The Throbs - Come Down Sister

mizzystar

Yes, they were a pretty cool band, though i haven't heard the album in forever. Do you have their album?

The bassist Danny Nordahl (third from the left in that picture) lived in an apartment directly downstairs from my family for a few years back then . He was a very nice guy, he knew my brother and I were into rock/metal etc. so he gave us the promo copy (cassette) of this album before it came out .He also introduced us to Thin Lizzy by lending us a VHS tape of them and also introduced me to Dawn of The Dead and Day of the Dead for the first time on VHS ( I was only about 12 or 13 at the time) They changed singers and one or two players a year or so later and he renamed the band "The Vibes". I saw them live but don't think there was ever a "The Vibes" album. Last I heard he was the bassist in Faster Pussycat now.

• Like 1

Yeah, I actually never got to meet him . Nice name huh, Sweetheart ? From what Danny told my brother and I  he could be anything but a sweetheart sometimes. He was the first person to go I'm pretty sure because he was very hard to deal with. Danny got a new singer for The Vibes .

Though, I don't know how true that all is because we all know lead singer's are usually humble and very easy to deal with :)

The whole album is on youtube if you want to check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfGI9MIwSg4

Edited by Nobody

yeah they sound good. It's a just a shame they didn't make it that far like other rock bands though! Anyways I'm glad you met Danny although he wasn't famous haha & Sweetheart well yeah he is also talented even though his a wild one lol:)