How's it going Marc?

WAR41

It's pretty noticeable that you've gone silent over the last month which I don't think comes as a huge surprise.  Are things going alright?  Do you think you'll be able to see the band on the summer tour? 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to ask a couple of weeks ago why the silence?

I hope it's because you are mending bridges and want to avoid anything that might be seen as inflammatory.

I miss your insight, we need a voice of reason speaking out against some of the CSI on here.

Or perhaps you know somthing we don't know, and just don't trust yourself to come on here, in case we weasel it out of you? <_<

Whatever the reason, hope your in a good place and enjoying what unfolds as much as the rest of us. 

Edited by Archtop
Crap at spelling
  • Like 1

On 4/3/2016 at 0:51 AM, recklessroad said:

I feel that I what I have set out to do has been accomplished. How it got done doen't matter to me. 9 years ago when I first started taking part in this chat board. I came here to help people with questions with Reckless Road and found it crazy to see that the fans were fighting and taking sides between Axl and Slash. I started defending mostly Axl because, he was the one taking most of the hits from the fans. I explained over and over again that it was no ones fault for what went down in 1995/1996 in the breakup and tried my best to keep the peace here. No one has worked harder then me to help try to convince everyone including the band members that there was a lot of miscommunication between some of the band members and that they just needed a few years apart. I feel that I won, there has been a lot less fighting here and the band is back together and booking gigs and look to be having fun on stage. They sound great and what else is there for me to do? Im happy that has all happened. I helped  people learn about the history of the band with their questions and put together a great scrapbook with great insight about the birth of the band for everyone to enjoy and I think there really is nothing more that I can do.

• Like 1

Well, if it's going to close I want to say thanks to Marc for his activity over the years.  He certainly didn't have to do it but he did it anyways.  He answered a bunch of my questions and it was cool to hear from some one so heavily involved with the band from way back when. 

Best of luck to you and Canter's Deli.  I hope you're able to hit the show(s) in Los Angeles and talk with Axl.  And I do hope that you'll stop in from time to time to chat.   

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Is Marc gone? :/

Marc is the reason why I joined this Forum, I just joined to ask him a few questions and well I stayed on.

I hope he stays here, he did accomplish what he wanted since the past so many years and us fans also wanted that.

I hope his relationship with Axl becomes good again and all of them would hang around like the old days

Marc was really like the 6th member in the early days and really helped a lot, so I hope the band realizes that

In your good days everyone comes, but in your bad days only your true friend will be there for you. 

• Like 1

Marc, if you truly are done posting here, let me just say thank you for all you have done for the GN'R community (the band and fans alike). As a huge fan since Jungle broke on MTV, I have found your insights to not only be fascinating, they have also brought about a sense of closure that I did not even realize I needed. The band exploded on the scene when I was at the impressionable age of 14, so they have always been my favorite group. And, like many of the 40+ year olds on here, I have been following this soap opera for the last 20+ years hoping for an eventual happy ending. At least we have 3 out the 5 originals back (plus Steven occasionally guesting)! I am so excited for the Aug 9th show in SF that i'm driving my family crazy playing GN'R almost non-stop! I hope you are able to mend your relationship with your old friend Axl, as it obviously has affected you deeply. Best of luck to you, sir!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We should just thank the man for his sharing of his memories with the band and let him have some peace............If Slash and Axl can reconcile I truly hope this happens for Marc as he was one of the biggest supporters of the band when they were trying to make it and  really did not take sides in the personal conflicts but offered us a different perspective from someone who was actually there and a part of the bands rise.

So Marc thanks for the memories and I hope I get a chance to meet you at Canter's someday.