Alice In Chains, Lenny Kravitz to open select dates on Summer Tour

6 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

I wouldn't mind seeing AIC again but I don't think that's the case. Very happy with Lenny though 

Oh AIC has dates that conflict so definitely just a misprint 

Okay, it seemed kinda fishy anyway, and the publisher of the German version of Rolling Stone is infamous for its "quality journalism", so... :D

2 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

They (GnR official tweet) worded it kinda strange... 

"Alice in Chains. Lenny Kravitz. Special Guests on select dates"...

So what the actual fuck does that mean?

Are they themselves the special guests? (The video calls them both special guests). Or on select dates, are there even more double secret special guests in addition to these special guests??? 

GnR social media- always somehow creating more questions with every update...

My initial understanding was that there would  be AIC plus a very special guest! So, I started thinking : " oh my God, Steven? Izzy? Both of them?" There was no doubt in my mind that is was pretty clear there would be another guest apart from the opening act. But then I saw the posts here and rewatched the video and I think I was wrong. The special guests are supposed to be AIC and Lenny Kravitz. Or at least that's what they want us to think! :P;)

4 minutes ago, oaka said:

My initial understanding was that there would  be AIC plus a very special guest! So, I started thinking : " oh my God, Steven? Izzy? Both of them?" There was no doubt in my mind that is was pretty clear there would be another guest apart from the opening act. But then I saw the posts here and rewatched the video and I think I was wrong. The special guests are supposed to be AIC and Lenny Kravitz. Or at least that's what they want us to think! :P;)

Yep, it's how I read it at first, and thought the same thing. I have visions that somebody at GNR SoMe camp sit at their desk thinking up ways to be ambiguous as possible. EVIL is what they are !!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hellobeatle said:

Just a guess but I'm thinking Sebastian Bach because he's Canadian and it's already sold out, so no need to get anyone bigger.  Maybe an appearance from Trailer Park Boys.

I don't think that'd be good enough. A reunited Skid Row would be awesome, though.

1 hour ago, scooby845 said:

then we got ourselves UYI all over again and Paris 1992... woah!!!

Maybe they can get it right this time and play Locomotive with Jeff Beck! :headbang:

• Like 1

They should call Michael Monroe for opening act and make him guest on Bad Obsession. 

Alice in Chains and Lenny Kravitz seems so out of place... At least it isnt some bulshit band like Avenged Sefoderem or Askenga do Alexandre. 
There are plenty rock n roll bands out there that fit as opening act, Dead Daisies, Blackberry Smoke, even Bach or Tom Keifer... they should keep it to Rock N Fucking Roll. 

Edited by default_
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, default_ said:

They should call Michael Monroe for opening act and make him guest on Bad Obsession. 

Alice in Chains and Lenny Kravitz seems so out of place... At least it isnt some bulshit band like Avenged Sefoderem or Askenga do Alexandre. 
There are plenty rock n roll bands out there that fit as opening act, Dead Daisies, Blackberry Smoke, even Bach or Tom Keifer... they should keep it to Rock N Fucking Roll. 

Michael Monroe and/or Tom Keifer would be awesome. They should have them both and Ace Frehley and do a big Rock N' Roll Party!

Well, I can dream, right? :lol:

16 hours ago, hellobeatle said:

Just a guess but I'm thinking Sebastian Bach because he's Canadian and it's already sold out, so no need to get anyone bigger.  Maybe an appearance from Trailer Park Boys.

Man, I never thought of that. Now I wish I had Toronto tickets... I would L-O-V-E to see Axl, Bubbles and Bach belting out Liquor and Whores!!

16 hours ago, Archtop said:

Yep, it's how I read it at first, and thought the same thing. I have visions that somebody at GNR SoMe camp sit at their desk thinking up ways to be ambiguous as possible. EVIL is what they are !!!

oo I didn't think of it this way but now I'm intrigued!

First time poster but I thought this was as good a time as any to get in on the action...

If Pollstar is to be believed, Lenny Kravitz will be the opener for many more than those announced select dates. I'm just using the Pittsburgh example because it's the one I'm going to, but the one before it in Nashville also has him tabbed as the opener, as do some of the subsequent shows leading up to Foxboro. For whatever it's worth.

image.png

1 hour ago, Guns n Halen said:

First time poster but I thought this was as good a time as any to get in on the action...

If Pollstar is to be believed, Lenny Kravitz will be the opener for many more than those announced select dates. I'm just using the Pittsburgh example because it's the one I'm going to, but the one before it in Nashville also has him tabbed as the opener, as do some of the subsequent shows leading up to Foxboro. For whatever it's worth.

image.png

Do the earlier shows list AIC?

15 hours ago, default_ said:

Michael Monroe would be great but unfortunately his name won't move a lot of tickets. Some of these second shows really need the help.