Rage Against the Machine to reunite this summer?

classicrawker

Now this is one show I would love to see! I saw them back in the 80's right after their first album was released before they blew up and it was a phenomenal show.....Any other fans here?

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/rage-machine-preparing-comeback-article-1.2641397

The energy these guys generate is manic!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 1

This countdown site really makes me think it'll be Public Enemy and Rage touring together, which would be boss as a morherfucker. I would enjoy the hell out of that show. 

Morello is the best. I sat behind him at a Blackhawks playoff game last year, and he was super cool.

Holy shit would a Rage reunion be awesome, I know the article says it's not, but Rage/Public Enemy collaboration would be interesting anyway.

3 hours ago, classicrawker said:

I saw them back in the 80's right after their first album was released

You've had a time machine since the 80's? You hoarding bastard! :lol:

Edited by Gordon Comstock

Would love to see Rage. Been waiting on them to get back together. And Public Enemy would make it top notch.

I'm not getting too excited until it's all announced though. If you believe any of this, it doesn't sound like a full fledged reunion like we want. Guess we'll see.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/prophets-of-rage-is-not-a-rage-against-the-machine-reunion-20160518

So Blabbermouth is citing a source that says this a new Super Group with Tom, Brad, and Tim with Chuck-D of public enemy and B-Real of Cypress Hill... Eh... idk how i feel about it now. I don't understand why Zack hasn't been into it since 2000. I mean yeah i know they have played shows since then and when they do he looks happy as hell! 

Anyway, they are citing the first show being June 3rd at the Hollywood Palladium, and the website is to announce the band and a special show that night or the next at the Whiskey, kind of like what GNR did. They are also contemplating a tour of the U.S. in summer. Probably all of the major cities, so like 6-8 shows spread out over a couple of weeks..  I kind of believe this since reading that Rolling Stone article. 

(http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/fans-expecting-imminent-rage-against-the-machine-reunion-will-be-disappointed/)

i guess we will find out in 1 week, 5 days, 5 hours, 10 minutes, 23 seconds

2 hours ago, classicrawker said:

sorry sarcasm does not translate well in writing......

Although after I wrote it I thought it was ambiguous because Rage played out front of the White House when Bush took office. So I was thinking also Rage might do the reunion show when Trump goes in. So they could play at Trump's celebration in protest. When he wins he will play Killing in the Name of. If Jeb Bush joins his ticket Iran better run or start digging. Drones out, Nukes up. I'm weird I want Trump to get in and kick ass. But at the same time think Israel secret service set up 9/11 and the American Empire is evil. I've got what you call a Conflict of Interest. 

50 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Yep, not a real Rage reunion. Prophets of Rage. Supergroup. Morello and the rest of the Rage band, without Zack. With Chuck D and B-Real.

Ok so at first I was totally deflated that this was not a rage reunion, but you know what? This could actually be a kick-ass band.

19 minutes ago, wasted said:

Although after I wrote it I thought it was ambiguous because Rage played out front of the White House when Bush took office. So I was thinking also Rage might do the reunion show when Trump goes in. So they could play at Trump's celebration in protest. When he wins he will play Killing in the Name of. If Jeb Bush joins his ticket Iran better run or start digging. Drones out, Nukes up. I'm weird I want Trump to get in and kick ass. But at the same time think Israel secret service set up 9/11 and the American Empire is evil. I've got what you call a Conflict of Interest. 

You're not weird, you just don't blindly follow one side's rhetoric and propaganda..

20 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Ok so at first I was totally deflated that this was not a rage reunion, but you know what? This could actually be a kick-ass band.

I felt the same way. And it could be a cool little thing. I love some Chuck and B Real. Still disappointed though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, action said:

the moment the world needed them the most, they broke up...

they could fill a career singing about the state of the world since their breakup in 2000 

Shame really. Not just Rage either but rock in general. There's a ton of stuff in the world and this country to be pissed off about, or at least have something to speak on.

Always thought they were a load of bollocks myself.

Tom Morello is a cool guitarist no doubt, but I think they are everything that people accuse ACDC of being.

edit: but ACDC don't take themselves so seriously

Edited by DR DOOM