TOUCH TOO MUCH - Why is it Axl's favorite?

killuridols

I didn't know this song before Axl mentioned it. Must admit I wasn't much of an AC/DC fan, only knew the hits.

So I looked for this song and found this video with lyrics:

And now it all makes sense... Those lyrics, hah! Sound like something Axl would write for one of those women who drove him crazy.

Who do you think these remind him of? Stephanie or Erin? :P

Also lets post here videos of this song live. It's a special song and I think it deserves its own thread :)

Edited by killuridols

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I didn't know this song before Axl mentioned it. Must admit I wasn't much of an AC/DC fan, only knew the hits.

https://youtu.be/fnmBpFSM5jw

And now it all makes sense... Those lyrics, hah! Sound like something Axl would write for one of those women who drove him crazy.

Also lets post here videos of this song live. It's a special song and I think it deserves its own thread :)

Probably reminds him of his entire love life, not just those two. And it's a damn awesome song. Killer riff and pretty much eveything else. :headbang:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nonok said:

Probably reminds him of his entire love life, not just those two. And it's a damn awesome song. Killer riff and pretty much eveything else. :headbang:

Yeah, melody is beautiful. Doesn't sound like an ACDC song... This is more GNR.

38 minutes ago, killuridols said:

https://youtu.be/fnmBpFSM5jw

Yes song is great, sounds very much like GNR maybe because of that we love it. OMG I just realised they played it, Prague show is first of AXL/DC I missed and they did it fuck i can't believe. VIDEO PLEASEEEE!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Another video from the Prague show.. Does this one sound a bit better or is it me getting used to it already? :wacko:

i was expecting a way different vocal approach from axl

everytime he uses this whatever (mickey? clean? bee gees?) voice...

i just cant stand listening to him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcon said:

That was a bit of a let down.  The vocal for sure, but also the song didn't sound quite right. It was missing the sleazy disco vibe early on.

yeah

the guitar was different, boys couldnt replicate the can-can-can-can-can... quite well

i guess its the disco vibe you mentioned despite the fact that i never thought this song could have a disco vibe hahahahaha

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ludurigan said:

yeah

the guitar was different, boys couldnt replicate the can-can-can-can-can... quite well

i guess its the disco vibe you mentioned despite the fact that i never thought this song could have a disco vibe hahahahaha

I often wondered if the backing vocals were part of the reason they never did it live. This is one of those songs where Mutt Lange's voice is the most prominent one in the mix (along with Bon's doubling), so I'm not sure Malcolm and Cliff were up to the task. It's a bit more than grunting. :lol:

One thing I'll give this live version is Slade's drumming. Perfect. Angus did a mean solo too - close enough to the studio take but enough of his usual live improvisation. Actually most of it sounded pretty good save for the intro accenting (but Angus can't even do the accents in FTATR right half the time so I'll forgive him). Axl was okay. Not the worst clean I've heard from him but the raspier parts sounded much better.

AMAZING song... probably AC/DC's best. I was pleasantly surprised to hear Axl cite that one as his favorite and I've been hoping it would mean they'd dust it off for this tour. Axl's been killing it with the band, and I couldn't wait to hear him singing this one.... but honestly, his vocals were a bit disappointing!