Chris Slade: Rock Or Bust Is Not The End Of AC/CD

axlslash

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I say BS to your BS.

Bon Scott had some terrific lyrics: 'Sin City', 'Night Prowler', 'Shot Down In Flames', 'Jail Break'. He had the Chuck Berryesque witticisms and self deprecation, not to mention a darkness which the Brian era lacked.

Haha good choices there. They sure lost a lot when Bon died 

However GNR has some great lyrical pieces, 'Coma' 'Estranged' 'Civil War' 'Locomotive' 'Don't Cry' 'Patience'. You know this, most of these are on one album. AFD is brilliant in itself. I still think GNR takes the lyrical cake here

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I say BS to your BS.

Bon Scott had some terrific lyrics: 'Sin City', 'Night Prowler', 'Shot Down In Flames', 'Jail Break'. He had the Chuck Berryesque witticisms and self deprecation, not to mention a darkness which the Brian era lacked.

+1

Not to mention, Gone Shootin', 'Down Payment Blues'...even stuff like 'If you want Blood..', when you realize that it's Bon railing against the downsides of Rock N' Roll celebrity and laying it all out there. Bon could joke about getting an STD on Crabsody in Blue and be flippant and comical on Big Balls in ways that Brian could just never ever be.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Slash787 said:

What if its the end of Chris Slade and they bring back Phil Rudd.

After this tour gets over, they won't tour or go in the studio till the next 2 to 3 years if you see their past record. 

I have a feeling its end of AC/DC after this tour. 

Phil Rudd will definetely not come back, I do think that Youngs have made that very clear. Even Angus looks (close up) that he is ready for retirement, his words (during interviews) and his actions (during the shows) do not implicate that he does want to stop. And personally I think that is a good thing. AC/DC `s great songs are from a jurassic period, but their shows are not just any rock show, they bring together all generations and they are simply mega good times party events. The die hard fans will always complain, but as long as Axl does a good job ( in my opionion much better than Brian did in the past couple of years) they can tour until Angus rides to Rock n Roll Valhalla.

Phil is not coming back. Not only would he have travel difficulties, but the timing of his fuck up couldn't have been worse. Right when they were releasing the first album without Mal. I'm sure Angus has completely written the guy off.

AC/DCs philosophy was always to continue… after Bon's death, after Malcolm's retirement, after Brians hearing loss. 

And by the way media are speculating about the very last tour since Ballbreaker was released lol. 

Edited by Sosso

9 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Haha good choices there. They sure lost a lot when Bon died 

However GNR has some great lyrical pieces, 'Coma' 'Estranged' 'Civil War' 'Locomotive' 'Don't Cry' 'Patience'. You know this, most of these are on one album. AFD is brilliant in itself. I still think GNR takes the lyrical cake here

Yes, Stradlin is a fine lyricist.

Everything must have changed when they heard Axl hit those very first notes at his try out...I would have loved to see that moment and their faces. Nobody could have anticipated that voice would be back with such fire. 

They literally were moments away from canceling their tour with no direction to move forward on when out of the sky the lead singer for Guns N Roses wants to help...it would feel like destiny that all these things came together for them, I'm not sure if Angus has given it much thought but I can't imagine he lets this gift from the God's or for ACDC's sake from Hell go to waste, they have to be planning a live release of some sort and if they can pull an album together I have no doubt that Axl will be the guy to lay his vocals to it. 

They know this is a huge opportunity, and at their age to have a legitimate shot at making something really really good again has to feel incredible. I honestly believe Axl played a role in how the Brian situation was handled. It's like they lost their girlfriend and found an even hotter girl to replace her..it's easy to forget about what you had when you have a new shiney object in front of you. 

Its just crazy to think how much life Axl has brought into ACDC's camp, where would you go if you didn't have him? 

• Like 3

Im torn on what i want to happen grew up with Brian been on the tours since SUL,BI,RoB

This setlist for RoB totally pisses all over BI its way more superior. 

Axl is doing a fine job its not his fault over what's happened as said earlier if they do more it will be soon as they aint getting any younger

6 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

That, the static Black Ice set, is probably because of the situation with Malcolm.

That's most certainly the reason. The poor guy was having enough trouble relearning the classics every night for the core set - imagine throwing all these rarities at him! Once the news came out about Malcolm I instantly felt terrible for having bitched about the Black Ice set lists.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, James Bond said:

That's most certainly the reason. The poor guy was having enough trouble relearning the classics every night for the core set - imagine throwing all these rarities at him! Once the news came out about Malcolm I instantly felt terrible for having bitched about the Black Ice set lists.

So did I, I was just like "...Well, that explains a lot". That said...

Not to make light of Mal's condition, but wouldn't that have been a great way to mix up the set big time? He can't remember any of the songs, so it's not like the hots would necessarily be easier. They could've just been like "What are you talking about mate, we've played Night Prowler and Let's Get It Up at every gig for the last 30 years!"

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

That, the static Black Ice set, is probably because of the situation with Malcolm.

Still during that time we had plenty of the newest tracks RnR Train, War Machine, Black Ice, Big Jack, Anything Goes. Those were priviliged against rehearsed songs like Sin City, Bad Boy Boogie, Stiff Upper Lip and Hard As a Rock. In terms of classics we had The Jack, Dog Eat Dog, and first High Voltage since the 90'. Casual ac/dc tour imo.

