The new trend in country music: Mentioning GN'R.

The Real McCoy

Thomas Rhett - "T-Shirt"

"You were in my t-shirt right there, your hair messed up like a Guns N' Roses video"

Keith Urban - "Wasted Time"

"Seven kids on a two lane road, had the Guns on the radio" / "Singing out the window, on the back roads, Sweet Child O' Mine"

Frankie Ballard - "L.A. Woman"

"Trying to catch a buzz, listening to some Guns"

Edited by The Real McCoy

Guns has always had a pretty strong fan base from the country crowd. You know how most people who listen to country only listen to country, but most of them still get down with bands like GNR, Stones, AC/DC, Skynyrd to name a few. Pretty cool.

Edited by J Dog
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, J Dog said:

Guns has always had a pretty strong fan base from the country crowd. You know how most people who listen to country only listen to country, but most of them still get down with bands like GNR, Stones, AC/DC, Skynyrd to name a few. Pretty cool.

I'm noticing that a lot of country fans love 80s rock these days. Not to mention that there's a lot of songs on the radio right now that are basically rock songs with fiddles and a little twang. 

Not to mention the country artists that have covered GNR over the years like Jason Aldean and Carrie Underwood.

4 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

No offence Mccoy but you wouldnt know decent country music if it ran past you with its tits out.

Hey, I love Johnny Cash and the like, but I didn't get involved with country radio until 2006, so that's kind of where I jumped in to it with both feet. Nothing wrong with the classics, I'm just more interested in what's going on today.

10 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

I'm noticing that a lot of country fans love 80s rock these days. Not to mention that there's a lot of songs on the radio right now that are basically rock songs with fiddles and a little twang. 

Not to mention the country artists that have covered GNR over the years like Jason Aldean and Carrie Underwood.

One of Dee Snider's last podcasts had a great story of how when Twisted played Sturgis, they got woken up at like 2am by all the country bands blasting 80s metal. He opened the window of his bunk and yelled "hey, glad you listen to our stuff when you want to party, we don't rock out to your shit!" or something like that, and then they all parties together into the night. Don't remember which episode it was, but it was fuckin hilarious :D

• Like 1