What Mr. and Mrs. Young had to say about Axl...

I am not blaming Axl for the AC/DC situation.  Axl is having a great year.  But it would have been better to see AC/DC hang it up after Brian Johnson "retired".  Or at least Angus could have shown some respect for a guy who was in the band for 35 years and played on one of the greatest albums of all-time (Back In Black).

25 minutes ago, starlight said:

Brian is seeing an expert for his ear problem so maybe he can cure it and will be back in AC DC

So they can go back to doing things wrong...haha but I guess it's understandable.

great story though! Thanks for sharing I was very interested to hear their thoughts on Axl, the hat thing is funny. 

You can tell the band alone sounds so much better since Axl joined, he has a great ear for music so that doesn't surprise me that he brought in the original sound...

was Thunderstruck always "welcome to Texas" or did Axl bring that in...I thought they had been saying "went through to Texas" since the studio release

Edited by IncitingChaos
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

So they can go back to doing things wrong...haha but I guess it's understandable.

great story though! Thanks for sharing I was very interested to hear their thoughts on Axl, the hat thing is funny. 

You can tell the band alone sounds so much better since Axl joined, he has a great ear for music so that doesn't surprise me that he brought in the original sound...

was Thunderstruck always "welcome to Texas" or did Axl bring that in...I thought they had been saying "went through to Texas" since the studio release

yes, it's "we went through Texas"

Great story and very nice pictures. Good job on getting info out of Angus and his Missus (is she really a whole foot taller than him?) too. Axl's professionalism in how he's approached this whole thing, as well as his ability to execute, as well as work in an uncomfortable situation, even augurs well for the future, and it's great to see that AC/DC and those around the band are impressed with him.

It's also good to hear that contrary to what the many new Angus haters are saying, Angus himself is still waiting to see whether Brian's situation changes.

9 hours ago, Lumikki said:

You can thank Angus' wife Ellen for Axl cutting down on that a bit recently. Ellen said she told Axl's assistant (I assume she meant Beta) to tell him to get rid of the hats and sunglasses, at least on stage. And that people want to see his eyes and face when he is up there

So did axl's assistant need mrs young advice to understand that axl is better without hats and sunglasses on stage?

:facepalm:

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

Why should Angus have to retire just because one member is injured and can't perform? How is that fair to the guys currently in the band? Axl lost his entire band, replaced everybody, replaced some positions 3-4 times over - but kept the GnR name through it all.

AC/DC's legacy isn't just one dude. Brian wasn't even the original singer. Should they have retired the AC/DC brand after Bon died? The main part of any bands legacy is the music. The songs. 

And as long as 50,000 people - in multiple cities - are willing to pay big bucks to go enjoy the music, then why in the hell would any band in that situation even thing about retiring?

It really is a bit arrogant for "fans" to tell musicians what is "best" for them and their career. Angus has been kicking ass and taking names in rock music for four decades. I think he will retire the AC/DC brand when he thinks it's the right time. That is his 100% right. 

I'm just glad I don't have complete strangers telling me how to live my life, or that I should retire or shut my business down. 

Agreed. Why do fans think they know what's best for the band? They don't know the inner workings of a band or the relationships.

• Like 2