Aerosmith Considering Touring Without Steven Tyler

FabioRoses

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/aerosmith-is-still-considering-touring-without-steven-tyler/

Guitarist Brad Whitford tells Metal Rules: "Absolutely, we have considered it — but whether it will happen, I don't know. I think it would be great." Asked who he thinks would be a good fit, he says, "A lot of people, everybody from Myles Kennedy [ALTER BRIDGE] to Axl [Rose, GUNS N' ROSES]. [Laughs] We had a bunch of people a while ago like Sammy Hagar. It would be a lot of fun."

Here we go again..

My thoughts on this in another forum.

I am so sick and tired of everyone that has a big name value wanting Myles to bail them out of a bad situation.  I mean it was a fine novelty back in 2012 when Myles sang at the Hall of Fame for GNR. Then it got really annoying in 2013, when he sang for Kings of Chaos (during a period where Myles was recording vocals for Alter Bridge's Fortress album).  Now, all of a sudden, the guys from Aerosmith may consider wanting Myles to fill in for vocals in the event that Steven Tyler going all country will get the way of Aerosmith.

Oh yeah, there was also some rumors (from not that great sources) that thinks that Slash/Myles/Conspirators will open in a few GNR shows (During the same time that Alter Bridge is in a tour that they desperately, and I mean desperately given their status in the states, needs).

Screw the old bands, I want AB to do more and hear that Myles solo album, dang it.  Is that so hard to ask for?

58 minutes ago, Anguyen92 said:

My thoughts on this in another forum.

I am so sick and tired of everyone that has a big name value wanting Myles to bail them out of a bad situation.  I mean it was a fine novelty back in 2012 when Myles sang at the Hall of Fame for GNR. Then it got really annoying in 2013, when he sang for Kings of Chaos (during a period where Myles was recording vocals for Alter Bridge's Fortress album).  Now, all of a sudden, the guys from Aerosmith may consider wanting Myles to fill in for vocals in the event that Steven Tyler going all country will get the way of Aerosmith.

Oh yeah, there was also some rumors (from not that great sources) that thinks that Slash/Myles/Conspirators will open in a few GNR shows (During the same time that Alter Bridge is in a tour that they desperately, and I mean desperately given their status in the states, needs).

Screw the old bands, I want AB to do more and hear that Myles solo album, dang it.  Is that so hard to ask for?

He almost sang for Page, Jones, and Bonham too. That's one collaboration I wish happened 

It's a new thing. At least ritchie blackmore did it great. Here it is about celebration and stardom those guys are very much like actors playing bad characters. It's looking like it's gonna end up on a cruise boat with a weird back feeling.

Edited by Silent Jay

Aerosmith without Steven seems odd. Like GNR without Axl. He's the voice and face of it all. Joe Perry is his Slash. Joey Kramer his Duff.

AC/DC to me is different because the focus hasn't necessarily been on the singer, more so the music. Not to take away anything from Brian and Bon because both are great. I guess it's all subjective.

I saw Aerosmith in the Tacoma Dome and Cheap Trick opened in 2012. They put on a good show. It was really short though.. like 80-90 minutes. 

This is the second time in a decade that they've considered this. Brad is doing the Whitford / St. Holmes thing again. Joe seems to scurry off to the Joe Perry Project when Aerosmith is on hiatus. Those are better options than freaking replacing Steven Tyler, and I'm the biggest Aerosmith fanboy on the planet.

• Like 1

I love Aerosmith especially the 70's music and even the 80's comeback albums but JMO but I think the band has pretty much shot it's wade when it comes to meaningful new music.............I would love to see them do something with Sammy Hagar only because he might inject some life into the music again...I could care less what they call themselves but think that collaboration would be interesting...........

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

What's the big deal with letting Steven do his own thing? Joe and Brad have their own projects and Aerosmith has practically been on a never ending tour since the 90s. Let the guy do a solo record, yeesh

Granted, I love his country material, but yeah, I don't get why Joe and Brad have been allowed to have their solo projects over the years, but Steven isn't allowed to. Say what you want about the direction that he wants to go in musically, but fair is fair. The guy should be allowed to do his thing.

1 hour ago, The Real McCoy said:

Granted, I love his country material, but yeah, I don't get why Joe and Brad have been allowed to have their solo projects over the years, but Steven isn't allowed to. Say what you want about the direction that he wants to go in musically, but fair is fair. The guy should be allowed to do his thing.

I think there's more going on behind the scenes here. Most likely the band wanted to Aersosmith stuff this year but Steven nixed it to do his solo thing. Or it could be an image thing, not wanting to be associated with country or be forced into playing Steven songs on tour.

Or, perhaps most likely of all, they can't stand him but put up with him for the Aero$mith.