I see a lot of people meeting Axl...can someone please ask about any plans regarding new music!?!?

I think it's worth a shot. He's been talking about new music since the End of Days interview with Kurt Loder. He doesn't say much about it to the media, because it's never came true. If someone just randomly asks him in 2016 off guard, he might give you an answer. He wants to know that people are interested, the point of music is to keep making it. At least one new song in the set list isn't too much to ask is it?

On May 20, 2016 at 8:18 AM, Randy Jesus said:

It isn't about new music for us. It is about is he creatively inspired for himself.

Naw. I'm a fan of the band. I hate that my favorite band has released just one album in the last 25 years. 

Axl could have been creatively inspired for the last 25 years. But if he doesn't share the music with his fans then who gives a f*ck? 

There are something like 8 billion people in the world. I hope they all are happy in life. But Axl and I aren't friends or family, so his personal happiness doesn't mean any more to me than some random dude in Rhode Island or Mexico or Brazil.  

His career is as a rock singer. We pay money for his music, merch or concert tickets. That's our relationship. He puts out a product and I buy it. Axl doesn't give a f*ck about me and you in real life. 

I care more about the music he shares with fans than I do about his personal inspirational/creative satisfaction when he is just sitting at home by himself. 

13 hours ago, Apollo said:

Naw. I'm a fan of the band. I hate that my favorite band has released just one album in the last 25 years. 

Axl could have been creatively inspired for the last 25 years. But if he doesn't share the music with his fans then who gives a f*ck? 

There are something like 8 billion people in the world. I hope they all are happy in life. But Axl and I aren't friends or family, so his personal happiness doesn't mean any more to me than some random dude in Rhode Island or Mexico or Brazil.  

His career is as a rock singer. We pay money for his music, merch or concert tickets. That's our relationship. He puts out a product and I buy it. Axl doesn't give a f*ck about me and you in real life. 

I care more about the music he shares with fans than I do about his personal inspirational/creative satisfaction when he is just sitting at home by himself. 

So what's your point? I mean we all want new music... but if the guy doesn't want to do it, or isn't inspired to do it, do you really want to hear the resulting recordings? I'd prefer to wait for a record he actually likes and wants to release. 

The way I look at it is: yes, it would be sweet to get some new material because one record in 25 years is crazy. Yes, we have helped make him a very rich man. But, we've got what we paid for, we spent money on CDs, concert tickets: we got both. Just because we decide to follow a band religiously, does not mean that the artist has to react accordingly. It would be great if it did, but obviously millions of die hard GnR fans is not enough of a inspiration for him to get into a studio and make a record... not saying that's not shit! but it seems to be the reality. 

I hate when people use Axl's own lines "I don't owe you anything" as their own, but it's true: he's done his part.

Again, I want to get new music, and it pisses me off that there's material recorded, and talked about openly but it's not released... for no apparent reason. It also pisses me off that Slash will likely release a new SMKC record before the next GnR record: so I'm not defending GnR... i'm just saying our expectations are a little out there considering the band we're following. If something new comes out GREAT! I'll be ecstatic!!! but i'm done holding my breath at this stage. 

• Like 2

On 21/05/2016 at 7:55 PM, Bumblefeet said:

Meanwhile at Axl's house:

I don't speak Spanish, so I can't tell if she knows Axl is on tour in Europe :lol:

You could easily scale that wall and break into 'the vault', liberating Chinese Democracy II (and Paul Tobias) from captivity and releasing it to the world.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Apollo said:

He doesn't owe us anything and could walk away at anytime (I hope not)...  It is about him being inspired and the rest may or may not fall into place.

• Like 1

On 21/5/2016 at 3:55 PM, Bumblefeet said:

Meanwhile at Axl's house:

I don't speak Spanish, so I can't tell if she knows Axl is on tour in Europe :lol:

This was before Coachella... but that chick is really annoying. Took like 100 pics of herself in front of Axl's gate and house number :lol:

As for the question, I think he should be either approached by a VERY FUNNY DUDE or A SMOKING HOT GIRL. Everyone else will make him upset or get thrown out by his bodyguard.

11 hours ago, Randy Jesus said:

He doesn't owe us anything and could walk away at anytime (I hope not)...  It is about him being inspired and the rest may or may not fall into place.

