Alice In Chains, Lenny Kravitz to open select dates on Summer Tour

58 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Ugh, AIC for Detroit. I hate them with a passion.

Same thing I thought. I don't hate them, but they were OK at best in Vegas. Now I'm stuck with them at both shows I'm seeing. 

• Like 1

So, who is opening in Seattle and LA?

I've seen AIC and Kravitz before, so all good.  But, who is opening on the remaining dates?  Axl/DC?

Folks at the Kravitz shows can look forward to Always on the Run with Slash, and The Majority with Duff

10 minutes ago, OTHAFA said:

Damn, wonder what they have in store for Los Angeles. I would LOVE to see Lenny Kravitz at the Dodgers Stadium show. I'm guessing they have something special planned for LA.

I'd also absolutely love to see Lenny Kravitz in LA, I've never seen him live before, that'd be an awesome Lineup! But, like you said, probably there's something special... and I sure hope it's not A7X :D

The German Version of Rolling Stone reports that both AIC AND Lenny will open the Chicago (3.7.), Boston (20.7.), New York City (24.7.) and Los Angeles (18. & 19.8.) shows... Probably someone only got "lost in translation" though... :D

EDIT: oops, forgot to post the link: https://www.rollingstone.de/guns-n-roses-dies-sind-die-grossen-kuenstler-die-die-support-acts-geben-1030315/

Edited by rocco

They (GnR official tweet) worded it kinda strange... 

"Alice in Chains. Lenny Kravitz. Special Guests on select dates"...

So what the actual fuck does that mean?

Are they themselves the special guests? (The video calls them both special guests). Or on select dates, are there even more double secret special guests in addition to these special guests??? 

GnR social media- always somehow creating more questions with every update...

Edited by Fitha_whiskey

2 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

I wonder who will be opening for the Toronto show...

Just a guess but I'm thinking Sebastian Bach because he's Canadian and it's already sold out, so no need to get anyone bigger.  Maybe an appearance from Trailer Park Boys.

25 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

They (GnR official tweet) worded it kinda strange... 

"Alice in Chains. Lenny Kravitz. Special Guests on select dates"...

So what the actual fuck does that mean?

Are they themselves the special guests? (The video calls them both special guests). Or on select dates, are there even more double secret special guests in addition to these special guests??? 

GnR social media- always somehow creating more questions with every update...

I think all it meant was that Lenny/Alice will open "select dates" as opposed to the full tour. Nothing really wrong with how it's worded I don't think. It alleviates the confusion that Lenny and/or Alice will be at all the dates. That's an improvement from how mysterious they usually are. :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I think all it meant was that Lenny/Alice will open "select dates" as opposed to the full tour. Nothing really wrong with how it's worded I don't think. It alleviates the confusion that Lenny and/or Alice will be at all the dates. That's an improvement from how mysterious they usually are. :lol:

I agree that's probably all they're trying to say. But to me, saying "AIC & LK will be special guests on select dates" would be even less mysterious... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rocco said:

The German Version of Rolling Stone reports that both AIC AND Lenny will open the Chicago (3.7.), Boston (20.7.), New York City (24.7.) and Los Angeles (18. & 19.8.) shows

Dammit! I thought you were going to say something about a European tour. Hopes raised and dashed all in one second. :lol:

1 hour ago, rocco said:

The German Version of Rolling Stone reports that both AIC AND Lenny will open the Chicago (3.7.), Boston (20.7.), New York City (24.7.) and Los Angeles (18. & 19.8.) shows... Probably someone only got "lost in translation" though... :D

EDIT: oops, forgot to post the link: https://www.rollingstone.de/guns-n-roses-dies-sind-die-grossen-kuenstler-die-die-support-acts-geben-1030315/

I wouldn't mind seeing AIC again but I don't think that's the case. Very happy with Lenny though 

Oh AIC has dates that conflict so definitely just a misprint 

Edited by KiernanProud
  • Like 1