Axl and Queen

15 hours ago, ludurigan said:

i think axl sings at least 18 times better than freddie ever did

axl makes queen songs better

this is a queen song that axl thinks that he never sung right

(listen to what axl says before the song)

well to me it sounds at least 18 times better than the original

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA just about nobody, nevermind on this forum, on this planet, agrees with you that 1. Axl sings Queen songs better than FREDDIE MERCURY and 2. That that rendition of TYMD doesn't sound like pure shite.

21 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

I think a big part of the problem with GnR is to do with Queen.  Cuz Axl loves Queen.  I think he wanted GnR to be a modern day Queen.  And Queen are the biggest load of fuckin' shite this side of Christendom.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-h2YWq76oVROkdmYZnRA

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

The only reason id like to hear Axl on Queen material is to see how he manipulates his voice, right now we don't think he can find a mid range with clean vocals that would suit Queen on many songs, but ever since this ACDC thing I feel like Axl has some tricks up his sleeves...give him time to prepare and maybe he finds that vocal range again that comes off less like Mickey and more like a late 80's Axl...is it likely? No but I have a hard time counting Axl completely out of anything right now, he's a great vocalist. 

Axl today don't have any chance to pull of Freddie's vocals on any song, you have to agree that AC/DC (specially Brian era) isn't really singing you can rasp it through every song and that's it i don't see what is challenging there. And GNR don't really have that much songs that you can rasp through full song and because of that he sounds better with AC/DC than GNR.

2 hours ago, DexAxl said:

Axl today don't have any chance to pull of Freddie's vocals on any song, you have to agree that AC/DC (specially Brian era) isn't really singing you can rasp it through every song and that's it i don't see what is challenging there. And GNR don't really have that much songs that you can rasp through full song and because of that he sounds better with AC/DC than GNR.

Some of that may be true but in no way can you say it's not challenging. To blast it consitantly that high and with power and control is ridiculously hard. Hence why Brian hasn't been able to do it for years. Even if Axl is just using head voice for the majority of the set, to get it that heavily distorted and strong is insane, especially on stuff like Thunderstruck and the end of For Those About to Rock. On some stuff you can clearly hear that he's pulling his chest voice up as well, like on the verses of Shoot to Thrill. That's also a song that Brian has sounded shit on for decades. I don't think you fully realise what Axl is actually doing vocally with this AC/DC material, it is impressive and it is more than challenging.

He used his upper chest voice throughout the entire verse portion of Nightrain as well.

• Like 4

IMO Queen with Axl wouldn't work. Axl could sing some of the heavier stuff (I want it all) as well as some of the balladier stuff (Show must go on), but I just can't imagine it working for a full set. 

That being said, if they sculpted a set around what what best serve his voice they definitely have enough material to make it work while maybe not playing all of their biggest hits.

Finally, we don't have to worry about this. Queen are fairly loved up with Adam L. and close to retirement. 

1 hour ago, wasted said:

Gotta be better than Paul Rodgers.

I actually enjoyed him. It wasn't the same, or anything! but it also wasn't quite as much of a tribute to themselves, compared to the Adam Lambert led band.

4 hours ago, DexAxl said:

Ha! the challenge is the register and intensity. To sing that high with that much grit is no cakewalk. Brian Johnson is a great singer, and doing him justice is very difficult / challenging.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

IMO Queen with Axl wouldn't work. Axl could sing some of the heavier stuff (I want it all) as well as some of the balladier stuff (Show must go on), but I just can't imagine it working for a full set. 

That being said, if they sculpted a set around what what best serve his voice they definitely have enough material to make it work while maybe not playing all of their biggest hits.

Finally, we don't have to worry about this. Queen are fairly loved up with Adam L. and close to retirement. 

I actually enjoyed him. It wasn't the same, or anything! but it also wasn't quite as much of a tribute to themselves, compared to the Adam Lambert led band.

I've seen an Adam Lambert arena show. And then I went home and played One in a Million on repeat for 2 hours. He's a great entertainer though. 

But yeah I think Axl would slant it more to ...but don't you think he could do a Live Magic set list? 

I mean if Paul Rodgers can do it but I think he was just a tasteful, inoffensive choice for the unthinkable. It's basically Chad Kroeger fronting Nirvana for a reunion tour. 

8 hours ago, Philipm787 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA just about nobody, nevermind on this forum, on this planet, agrees with you that 1. Axl sings Queen songs better than FREDDIE MERCURY and 2. That that rendition of TYMD doesn't sound like pure shite.

should i be worried about it?

:rofl-lol:

8 hours ago, Philipm787 said:

What if I told you I don't dislike Freddie mercurys voice, but it's not something I seek out. I like queens radio hits. But for me his voice is a little to theatrical. I like it down and dirty. A Touch too much.

Assholes are like opinions or something like that.

Edited by Sprite

"Jimmy Page, Led Zeppelins lead guitarist after seeing Axl's performances with AC/DC is ready to bring him in Zep too. "I'm so excited!" he said. "So excited that could revive Yardbirds too!"

"Robert Plant responded to his old friend, admitting Rose agreed to replace him also in his own band -Robert Plant & The Sensational Space Shifters- after his invitation..! What an amazing year for Axl"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ludurigan said:

should i be worried about it?

:rofl-lol:

I would be, if I was you.

1 hour ago, Sprite said:

What if I told you I don't dislike Freddie mercurys voice, but it's not something I seek out. I like queens radio hits. But for me his voice is a little to theatrical. I like it down and dirty. A Touch too much.

Assholes are like opinions or something like that.

I don't get what point you're trying to make?

I still think that Axl would be the perfect deal for a farewell tour... After all Brian May and him were/are good friends.. Many times he joined Guns on stage during UYI tour and even opened for the Skin N; Bones tour.. Axn Axl collaborated on CD with him...

I think Freddie was just irreplaceable. 

While I'm glad for the way Queen inspired GN'Rs evolution, I'm under no illusion that Axl could ever fill in successfully for Freddie Mercury. Nor do I think that Axl's ever tried to sing like Freddie or could if he tried. Sure, he's filled in on a few songs or parts of songs, but that's it.

Axl is just a much better fit for AC/DC than Adam Lambert is for Queen. Adam is a great fit as a guest vocalist for Queen - much, much better than Paul Rodgers. Also, despite Axl still being a 'guest' singer, it is still being billed as AC/DC, not AC/DC+Axl Rose. I would not be interested in Queen+Axl for just that reason alone. Also, I think that while Brian May has given Axl high praise in the past ( I remember him saying that Axl sounded out of this world on some of the notes he hit in KOHD, in 2006 or 2008) I don't know or think that he'd have ever considered Axl as a replacement for Freddie.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

He did look a bit like a horse didn't he?  Well, sort of a gay pony anyway :lol:

I respect the fact that he hated his teeth but never got them fixed.

As for the gay part, never bothered me. I remember my teenage years, some dumb fuck sayin "do you like Queen?, (Nelson laugh) haha, the singer is gay." Then i replied, Little Richard is gay too, so what.

I would love to hear Axl takes on Headlong, I want it all, Hang on in there, The march of the black queen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Russel Nash said:

I respect the fact that he hated his teeth but never got them fixed.

As for the gay part, never bothered me. I remember my teenage years, some dumb fuck sayin "do you like Queen?, (Nelson laugh) haha, the singer is gay." Then i replied, Little Richard is gay too, so what.

I would love to hear Axl takes on Headlong, I want it all, Hang on in there, The march of the black queen

and.....Little Richard is The King.