NICE!!!  someone pulls out the old "Axl doesn't owe us" line.  Fans wanting new music from their favorite band is not a bad thing.  If it wasn't for us, The band wouldn't make a dime

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 4:44 AM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

We could try asking Slash or Duff too, what are those two up to? Surely they're not sat on their backsides waiting for Lord Axl to return. 

that might work! so next time anyone runs into Slash or Duff ask them that :D

21 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

So what's your point? I mean we all want new music... but if the guy doesn't want to do it, or isn't inspired to do it, do you really want to hear the resulting recordings? I'd prefer to wait for a record he actually likes and wants to release. 

The way I look at it is: yes, it would be sweet to get some new material because one record in 25 years is crazy. Yes, we have helped make him a very rich man. But, we've got what we paid for, we spent money on CDs, concert tickets: we got both. Just because we decide to follow a band religiously, does not mean that the artist has to react accordingly. It would be great if it did, but obviously millions of die hard GnR fans is not enough of a inspiration for him to get into a studio and make a record... not saying that's not shit! but it seems to be the reality. 

I hate when people use Axl's own lines "I don't owe you anything" as their own, but it's true: he's done his part.

Again, I want to get new music, and it pisses me off that there's material recorded, and talked about openly but it's not released... for no apparent reason. It also pisses me off that Slash will likely release a new SMKC record before the next GnR record: so I'm not defending GnR... i'm just saying our expectations are a little out there considering the band we're following. If something new comes out GREAT! I'll be ecstatic!!! but i'm done holding my breath at this stage. 

Axl is an artist. In this case based on what we have seen is clear statements based off life lived. So it doesn't come easily. It's not just tracks or material released. It's, just my impression, actuslly like capturing an era or vibe or something. 

Maybe that doesn't sit well in the context of GNR's perceived history or orher artists or even the times. 

That's maybe just how I console myself that there aren't 7 mediocre albums I don't care about. Rock is a pretty played out game. 

I think this new line up has something though. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, fabrph5 said:

NICE!!!  someone pulls out the old "Axl doesn't owe us" line.  Fans wanting new music from their favorite band is not a bad thing.  If it wasn't for us, The band wouldn't make a dime

It isn't a line, it is the truth. Wake up, Axl is a human and not an object that we use to amuse our selves...

albums don't make money anymore, and the ticket prices indicate that touring may be the way they go. an EP would be cool and feasible though, or perhaps that CD Remix with slash and duff. or CD 2 if everything was already set and the parts were ready to track when slash and duff came back, at least we know Caram is still employed by Axl. (the reason i say these could work and not a new album full of new material is the cost and length)

4 minutes ago, Cory Trevor said:

albums don't make money anymore, and the ticket prices indicate that touring may be the way they go. an EP would be cool and feasible though, or perhaps that CD Remix with slash and duff. or CD 2 if everything was already set and the parts were ready to track when slash and duff came back, at least we know Caram is still employed by Axl. (the reason i say these could work and not a new album full of new material is the cost and length)

I'm not saying there is not some truth in this but I cannot but condone it. I've always solely liked musicians who release new music. 

The thing with Axl and new music is that he should be aware of the fact that he hasn't much time left for his GNR career. CD flopped also because he waited too long to release it.

Really he shouldn't be afraid of a new GNR album now that he has Slash,Duff and hopefully Izzy on his side.

9 hours ago, Randy Jesus said:

It isn't a line, it is the truth. Wake up, Axl is a human and not an object that we use to amuse our selves...

well actually he is entertainment.  He is in the entertainment business that he CHOSE to do.  I don't want him to "amuse" me.  I am entertained by his music and I want to hear more

So now that the question about a new album with Duff and Slash has been asked and not answered. We need to move on to the next question to ask. Maybe about music in general regardless who it is with or how old it is?

If you ever meet Axl and are at a loss for what to say, I propose the following: 

Just so you know, releasing soundboards of the Guns shows would make a few fans really, really happy. And on the topic of making fans happy we would really, really like UYI footage! It is the 25th anniversary of the UYI tour, so you know,  you have a perfect excuse to give it to us. It'd be really cool!

• Like 1