Does Axl care more about ACDC than he does GNR?

Not since the 90's has Axl acted the way he has since joining ACDC.  His attitude and voice is far beyond what it is with GNR. His vocals with ACDC are far better than any of the shows he has recently done with Guns. Are GNR songs so hard to sing compared to AC/DC or does Axl not give a shit to put more effort into his voice with Guns? I am one of those people who think Axl can sing with Rasp on any GNR song but chooses not to. I find that to be disrespectful towards his GNR fan base. And if he doesn't sing with rasp in order to save his voice, then the fact that he is now using full rasp with ACDC is a spit in the face of GNR. As far as his attitude goes, he seems to be loving all the press time he is doing with his new band. He had done more media with ACDC than he has done in 20+ years with GNR. I seriously think that if Angus asked him, he would drop GNR for ACDC. 

What do you guys think?

Edited by SWINGTRADER
  • Like 3

I really hope not. I'm a GnR fan and not an AC/DC fan. AC/DC bores me to tears. I'm already growing tired of this... collaboration.

I'm happy happy for Axl that he gets to do this and I'm glad he's enjoying himself, but... let's not turn this into a permanent thing.

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

Not since the 90's has Axl acted the way he has since joining ACDC.  His attitude and voice is far beyond what it is with GNR. His vocals with ACDC are far better than any of the shows he has recently done with Guns. Are GNR songs so hard to sing compared to AC/DC or does Axl not give a shit to put more effort into his voice with Guns? I am one of those people who think Axl can sing with Rasp on any GNR song but chooses not to. I find that to be disrespectful towards his GNR fan base. And if he doesn't sing with rasp in order to save his voice, then the fact that he is now using full rasp with ACDC is a spit in the face of GNR. As far as his attitude goes, he seems to be loving all the press time he is doing with his new band. He had done more media with ACDC than he has done in 20+ years with GNR. I seriously think that if Angus asked him, he would drop GNR for ACDC. 

What do you guys think?

Most of AC/DC songs are supposed to be with rasp through entire song, how do you think he can sing NR, Estranged or Don't cry with rasp? I'm sure Axl don't enjoy press, you have to understand Angus is boss and if Axl want's to be part of band he have to do interviews.

Edited by DexAxl

I think with GNR Axl feels a level of "I've been there and done that" he has nothing left to prove to Slash, Duff or anyone who joins the band. He's already gone to the top of that hill.

With ACDC he's interacting with a new fanbase, a new band, and he wants to show them why their gamble on him is worth it. So I do think he cares more about ACDC, his level of error is far smaller with them than gnr. 

This is going to prove to be a good break for Axl though, he has to be tired of singing the same songs with gnr. I feel like he's going to give both fan bases his best effort this go around. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

I really hope not. I'm a GnR fan and not an AC/DC fan. AC/DC bores me to tears. I'm already growing tired of this... collaboration.

I'm happy happy for Axl that he gets to do this and I'm glad he's enjoying himself, but... let's not turn this into a permanent thing.

I agree. ACDC just doesn't do it for me. I'm glad he's enjoying it but it just seems off that after all this time, he finally gets back with the guys and instead of hyping that, he's off keeping ACDC afloat. I am also worried his voice is gonna go before the GNR tour. I've watched some ACDC videos and in some of those songs (mainly For Those About to Rock) he pushes his voice till it cracks. Just seems like odd timing to me and take away from GNR.

Edit-for spelling error

Edited by Bulldog
  • Like 1

I think the whole axl/dc thing is just good for GNR. I believe this has a lot to do with Slash and especially Duff being back in a band. GNR is doing good (even if I think frank sucks, and the live chemistry is still nowhere good), Axl can relax and have some fun, maybe hopefully get inspired of music again. would be funny though, after all the years of keeping GNR alive/half alive, all the BS and shit, finally dreams come true.....SLASH is BAAAACK! Oh, im out, im with Ac/Dc lol. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SWINGTRADER said:

What do you guys think?

I agree. Ask one question to yourself? When was the last time Rose was passionate about Guns N' Roses. You may have to go back to the Buckethead line-up for that answer, or at a minimum the 2006 tour.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, The Archer said:

On a final note, I don't see Slash and Duff or Richard or Frank crib on a daily basis about how much Axl loves AC/DC more than GN'R, but they aren't doing so because I suspect that they realize that Axl being excited and happy and bringing in more publicity by way of AC/DC is good for them and their futures with GN'R too. 

That's a funny way of saying "gag order"

• Like 1

The AC/DC tour is his first non-GN'R related tour since his days with L.A. Guns. A completly new challenge for him. And I don't think that we will see much from GN'R apart from the "Not In This Lifetime… Tour" in the future (and I thought that even before Axl joined AC/DC on the "Rock Or Bust Tour").

Edited by Sosso

To me from what I've seen from the shows he has been in a great mood and shown a lot of energy in the GNR shows. AC/DC songs are right in his wheelhouse with the rasp. He has been excellent in both bands in all of the shows. This is only going to help him when he comes back to GNR in June. I never question his passion or heart. He goes on stage and sings his but off! No reason to question his loyalty and passion with GNR. 

Edited by Appetiteyourillusion
Spelling
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

That's a funny way of saying "gag order"

If Slash and Duff are dumb sheep just following gag orders, then everything that they've said about what happened in the last 25 years is a big, fat lie.

• Like 2

Of course he cares more about GNR. Its his band, his songs. But obviously he wanted yo make a good impression as new acdc front man And redeem himself. Patience so that that voice can arrive well to GNR

Edited by valengf
Grammar
  • Like 1

I don't know, GN'R meant a whole lot to him at TheTroubadour gig when he did an almost full set with a broken foot!! Nothing was going to get him off that stage he was sharing with Slash for the first time in 23 years. He cares....now. 

Of course with AC/DC it's a whole new ball game. I get the impression he would like to front both bands and is trying to convince Angus to keep him in. There's the motivation. 

Past GN'R shows, well he obviously lost his way with them somewhere. 

Nah. He's excited as fuck Slash and Duff are back, all the acceptance, seeing him looking at Slash wailing tells me all I need to know really.

Angus is bigger than life. Especially for lifelong fans like Axl. It's crazy to be in that position I'd imagine. You can't really compare it to anything else, but still Guns is his main focus imo.

There are a lot of benefits in Axl is killing it with Angus and DC. Just as a Guns fan, I think both the AC/DC thing and Slash and Duff can get Axl to actually do something with the current line up but it's possible I'm just too stoned.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2