06/15/16 - Düsseldorf, Germany - Esprit Arena

xBrownstonex

15 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I can't believe the way Axl sings If You Want Blood. Ive been listening to some old GNR live from 80s and 90s, and for me there's nowhere, even then, where he sings better than If You Want Blood. 

If You Want Blood was Axl's best of the whole AC/DC set imho. I'd dare say that his performance beats Bon Scott's; Axl adds more meanness in it.

It's strange that while AC/DC fans think Axl does better on Bon's songs, most GnR fans here say that he is better on Brian's songs.

I agree with AC/DC fans, except for TNT which is a bit weaker; I don't know, maybe it's because the Brian Johnson era (BiB included) is not my cup of tea.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

If You Want Blood was Axl's best of the whole AC/DC set imho. I'd dare to say that his performance beats Bon Scott's; Axl adds more meanness in it.

It's strange that while AC/DC fans think Axl does better on Bon's songs, most GnR fans here say that he is better on Brian's songs.

I agree with AC/DC fans, except for TNT which is a bit weaker; I don't know, maybe it's because the Brian Johnson era (BiB included) is not my cup of tea.

High Voltage  :)  ... and after that ....Hell Aint A Bad Place To Be ... but then again... whos wrong ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

If You Want Blood was Axl's best of the whole AC/DC set imho. I'd dare to say that his performance on this beats Bon Scott's; Axl adds more meanness in it.

I also think he does much better with the Bon songs, he sings rather than rasp/screams them and in a voice that I've not really heard before too. I just don't think I've heard Axl sing better live, from any era of GNR, than when he does If You Want Blood. Maybe the second part of Sin City too..

I would have loved them to add more Bon songs, I suppose that would be unpopular with ACDC fans though. Problem child should seriously be considered I think :) 

I'm not keen on BIB either, I bought it years ago and virtually never listened to it after the initial first few spins. Power Age and High Way To Hell is a different matter. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I also think he does much better with the Bon songs, he sings rather than rasp/screams them and in a voice that I've not really heard before too. I just don't think I've heard Axl sing better live, from any era of GNR, than when he does If You Want Blood. Maybe the second part of Sin City too..

I would have loved them to add more Bon songs, I suppose that would be unpopular with ACDC fans though. Problem child should seriously be considered I think :) 

I'm not keen on BIB either, I bought it years ago and virtually never listened to it after the initial first few spins. Power Age and High Way To Hell is a different matter. 

but then...im a bit of a blues dude...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DexAxl said:

I'm hoping that this AXL/DC thing don't affect GNR and it already happened because of this shit we in Europe won't get GNR until 2017. So I hope Axl will get bored of this shit and do right thing.

I hope Axl be a permanent member for them. And not "the guy pulling the shows for help". He deserves it. He owned it..!

Has given a new life to this band. Angus enjoys more than ever playing old songs again. We witnessed history and these glorious moments must end with a new album and a live one.

History was written and we were so fuckin' lucky to see it. August seems so far..

1 hour ago, Angeles_ said:

Haha, that's great! Axl moves like nobody else and seems so happy. :wub: I want to see this with GNR, hope he'll be staying on stage during solos and dancing like never before. :headbang:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, night prowler said:

YEEEESSSS!!!!!!  THATS WHAT I LIKE.... and when angus comes strutting by  :lol::headbang:

Anyone else noticed that Axl hasn't gone backstage as often as he has in the past? Disregard the broken foot but he would always run backstage like 50 times during the show. Maybe he's finally turned a new leaf. Seeing him rock out is awesome! 

16 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

I agree, most of music day's suck. I do like some of the newer bands; Kings of Leon , Buckcherry and Queens of the Stone to name a few. I am a Rock Chick but I like most types of music but rock is my true love :) 

:facepalm: I meant Queens of the Stone Age, I should never post when i'm on my pain meds *blushing*