What Mr. and Mrs. Young had to say about Axl...

2 hours ago, MarlaHooch said:

Actually, from a psychoanalytical definition, narcissism is "self-centeredness arising from failure to distinguish the self from external objects."

The external objects here would be AC/DC and Axl Rose. Their band. Their business. You and I are each but one of millions and millions of their fans. 

For broader context, your theory of fan backlash as though it's anything but a vocal extreme minority. Okay, a few people aren't happy. And? It seems to me these shows are going on just fine with no dip in attendance. The refunds were re-sold. The reviews are glowing. The crowds are happy. Them "completely disregarding" their fans would be if they went to play a show in a soccer stadium and 100 people showed up. That would be the fans collectively saying "Don't do this" and them not listening. But unfortunately for you (I guess), that isn't happening. They're disregarding you and people like you - the extreme minority. The extreme minority opinion is by definition insignificant.

Along with the definition of narcissism I'd suggest you look up the definition of "entitlement" as well. In the meantime if you don't like the idea of them touring beyond this, don't go. If you don't like the idea of them doing an album and they make one "completely disregarding" your take on the matter, then don't buy it. 

Pretty simple stuff, really.

Great post. As mygnrforum does, the main AC/DC forums too has shades of opinion whose strength on the internet is magnified beyond that of popular (and majority) opinion. Axl is delivering with AC/DC and there are stadiums full of people coming to the shows and loving it.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Oh god, no :scared::facepalm:

Don't these people have actual news to write about? Urgh.

I feel ya! :wacko:

Aparently they don't, not that they bothered to write anything - copy+paste is the new journalism these days.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sekh-met said:

not that they bothered to write anything - copy+paste is the new journalism these days.

Yeah, loved that part as well :facepalm:

Thanks for making me aware of this. I just hope no one else follows their example.

10 hours ago, MarlaHooch said:

Actually, from a psychoanalytical definition, narcissism is "self-centeredness arising from failure to distinguish the self from external objects."

The external objects here would be AC/DC and Axl Rose. Their band. Their business. You and I are each but one of millions and millions of their fans. 

For broader context, your theory of fan backlash as though it's anything but a vocal extreme minority. Okay, a few people aren't happy. And? It seems to me these shows are going on just fine with no dip in attendance. The refunds were re-sold. The reviews are glowing. The crowds are happy. Them "completely disregarding" their fans would be if they went to play a show in a soccer stadium and 100 people showed up. That would be the fans collectively saying "Don't do this" and them not listening. But unfortunately for you (I guess), that isn't happening. They're disregarding you and people like you - the extreme minority. The extreme minority opinion is by definition insignificant.

Along with the definition of narcissism I'd suggest you look up the definition of "entitlement" as well. In the meantime if you don't like the idea of them touring beyond this, don't go. If you don't like the idea of them doing an album and they make one "completely disregarding" your take on the matter, then don't buy it. 

Pretty simple stuff, really.

The extreme minority opinion is not insignificant just because it's the extreme minority. The fact that people choose to ignore it 99% of the time makes for the sheep-like mentality of our kind. And anyway, you keep talking about the shows, the crowds etc. while I've clearly been talking about the future of AC/DC with or without Axl. You're trying too hard to elevate the idea that "people are enjoying the shows, so is the band, so if you're not happy about that, you can leave" - I like the shows, but that's not what we're talking about here. I said everything I had to say about the future possibilities of this line-up in my previous comment, but it seems like you skimmed over that part. If Axl/DC starts making albums and becomes an actual band, GNR and the remains of AC/DC will wither away into more supergroups, as is the trend. Yeah, one can just not buy the albums and attend the shows, but it is a kick in the nuts for GNR fans who have waited for 20+ years for a reunion, only to have Axl's attention elsewhere (and having more fun there, too). But, well, it's ultimately the bands' choice what they decide to do, hopefully it won't come down to the scenario I've conjured up.

17 hours ago, Lumikki said:

Yeah, loved that part as well :facepalm:

Thanks for making me aware of this. I just hope no one else follows their example.

Look on the bright side. At least you covering up your face before posting, was prescient.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sturginho said:

Urgh. He must be really desperate to take (steal?) an account of a fan meeting posted on a message board (in which absolutely nothing of any serious importance was said) and then he tries to turn that into multiple articles. If I were Axl I'd tell him to suck my (imaginary) dick right now.

Edited by Lumikki

31 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

Let's start a Fake rumour and open a thread..

Let's see where it goes :D

Yesss :ph34r:. Something about new music with GNR or Axl's deal with the devil - his left foot for an amazing voice :devilshades:

51 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

Let's start a Fake rumour and open a thread..

Let's see where it goes :D

YES, but something lightly, nothing serious. We don't want to jeopardize this reunion :D Something like

Anecdote from the first GN'R reunion show: During the first Vegas show, Axl and Slash switched clothes; Axl accidently took Slash's pants, hanging in the dressing room, and cut left trouser leg, so his boot can come through, thinking he was cutting his own. Slash started looking for his trousers, which were nowhere to be found, only to find them disrepaired. Fortunately Slash had spare ones. Everything went in a great spirit, and Axl the other day bought him a gift as an apology, which is claimed to be a new guitar that Slash can play on new GN'R album! 

Claims a person close to the band

Or maybe we shouldn't mention new album :P

Edit: I know I'm an awfull writer, but I tried! 

Edited by nn18
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, nn18 said:

Anecdote from the first GN'R reunion show: During the first Vegas show, Axl and Slash switched clothes; Axl accidently took Slash's pants, hanging in the dressing room, and cut left trouser leg, so his boot can come through, thinking he was cutting his own. Slash started looking for his trousers, which were nowhere to be found, only to find them disrepaired. Fortunately Slash had spare ones. Everything went in a great spirit, and Axl the other day bought him a gift as an apology, which is claimed to be a new guitar that Slash can play on new GN'R album! 

thats a good story!!:lol:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, nn18 said:

YES, but something lightly, nothing serious. We don't want to jeopardize this reunion :D Something like

Claims a person close to the band

Or maybe we shouldn't mention new album :P

Edit: I know I'm an awfull writer, but I tried! 

The guy from alternativenation thanks you for writing his new article :D.

• Like 2

Before the Vegas shows there was a topic here discussing if Slash and Axl had really made up or if it's just a cash grab (ok, so not just *one* topic!). Anyway, somebody drew up a mock stage design, or got it from another site, which showed a little stage out in the crowd for Slash, since they are just 'in it for the money and can't be around one another'. Next day on AltNation was an 'article' about whether there would be an acoustic portion of the show because of this extra stage which would allow them to do something akin to 1993. All from a joke on here. :facepalm:

• Like 1