

• Like 2

Just now, DexAxl said:

Hey maybe Axl the savior could replace John Lennon and do Beatles tour? Or The Doors? Even maybe Led Zeppelin fuck Robert, Axl is here to help. Oh yeah i forgot Axl is friend with Dave now maybe he can do Nirvana reunion too? Just please stop with this all bullshit i hope this AC/DC episode will end after U.S. dates and he can be 100% focused on GNR shit.

I agree, it's nice he's helping AC/DC and I'm sure it's great for him but just because he's doing this doesn't mean he's going to go on to front every band in the known universe. 

Axl in AC/DC is a pretty natural fit, cause AC/DC is all about high pitched raspy screaming. But Queen is something else. I might like it, cause I love Axl's voice, but it definitely wouldn't sound even remotely like Queen, so I don't see it as a good idea. Besides, Axl's voice at the moment sounds great when he screams. But when he sings stuff like SCOM, he tends to sound weaker. So it's impossible to say what Axl would sound like if he sang Queen. It might sound like pure helium Mickey.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

1) Honestly Dies'! That response was the next step down from 'neeeurgh, so's your Mum' :lol:

2) No, I am 100 million percent sure, I am talking about Queen, y'know Queen, with the Indian poof with the tache and goofy teeth and the leotard?  That one yeah.  The one with the guitarist whoose hair looks like he's been in a spin dryer?  That one.  The 'bring ballet to the masses' band.  Yeah, that one :lol:  I'm suprised at you really, as someone who has never been found wanting in the crusade to take the mickey out of the effete and poncey that you'd let a collection of massive quims as Queen get away with it.

Really though, bag of shite :lol:

It sounds like your main problem with them is purely aesthetics. Which doesn't surprise me as The Sex Pistols didn't have much to offer musically.

Edited by HeartbreakerWoman
  • Like 1

Wasn't axl suppose to be rumoured to replace the late great Freddie around 93. 

Brain may worked on chi dem so maybe it was true. But axl and Freddie are the 2 greatest singers to exist but on 2 ends of the scale. It wouldn't work. Axl couldn't sing the show must go on or days of our lives, nor could Fred pull of jungle or double talking jive motherfucker!

2 great singers in 2 great bands 

2 hours ago, Jw224 said:

Gonna have to disagree. I'm a massive fan of Queen as well as GnR and his voice just doesn't fit imo. He didn't sound good singing that song, at all. 

Yeah that's just not good at all.

3 hours ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with femininity or homosexuality. I'm not really a fan of Queen though.

There is when its attached to shit music.

1 hour ago, HeartbreakerWoman said:

It sounds like your main problem with them is purely aesthetics. Which doesn't surprise me as The Sex Pistols didn't have much to offer musically.

Two slaps, thats all it'd take, two slaps :lol:

16 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Now back to the present day.. in an era that nobody thought would be possible (GNR reunion and Axl/DC)... I mean I understand that Queen lately hasn't been active but if they would love to seal their legacy I absolutely think Axl would be an appropriate frontman for the farewell tour. I mean he certainly has the vocal range that suits the band..

Thoughts?

Nobody thought Axl/DC would be possible for "political" reasons more than anything else, and because the notion seemed so absurd at the time (still does). Nobody doubted Axl's ability to sing the music, or whether his voice would suit it.

Much like you wouldn't want to hear Freddie singing Thunderstruck or Welcome To The Jungle; Axl on Queen's material (the bulk of it at least) just wouldn't work from a stylistic point of view. He might hit the notes, but his rasp doesn't suit the music at all.... in comparison, AC/DC is perhaps an even better fit for his current voice than GN'R. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, highvoltage said:

Nobody thought Axl/DC would be possible for "political" reasons more than anything else, and because the notion seemed so absurd at the time (still does). Nobody doubted Axl's ability to sing the music, or whether his voice would suit it.

Much like you wouldn't want to hear Freddie singing Thunderstruck or Welcome To The Jungle; Axl on Queen's material (the bulk of it at least) just wouldn't work from a stylistic point of view. He might hit the notes, but his rasp doesn't suit the music at all.... in comparison, AC/DC is perhaps an even better fit for his current voice than GN'R. 

From most of what I read prior to Axl joining ACDC there were huge concerns with his voice, and how his voice would fit. The surprise came when Axl was so good on Brian's material over Bon's...but I think a vast number of people really thought Axl would come out as the braided guy with a high pitched voice that has no fit for ACDC...nobody anticipated we were going to get early 90's Axl on vocals. The additional ammo came in the form of Axl's professionalism, so I think that hate still lingers. 

The only reason id like to hear Axl on Queen material is to see how he manipulates his voice, right now we don't think he can find a mid range with clean vocals that would suit Queen on many songs, but ever since this ACDC thing I feel like Axl has some tricks up his sleeves...give him time to prepare and maybe he finds that vocal range again that comes off less like Mickey and more like a late 80's Axl...is it likely? No but I have a hard time counting Axl completely out of anything right now, he's a great vocalist. 

All speculation of course, if Axl ever joins Queen I don't think the world could handle it...we would have truly entered the Twilight Zone. 

Sure let's get Axl to sing covers fronting past bands for good- lol. I'm enjoying Axl DC for the fact that we get to hear him sing some new to him tunes, but seriously- new gnr tunes are what we want. You know even if they are reworked cd2 tunes. Dude needs to concentrate on gnr and not be reliving Queens glory days. Sorry, I bet he could pull it off but my vote is no. No disrespect to queen.

There is no way in hell Axl will ever be the singer of Queen. Not even a huge Queen fan, but his voice doesn't suit at all, as proven by that horrid rendition of TYMD. And Axl can't just rasp Queen songs, he'd need to use his full voice, which, as proven by NR, still sounds like pure shite. I prefer Axl as a singer, but in terms of singing technicalities, power and consistency, Freddie absolutely blows Axl outta the water, whether some of you like it on here or not.