Rock Or Bust ain't that great in terms of rock stadium. Only one song stand out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

So did I, I was just like "...Well, that explains a lot". That said...

Not to make light of Mal's condition, but wouldn't that have been a great way to mix up the set big time? He can't remember any of the songs, so it's not like the hots would necessarily be easier. They could've just been like "What are you talking about mate, we've played Night Prowler and Let's Get It Up at every gig for the last 30 years!"

Angus is a ruthless businessman but surely not that ruthless... right?

"Okay Mal - this song here is Playing With Girls, followed by Two's Up. The audience really expects these at every gig."

:lol:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Angus is a ruthless businessman but surely not that ruthless... right?

"Okay Mal - this song here is Playing With Girls, followed by Two's Up. The audience really expects these at every gig."

"Yiss, yiss, people really want to hear songs from Flick live. Don't you remember we tried Back In Black and Shook Me back in 1980 but they just didn't work for the crowds?  Alright, let's keep the setlist basic this tour:

1. Rock N Roll Train

2. This House Is On Fire

3. Gone Shootin'

4. Skies On Fire

5. Moneytalks

6. Big Balls

7. Black Ice

8. Crabsody In Blue

9. First Blood (strip song)

10. Badlands

11. War Machine

12. Anything Goes

13. Walk All Over You

14. Shake A Leg

15. Gimme A Bullet

16. Let There Be Rock

---

17. Guns For Hire

18. Night Prowler

You remember all those, yiss? Oh, no? Well, let's get down to it then!"

• Like 2

On 20.5.2016 at 2:56 AM, Powerage5 said:

"Yiss, yiss, people really want to hear songs from Flick live. Don't you remember we tried Back In Black and Shook Me back in 1980 but they just didn't work for the crowds?  Alright, let's keep the setlist basic this tour:

1. Rock N Roll Train

2. This House Is On Fire

3. Gone Shootin'

4. Skies On Fire

5. Moneytalks

6. Big Balls

7. Black Ice

8. Crabsody In Blue

9. First Blood (strip song)

10. Badlands

11. War Machine

12. Anything Goes

13. Walk All Over You

14. Shake A Leg

15. Gimme A Bullet

16. Let There Be Rock

---

17. Guns For Hire

18. Night Prowler

You remember all those, yiss? Oh, no? Well, let's get down to it then!"

No Hell Or High Water? :blink:

• Like 1

On 19.5.2016 at 8:23 AM, IncitingChaos said:

Everything must have changed when they heard Axl hit those very first notes at his try out...I would have loved to see that moment and their faces. Nobody could have anticipated that voice would be back with such fire. 

They literally were moments away from canceling their tour with no direction to move forward on when out of the sky the lead singer for Guns N Roses wants to help...it would feel like destiny that all these things came together for them, I'm not sure if Angus has given it much thought but I can't imagine he lets this gift from the God's or for ACDC's sake from Hell go to waste, they have to be planning a live release of some sort and if they can pull an album together I have no doubt that Axl will be the guy to lay his vocals to it. 

They know this is a huge opportunity, and at their age to have a legitimate shot at making something really really good again has to feel incredible. I honestly believe Axl played a role in how the Brian situation was handled. It's like they lost their girlfriend and found an even hotter girl to replace her..it's easy to forget about what you had when you have a new shiney object in front of you. 

Its just crazy to think how much life Axl has brought into ACDC's camp, where would you go if you didn't have him? 

Great observations.

I would love ACDC to record anything with Axl.  Whether it's a single, an EP or a Full Album.  Can you imagine Axl bringing the vocal effort that he's put forth on the Rock or Bust Tour into the studio?  Surely will be better than anything Guns puts out.  Axl had a decade or so to work on Chinese Democracy and compare those vocal takes with the Sebastian Bach Angel Down Songs.  There is no comparison when it comes to rasp.  Please somebody get Axl into the studio while he's still on fire.

BTW anyone know the ACDC tour stops they have to make up in the U.S.?

2 hours ago, War2k14 said:

I would love ACDC to record anything with Axl.  Whether it's a single, an EP or a Full Album.  Can you imagine Axl bringing the vocal effort that he's put forth on the Rock or Bust Tour into the studio?  Surely will be better than anything Guns puts out.  Axl had a decade or so to work on Chinese Democracy and compare those vocal takes with the Sebastian Bach Angel Down Songs.  There is no comparison when it comes to rasp.  Please somebody get Axl into the studio while he's still on fire.

BTW anyone know the ACDC tour stops they have to make up in the U.S.?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_or_Bust_World_Tour

Under the "to be rescheduled" heading.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 10:58 PM, ludurigan said:

nice words, here is hoping for a full studio album with w axl rose on vocals!

:headbang:

That would be AWESOME, but I somehow doubt it, at the same time, Axl seems more willing to lay down vocals and walk away on other people projects and isn't as protective as he is on GnR releases.

BUT, I think they will do an album with a permanent replacement, Whit Crane is my vote,  I've posted him doing Bon Scott, and he was in  an AC/DC cover band before Ugly Kid Joe made a brief comeback.  I'd think he would be an awesome fit. 

Really depends if Guns do another record or just tour. Whenever it ends Axl will probably join DC. And Slash will continue with Contrictors. 

I don't why this is, other than the way GNR make records is just so OTT it's hard to keep topping the last one. But Angus keeps DC ticking over in the same way Slash does his solo. It's just harder to find common ground maybe.