06/15/16 - Düsseldorf, Germany - Esprit Arena

xBrownstonex

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 11:14 AM, IncitingChaos said:

Haha good God Axl is taking in the cash now...this might be the most profitable year for a rockstar that's still alive ever! With the amount of money made on tour now days and Axl doing two huge acts...he truly is the man this year! 

So now he only gets 8 days off between ACDC and GNR...he must be on some adrenaline rush.

this is what i'm calling the official "Year of Axl" :D

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Archer said:

Axl and Cliff just gawking at Angus :lol:

It's kind of amazing that Angus's knees are still intact. His joints must be made of Titanium.

Awww I love that picture :) I have just been reading about all the legal problems Foo Fighters are just getting into sorting now, over the shows they were forced to cancel in 2015 because Dave broke his leg. There's just so much underhand bullshit that has cost them a lot of money, basically their insurers have screwed them over. I reckon that is why Dave has new respect for Axl. Both Axl and now Dave will know exactly the cost of cancelling tours, millions!! After reading about that I have even more admiration for Axl, putting himself on the line like that, ACDC would have no doubt been in the shit without him! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, xBrownstonex said:

The tour production manager Dale Skjerseth was quoted in an article saying they added some more songs for the final show and that there might be surprises

Hoping against hope for Kicked in the Teeth or Problem Child. 

3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Awww I love that picture :) I have just been reading about all the legal problems Foo Fighters are just getting into sorting now, over the shows they were forced to cancel in 2015 because Dave broke his leg. There's just so much underhand bullshit that has cost them a lot of money, basically their insurers have screwed them over. I reckon that is why Dave has new respect for Axl. Both Axl and now Dave will know exactly the cost of cancelling tours, millions!! After reading about that I have even more admiration for Axl, putting himself on the line like that, ACDC would have no doubt been in the shit without him! 

I love it too!  I think this is good Karma for everyone involved.  It started out with so much negativity now look at those smiles!  I think as fans we forget the business side of things.  This would have been an absolute disaster to cancel a tour of this magnitude.  So many would have been unemployed etc and AC/DC would have faced millions of dollars in legal issues from the fall out.  Instead the fans got to see something special, AC/DC fulfills the obligations of the tour and Axl?  proving that he is a legend that people forgot. My god that VOICE..   I bought tickets for their final ACDC Rock or Bust show in the US so I hope they pull out something special for that show as well!  I have so much respect for them that they were able to pull this off under the worst circumstances.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

The cancelled shows were not about his leg, they were cancelled due to the aftermath of the Paris terrorist attack.

38 minutes ago, tajandreas said:

The guy being interviewed hinted that there might be new songs/surprises added tonight since it's the last European show. Can't wait.

"He is doing it with honour". Loved that line! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Axl has been eating Steak in the city

http://www.rp-online.de/nrw/staedte/duesseldorf/stadtgespraech/ac-dc-und-axl-rose-unterwegs-in-der-city-aid-1.6048780

so surreal to know that he is walking around in my hometown.

What does it say? I would be mortified if someone took pictures of me eating! 

5 hours ago, tajandreas said:

The guy being interviewed hinted that there might be new songs/surprises added tonight since it's the last European show. Can't wait.

Awesome interview - so this guy Dale is the same guy that Axl referred to as Odie/Obie/Opie whatever and who introduced Axl to the band, or suggested his name. Hats off to the guy. That line about singing it with honor was awesome.

Edited by The Archer

I still can't believe this is the last European show, it was amazing to watch. Two months ago i was excited about it but, even though I never doubted Axl, I didn't imagine that it would be THAT great. So happy I could see them live. I'll miss watching the shows live once they're outside Europe, but it's time to move on.

Goodbye Axl/DC European edition and welcome GNR. :headbang:This year has been incredible.

So Let there be rock.

• Like 1