TOUCH TOO MUCH - Why is it Axl's favorite?

killuridols

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

The moment when people at the front row start chanting for TOUCH TOO MUCH and Axl reacts to it :heart:

That was really cool. Axl's fanboy-ism sparking something in the crowd and then that finding an echo back from Axl. His comfort with the band and his maturity are also evident - he's clearly enjoying himself.

• Like 2

On Sunday, May 22, 2016 at 9:04 AM, killuridols said:

And this is official video for the song..

I've just realised that Angus doesn't seem to have the satchel any more. When did that and the school uniform go. Oh the memories of AC/DC with Bon watching this.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rock4eva said:

I've just realised that Angus doesn't seem to have the satchel any more. When did that and the school uniform go. Oh the memories of AC/DC with Bon watching this.

What do you mean? Angus most certainly still wears the school uniform.

12 hours ago, James Bond said:

What do you mean? Angus most certainly still wears the school uniform.

I think she's talking about the backpack Angus wore in the early days with Bon Scott, but Angus stopped wearing it very early on. I can't recall him ever wearing it live with Brian Johnson.

DC_01_LR.jpg

440x623-c.jpeg

Edited by Bumblefeet
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Bumblefeet said:

I think he's talking about the backpack Angus wore in the early days with Bon Scott, but Angus stopped wearing it very early on. I can't recall him ever wearing it live with Brian Johnson.

DC_01_LR.jpg

440x623-c.jpeg

Fair enough, but she wrote "and the school uniform" so that's the part that confused me. ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, James Bond said:

Fair enough, but she wrote "and the school uniform" so that's the part that confused me. ;)

Well thanks for clearing up I'm a she, not a he.  :lol:

Angus wore his old school uniform with a satchel as you see in the above photos, I read that he carried a photo of his Mum in the satchel but The Archer might be able to fill that in for me. Digging back into the 70s here but seem to recall it was stolen or went missing at some stage & that's what upset him the most that the photo of his Mum had been taken.

Now he wears bright coloured shorts & tops which look like a school uniform but it's definitely not the" official" school uniform as in the photos above.

Go soft on me here, I'm trying to remember 40yrs ago :o and so pissed I didn't go to see them when they played at my school hall in 1975.

The Archer I gather you have been an ACDC fan for a long time by having Bon as your profile pic. Are you Australian & grew up loving them like me or maybe you're younger & just like the early years? I don't even know besides Angus who else has been in the band from virtually the beginning, then I see that Chris Slade has been there 30yrs!!!! I stopped following them when Bon died so I'm learning from 1980 onwards by Axl being with them. I knew Malcolm, Phil, Bon & Angus. The old memory is fading. <_<

20 minutes ago, rock4eva said:

I stopped following them when Bon died so I'm learning from 1980 onwards by Axl being with them. I knew Malcolm, Phil, Bon & Angus. The old memory is fading. <_<

same here! I tried after Bon died, I listened to Back In Black but mainly cos it was a tribute to Bon. but after that I just...couldn't. just was not the same and I was never a Brian Johnson fan. now Axl has brought back all my memories of Bon and I am spending a LOT f time watching clips of him online and loving it! my current rock love and my first rock love, i'm a happy camper :wub:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

same here! I tried after Bon died, I listened to Back In Black but mainly cos it was a tribute to Bon. but after that I just...couldn't. just was not the same and I was never a Brian Johnson fan. now Axl has brought back all my memories of Bon and I am spending a LOT f time watching clips of him online and loving it! my current rock love and my first rock love, i'm a happy camper :wub:

Great minds think alike. I had a son who went to respite care & the woman put ACDC on to play in the car & my son was singing in the back TNT OI OI & she wondered where on earth he learned that. He was only about 8 or 9 but loved Long Way To The Top as well. I reckon had he lived he & I would have been going to lots of rock n roll concerts over the years. I've only known the 'hits' they had with Brian like Thunderstruck, You Shook Me etc but now I'm listening to Axl I'm going back to ACDC & watching them perform or read the lyrics as the song plays. Like you I love Axl in the band he also grew up with, we're the same age & he liked Aussie music like Rose Tattoo, The Angels etc.

Like you I'm a happy camper, the question is does he front both bands or is it possible Brian can be helped & come back? I'm probably wrong here but Axl seems happier in ACDC than GNR, maybe it's because he's not the boss & has to conform to their needs & not having the responsibility behind the scenes relaxes him. This no hat no sunnies has got to continue, we need Mrs Young to tour with GNR as his dresser. :wub:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rock4eva said:

Now he wears bright coloured shorts & tops which look like a school uniform but it's definitely not the" official" school uniform as in the photos above.

Go soft on me here, I'm trying to remember 40yrs ago :o and so pissed I didn't go to see them when they played at my school hall in 1975.

My bad, I corrected my post ;).

During the 80s the uniform morphed to a velvet-like suit jacket with shorts. Up untill the last decade, he would strip down to underpants with the flag of your country on them, not sure when he started doing that but I'm glad he stopped doing it for the last tours. :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bumblefeet said:

My bad, I corrected my post ;).

During the 80s the uniform morphed to a velvet-like suit jacket with shorts. Up untill the last decade, he would strip down to underpants with the flag of your country on them, not sure when he started doing that but I'm glad he stopped doing it for the last tours. :lol:

OMG yes that would be a turnoff.

I feel like I don't know anything about them but called myself a fan. Then again I liked GNR & their hits but couldn't have told you what their names were or songs that weren't hits. I thought Patience was a new song in 2011 which sparked my interest & started you tubing them & now I'm obsessed. 

9 hours ago, rock4eva said:

Angus wore his old school uniform with a satchel as you see in the above photos, I read that he carried a photo of his Mum in the satchel but The Archer might be able to fill that in for me. Digging back into the 70s here but seem to recall it was stolen or went missing at some stage & that's what upset him the most that the photo of his Mum had been taken.

The Archer I gather you have been an ACDC fan for a long time by having Bon as your profile pic. Are you Australian & grew up loving them like me or maybe you're younger & just like the early years? I don't even know besides Angus who else has been in the band from virtually the beginning, then I see that Chris Slade has been there 30yrs!!!! I stopped following them when Bon died so I'm learning from 1980 onwards by Axl being with them. I knew Malcolm, Phil, Bon & Angus. The old memory is fading. <_<

I gotcha! I should have gathered you meant the legit school uniform as opposed to the more "tailored" (for lack of a better word) uniform that he goes for now.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2016 at 8:34 PM, rock4eva said:

I love Bon, but I was born only in '77. Never heard about Angus' mom's photo and the satchel story till now - thanks for that. Many of the old stories I've heard are from older fans who've seen them or listened to them before I was born and from AC/DC groups that I was part of long before I was on here :lol:.