Can any of you guys that know enough about audio editing create an AXL & BRIAN DUET?

ludurigan

===

EDIT/UPDATE ON MAY 23

Ok I tried to do something with audacity but i dont have the skills to do it right

you can listen a sample here = http://www.filedropper.com/acdc-brianandaxl-duetonrockorbust

tried to mix wembley 2015 with lisbon 2016

there seems to be a sligth difference in tone from these 2 performances

also the axl/lisbon version seems to be a tad faster than the brian/wembley version

(not frank-ferrer-fast, just a really little tad faster)

so here is my question again...

is there any of you guys here that know enough about audio editing to create a decent version of an AXL & BRIAN DUET? 

===

We have a PRO SHOT version of Rock or Bust with Axl on vocals, right?

We also have these...

Edited by ludurigan

there are probably more, just search youtube. what I don't understand is - why they are so uptight about the pro-shots. even if they want to issue Live CD/DCD they can release alternatives and so on. unless of course they want to "hide" their lead singer (even the temporary one) LOL that would be the dumbest thing ever..

Edited by Colossus of Rhodes

3 hours ago, Colossus of Rhodes said:

there are probably more, just search youtube. what I don't understand is - why they are so uptight about the pro-shots. even if they want to issue Live CD/DCD they can release alternatives and so on. unless of course they want to "hide" their lead singer (even the temporary one) LOL that would be the dumbest thing ever..

hey, thanks a lot for the videos

What I mean is actually MIX (or FUSE, or SINCHRONIZE, sorry dont know if I am using the right words) the AUDIO of the AXL/DC pro shot with the audio of one of the AC/DC (WITH BRIAN) pro shots of "Rock or Bust"

It should be doable, specially because they are from the same tour and both probably were played on the same tone (?)

So we can have something like Axl singing one verse and Brian singing another and they singing together the chorus...

The possibilities are unlimited really

I was just thinking about doing this duet with audio, cause its probably easier to do, but If there is video of that "DUET", its all for the better!

:headbang:

i am pretty sure someone must have thought about that already so lets see if it surfaces here, on youtube or somewhere else...

(updated the first thread)

Ok I tried to do something with audacity but i dont have the skills to do it right

you can listen a sample here = http://www.filedropper.com/acdc-brianandaxl-duetonrockorbust

also the axl/lisbon version seems to be a tad faster than the brian/wembley version

is there any of you guys here that know enough about audio editing to create a decent version of an AXL & BRIAN DUET? 

9 hours ago, ludurigan said:

(updated the first thread)

Part of your problem is the pitch. Rock or Bust with Brian is in E-flat tuning, whereas with Axl it's in Standard tuning. You can adjust pitch without affecting tempo in Audacity and vice versa. The problem is bringing up the pitch on Brian will make the guitars and vocals sound thin so you'd be better off taking the Axl version and dropping it a semitone. It'll sound a little weird but it's the better option.

Next up would be adjusting the tempo slightly but that could take lots of playing around.

I would use a earlier recording with Brian on vocals... and a different song... 

Shoot To Thrill Live at Donington 1991 and Live at Marseille 2016 for example.

Edited by Sosso

3 hours ago, James Bond said:

Part of your problem is the pitch. Rock or Bust with Brian is in E-flat tuning, whereas with Axl it's in Standard tuning. You can adjust pitch without affecting tempo in Audacity and vice versa. The problem is bringing up the pitch on Brian will make the guitars and vocals sound thin so you'd be better off taking the Axl version and dropping it a semitone. It'll sound a little weird but it's the better option.

Next up would be adjusting the tempo slightly but that could take lots of playing around.

yeah i kinda tried to do that (i sort realized the pitch thing even if I had no idea about the tunings you mentioned) but i am really just a beginner on audacity (i can copy and paste basically) so i have no idea how to do it, and there are so many numbers and percentages and levels and what not that i have no idea how to do it

3 hours ago, James Bond said:

thinking now, if you or anyone are able to send me a version of axl (or brian) version with the pitch adjusted to match, i guess i can do a semi-good thing with it!

2 hours ago, Sosso said:

I would use a earlier recording with Brian on vocals... and a different song... 

Shoot To Thrill Live at Donington 1991 and Live at Marseille 2016 for example.

This might be a better and cleaner idea, especially since the multi-tracks exist of the Donington show (thanks to Rock Band) so it'd be easier to work with. Isolated tracks of Shoot To Thrill are uploaded on YouTube.

10 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

yeah i kinda tried to do that (i sort realized the pitch thing even if I had no idea about the tunings you mentioned) but i am really just a beginner on audacity (i can copy and paste basically) so i have no idea how to do it, and there are so many numbers and percentages and levels and what not that i have no idea how to do it

thinking now, if you or anyone are able to send me a version of axl (or brian) version with the pitch adjusted to match, i guess i can do a semi-good thing with it!

I'm on mobile but all you have to do is highlight the track, go to the pitch transposition tool (I think it even says "change pitch without changing tempo"), choose "down" and adjust the key. For simplicity, just go "from F to E" as that will automatically move the slider down a semitone. The precise key doesn't matter since the slider changes regardless. Do this on the Axl track and it should match the Brian.

I do this a lot with guitar backing tracks so I don't have to retune my guitar between various songs.

The biggest problem you'll face with Audacity is trying to slide things over to line them up. I'm no recording expert but it's hardly the best program for that kind of thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

This might be a better and cleaner idea, especially since the multi-tracks exist of the Donington show (thanks to Rock Band) so it'd be easier to work with. Isolated tracks of Shoot To Thrill are uploaded on YouTube.

I'm on mobile but all you have to do is highlight the track, go to the pitch transposition tool (I think it even says "change pitch without changing tempo"), choose "down" and adjust the key. For simplicity, just go "from F to E" as that will automatically move the slider down a semitone. The precise key doesn't matter since the slider changes regardless. Do this on the Axl track and it should match the Brian.

I do this a lot with guitar backing tracks so I don't have to retune my guitar between various songs.

The biggest problem you'll face with Audacity is trying to slide things over to line them up. I'm no recording expert but it's hardly the best program for that kind of thing.

ill try that tonight and ill let you know, thanks!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, James Bond said:

fuck it seems to work great

how is that you know that they use this tuning for axl and that tuning for brian?

1 hour ago, ludurigan said:

fuck it seems to work great

how is that you know that they use this tuning for axl and that tuning for brian?

I know Angus and his guitar quite well. ;)

More technically - AC/DC always played in Standard tuning (sometimes on the early albums they'd just tune to each other so they weren't pitch perfect standard bit a few cents lower, but otherwise Standard). The lone exception is It's A Long Way To The Top which they tuned up a semitone to match with the bagpipes. I've seen that song tabbed so wrong over the years because people don't realize it. Once you retune it's the usual AC/DC chords in the usual positions.

More recently (Black Ice Tour), they started playing in E-flat (a half step down from Standard tuning) to help Brian with the high notes. That continued through the ROB tour. The song Rock Or Bust itself was recorded in E-flat tuning even though the rest of the album remained in Standard. Once Axl came aboard, they reverted to Standard tuning again for the whole show. Angus probably didn't feel like switching guitars right after the first song so they even do Rock Or Bust in Standard now.

That was one of the first things I noticed from the first bootleg with Axl. Hey now, those chords sound higher!

1 hour ago, ludurigan said:

shit now they are on the same tune but the eq is different 

i am trying to do a copy and past thing and its very noticeable when there is a change

There won't be much way around that I'm afraid. You're overlapping doubles of the exact same guitar parts, drums, etc... So you'll get some natural phasing going on.