New Brian Interview

James Bond

this sums up Axl joining AC/DC for me

admittedly i thought it was a bad idea as i wasn't sure how his voice would fair and i knew fans of another band wouldn't be as forgiving...but man, this has been a great year for him and it seems hes working himself in the good graces of music fans...maybe i can stop hearing how much of a asshole Axl is now

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Saw that interview a few days ago. It's good to hear there aren't really conflicting stories on what happened, and that he's not really upset by the band continuing without him.

Maybe they can call Axl's debut album with them Man Down. What do you think, @ZoSoRose? :popcorn:

Man Down would suit Axl's voice perfectly. Great song

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sidelined-acdc-singer-brian-johnson-ive-had-a-pretty-good-run-with-one-of-the-best-bands-in-the-world/

Nice to hear more from the man himself. Cliff's version of the story from those band interviews with Axl was right on the money.

It sounds like he won't be coming back, but he's at peace with the idea. The problems started in the Canada run last year which begs the question as to why they even bothered adding 2016 dates in the first place, but it seems initially Brian wasn't sure how serious it was because it had healed before. He compares having to quit touring now at nearly 69 to a sports player injuring themselves young and never recovering. In contrast, he considers himself lucky.

Good little read!

As a side note, I got the link from ACDCFans which is now back open to non-members. The Axl praise there is insane now - many want Axl to stay aboard in light of the Brian news!

Do they? Not judging by what they write on Facebook and Twitter :D 

I thought they wanted the Rhino Bucket guy/ Airbourne guy/ tribute band guy/ anybody but Axl Rose guy. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
Typo

Its really great to hear from Brian, Im not a hardcore AC/DC fan, but IF there is a new album, then Brian should at least sing half of the songs.

Its sad he can't tour anymore, I hope he gets better, I love Axl but the songs just sound weird without Brian.

It would be cool to hear Axl on an AC/DC album, but seriously we need to hear Axl on a GNR album first. 

But its good Axl is having fun and rocking out, it seems Axl works best when he is hired by someone else. 

5 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Guns N' Roses is dead. Long live Axl/DC.

Axl brought the GN'R name to AC/DC, so AC/DC is literally GN'R now. This new version of GN'R does even more covers than previous lineups, and only AC/DC songs, but that is okay since the new lead guitar player really knows how to play AC/DC.

• Like 1

And he plays it well. Sadly I don't know if they can write new songs without Malcolm. Unless there's more riffs he has left them or they can simply recycle. I would rather have Brian do an album since I think he can control the volume to not let it do much damage to his ear.

Or he can just be done with the whole thing. The man wants to hear his own grandkids. I don't blame him, no one should.

12 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Axl brought the GN'R name to AC/DC, so AC/DC is literally GN'R now. This new version of GN'R does even more covers than previous lineups, and only AC/DC songs, but that is okay since the new lead guitar player really knows how to play AC/DC.

I don't agree with you, but the part about the lead guitar player had me literally laughing out loud!

• Like 1

On 5/22/2016 at 8:43 AM, James Bond said:

As a side note, I got the link from ACDCFans which is now back open to non-members. The Axl praise there is insane now - many want Axl to stay aboard in light of the Brian news!

Yeah, some of those who were anti-Axl and then changed their minds after seeing Axl give it his all as well as bring new Gn'R fans to AC/DC, are now telling the remaining Axl haters to get on the Rock N' Roll train or fuck off.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad for him that the new technology is working, that is great news...

but will he want to go back to AC/DC? Hopefully he does, it's just with all the times he's mentioned retiring and then the band carrying on without him, being replaced be Axl :lol: would he want to? 

Being a selfish GNR fan, I'm hoping he does, and we get Axl back and focused on guns. 

• Like 1

Old news..!!!! Since then Brian has met with Mr Stephen  Ambrose there is a Brian Johnson authorised statement on his in ear monitor ADEL hearing technology.

It works it really works & you cant argue with that i was really amazed to be able to hear music again like i have not herd for several years now i cant wait for it to be miniturized so i can use it in every day situations from normal communication going to noisey resterantants TO PERFORMING LIVE MUSIC ON STAGE AGAIN.

This great news is the result of a recent open message published by S.Ambrose to Brian Johnson who had to postpone fronting ACDC due to increasing hearing loss 

Asius technologies team

3 hours ago, Sosso said:

Downtuned instruments and a declining voice at AC/DC concerts again? I like Brian he is probably the nicest guy on earth. But no, thanks.

Why wouldn't they though? They were still packing out stadiums with Brian at the beginning of the year. I mean, it's not like you won't be able to hear AC/DC if they downtuned, they're still loud enough aren't they? 

29 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Why wouldn't they though? They were still packing out stadiums with Brian at the beginning of the year. I mean, it's not like you won't be able to hear AC/DC if they downtuned, they're still loud enough aren't they? 

It's not only the loudness. Their most important element is still the sound. 

3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Volume isn't what @Sosso meant when he said "downtuning". In music, downtuning means tuning the instruments to a different standard pitch. The most common downtuning is to go from standard E to Eb, where each string will be tuned one semitone lower than standard tuning - this is the tuning AC/DC has used on the last few tours. It's most common application is to make the high notes easier/possible to reach for aging vocalists. With Axl, AC/DC is back to playing in standard tuning because Axl is able to hit the high notes. 

Compare any video of Axl/DC to a video of the same song from earlier this year or last year, and you'll hear the difference - the pitch on everything is lower with Brian. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I'm glad for him that the new technology is working, that is great news...

but will he want to go back to AC/DC? Hopefully he does, it's just with all the times he's mentioned retiring and then the band carrying on without him, being replaced be Axl :lol: would he want to? 

Being a selfish GNR fan, I'm hoping he does, and we get Axl back and focused on guns. 

We will get Axl no matter what, because GNR is his band and he clearly wants money too if he reunited with Slash so there's no way that he could ditch GNR full time

11 hours ago, Strange Broue said:

We will get Axl no matter what, because GNR is his band and he clearly wants money too if he reunited with Slash so there's no way that he could ditch GNR full time

GN'R as his main job and AC/DC as a part time job. That's the best scenario in my opinion.

Edited by Sosso