Revisiting the greatest unsolved mystery of the GNR message boards...

estrangedtwat

I posted this several years ago but it got locked and archived.   I've always loved this mystery.   So tantalizing, but impossible to solve or prove.

Now that things are in a very different place in the GNR world, I thought it might be fun to think about it again....

On January 13, 2007 a poster named "Demolition" posted the following on htgth:

To all the haters : I'm sorry for you not sorry for me. You don't know who you can trust now or who to believe.
Remember these words when the album comes out.
I'm out of here

And he was never heard from again.

I have always been fascinated with this. After a decade's worth of bullshit rumors and supposed lyrics, who ever would have thought there was a guy out there that was NOT just making shit up.

He either had possession of or at least had heard "Sorry" almost a FULL TWO YEARS before the rest of us. That's just incredible.

He was very possibly the first and only REAL DEAL insider of the dreaded "blackout years" from 2002-2008....and we called him a liar and shit on him and he left....without a trace.

Who was this guy? What else did he have? Will we ever know the truth?

(and the actual link, if such things are allowed, and it hasn't been swallowed up by the ravages of time: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=42170.msg851905#msg851905)

Edited by estrangedtwat

it was probably Fernando or some random fan that knew/talked to somebody that worked on the album in someway and he probably aggravated them till they gave him some info....he then went to post it on a message board to later get the glory with threads like this :P

Edited by -W.A.R-

I feel this has been asked before, but my biggest question was always: what exactly got Axl on the message boards in 2008. Did he know he had to do some kind of promotion (however unconventional) for the new album and just wanted to avoid the label at all costs? Were there particular rumors he wanted to quash? Obviously, he reads boards at least semi-regularly as he got pissed off enough at Madison to blast her in 2010. 

2 hours ago, themadcaplaughs said:

I feel this has been asked before, but my biggest question was always: what exactly got Axl on the message boards in 2008. Did he know he had to do some kind of promotion (however unconventional) for the new album and just wanted to avoid the label at all costs? Were there particular rumors he wanted to quash? Obviously, he reads boards at least semi-regularly as he got pissed off enough at Madison to blast her in 2010. 

I've always found it strange how he posted here, ignoring Jarmo's place

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

For conspiracy theories, JFK and the Bermuda Triangle clearly have competition.

I got it. That was Bigfoot posting the Sorry lyrics. Then he hopped back in his UFO and took off back to the depths of the Bermuda Triangle, Elvis & Hitler were the co-pilots. Problem solved. CD2 can officially start now.

8 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

He used the handler 'Dexter' when posting on HTGTH and chinesedemocracy, too. So I don't know what you are talking about.

Then you are an idiot then. Those long massive chats appeared here.

PS

Here they all are,

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/forum/190-axl-rose-chats-amp-open-letters/

Edited by DieselDaisy

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Then you are an idiot then. Those long massive chats appeared here.

PS

Here they all are,

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/forum/190-axl-rose-chats-amp-open-letters/

I am sorry but you claimed he didn't post at HTGTH, which is factually wrong. On the same day he came here to post and chat he ALSO went to HTGTH and chatted there. The day after he went to chinesedemocracy.com and chatted there. The very next day he was back here at mygnrforum but also at chinesedemocracy.com. And in all these chats he used "Dexter" as his handle.

So you are very wrong, Diesel, something you would probably haave figured out yourself if youo had looked a bit closer at the link you just posted. Hah.

• Like 1

On 19.5.2016 at 4:53 PM, themadcaplaughs said:

It started with a thread about Fernando where some insults were thrown his way. I suppose Axl either saw this himself or was informed. Axl then joined in to defend Fernando. Whether he had already decided to visit the forums and chat with fans before that, or whether it just followed the Fernando defense, I don't know, but I believe the latter. 

So, in other words, insulting Fernando may result in the most awesome chats with Axl ever. I don't advocate it, though :D

• 4 weeks later...