I see a lot of people meeting Axl...can someone please ask about any plans regarding new music!?!?

6 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

I think when people are reaching axl they get so excited that they don't wanna ask him any of this serious shit not to piss him off and ruin the opportunity

Well, someone must sacrifice for the sake of humanity! 

We'll collect the money for the health insurance if needed....

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

I think when people are reaching axl they get so excited that they don't wanna ask him any of this serious shit not to piss him off and ruin the opportunity

I'd love to take a shot... plus it would be legendary if Axl call beta to kick my ass. 

Bad move in my opinion.  Artists generally do not like meeting fans in public.  Unfortunately many people use it as an opportunity to grill the artist with questions such as these.  I am sure there is a reason why Axl is not a fan of meet and greets.  Instead of trying to pin him down on releasing new music during the 15 seconds you meet him, turn it into a positive and say "can't wait to hear whatever new material you have in store for us".  Encourage him instead of interrogate him. 

• Like 3

In 2013, a couple people asked him about new material and he responded positively. I would imagine as long as you don't sound entitled or pissy about it he would not mind. 

On once occasion, a dude asked if we'd even hear Silkworms and Axl mentioned he really liked the song and wants it on the next album. Another time, someone got him to mention that they were working on the album and he definitely wanted it out in the next year. Granted, that was in 2013, but at least he talked about it. 

Some girl on Vienna thread told there is no time for any speaking more than "hi" and "thank you" so much people want pics and shit. And Axl will probably say fuck off or what said ryanf23 that he is focused on tour now. Best guy to ask about it is Duff he probably won't say because Axl told him to not speak anything but at least he will be nice with you. :D

Axl wouldn't get mad, I think it's important to remind him that people are still interested in you as an artist, and not just a performer. It's a compliment when someone says "hey Axl are you going to be working on new material this year!?" The only problem with Axl is he answered questions on CD for years and the thing never came out. So he is not a guy to give you a direct answer anymore, he's going to be very vague in order to not be wrong. So expect him to say "we are looking into what or how to move forward on an album at the moment" or "yea but I'm not sure you'll see it this year, but soon hopefully" 

or the most likely scenario is he'll turn it into a joke...so you'll get "new material? Yea none of my one liners got a reaction at the show" *jumps in car and drives off. 

Edited by IncitingChaos

I don't see anything wrong with asking. 

It's all in how you ask. I would just ask is new GNR music being worked on or in the plans. 

We also must remember these guys have played a few shows together. They may want time to vibe and go from there who knows.