*Not So* Dark Side of GN'R?

Pretty standard stuff for big bands really.  I mean lets face it, why do young men (or why did young men back in the day) get into bands in the first place?  Yes, to make music but also because it's was like guaranteed clunge every night, thats like half the appeal of being a rockstar.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Pretty standard stuff for big bands really.  I mean lets face it, why do young men (or why did young men back in the day) get into bands in the first place?  Yes, to make music but also because it's was like guaranteed clunge every night, thats like half the appeal of being a rockstar.

Apparently that's not why Faith No More became a rock band :D

There are those who objectify women, but there are also those chicks who let themselves be objectified to their pussy. So i dont think theres anyone to blame. And honestly, if i had been in guns back then, i wouldve done those strippers and groupies aswell, and i am anything but a sexist myself.

Edited by xBrownstonex
  • Like 1

If people listen to AFD and then get offended by the fact that they actually did do the things they sing about then maybe listen to something else. And don't tour with a band you know do those things and write songs about it. 

Anyway....nearly 30 years later and they still do boob cam at festivals...funnily enough FNM have no probs playing them

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

If people listen to AFD and then get offended by the fact that they actually did do the things they sing about then maybe listen to something else. And don't tour with a band you know do those things and write songs about it. 

Anyway....nearly 30 years later and they still do boob cam at festivals...funnily enough FNM have no probs playing them

?

18 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

And frankly it sounds tame compared to what other bands would do.

Just now, Len B'stard said:

Yeah, they should check out what your mates Led Zeppelin got up to on a bank holiday, the mucky sods :lol:

Never looked at red snapper the same way.

Mercury was also not exactly the paragon of virtue off stage.

42 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Ok, I found this on tumblr N' I dunno who said this but I want to know if its true or not???

0c2f2052-a16b-4dc8-b42d-95a38482a065.jpgbeab748d-b2fc-45cf-afcb-5fc5b75407e0.jpg

*Edited:I hope its okay if I post this 

This was Bill Gould? from Faith No More, I think?

They got a lashing from Axl because they slagged GnR from the stage... while opening for GnR.

As for the antics, yep, it's fairly decadent :P but there'a a million stories like this about every band under the sun. ALSO! Axl and the rest of GnR are not homophobic... really poor judgement on one songs lyrics, agreed! but I don't think they've uttered many other gay hate lyrics or comments before or since (at least publicly).

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

This was Bill Gould? from Faith No More, I think?

They got a lashing from Axl because they slagged GnR from the stage... while opening for GnR.

As for the antics, yep, it's fairly decadent :P but there'a a million stories like this about every band under the sun. ALSO! Axl and the rest of GnR are not homophobic... really poor judgement on one songs lyrics, agreed! but I don't think they've uttered many other gay hate lyrics or comments before or since (at least publicly).

Agreed completely. Only homophobic I can think of is one in a million, most interviews axl defended himself by declaring his love for Mercury and Elton Etc.

Pretty awesome he saw intoxicated chicks going down on each other. That's the American Dream!

1 minute ago, Billsfan said:

Agreed completely. Only homophobic I can think of is one in a million, most interviews axl defended himself by declaring his love for Mercury and Elton Etc.

Pretty awesome he saw intoxicated chicks going down on each other. That's the American Dream!

Sebastian Bach told this story before somewhere, he thought it was great! Different strokes... er!? I won't finish that though ;)

• Like 1

Welcome to the jungle, lads. :lol: GNR was fittingly titled "The most dangerous band in the world", they were kinky, nasty, horny, gross etc. It's not "Sex, drugs & rock n' roll" without reason, you know. Getting disgusted won't change the fact that it is what it is. Honestly, what kind of a lame ass band tours with Guns N' Roses and expects anything but a hedonistic parade of immorality?

And the homophobic part is just some pansy scouring through the bottom of his vocabulary of insults because they had nothing else to latch onto. And it isn't true, so yeah.

It does sound like something they would do.

I think even today some of that kinda still happens... Maybe not to that point of sleaze and debauchery but look at the pictures from backstage.

Why are Victoria's Secret models hanging out with Axl after Vegas first reunion shows? There's a guy who connects these women to Axl and the crew. You know his name, he's all over the place in pics with TB and stuff.

A recent case is that very young girl who was seen in pics with Axl, she was posing in underwear (?) and she was at Coachella, her face all over the big screens during SCOM.

It's sad but it is what it is :shrugs:

7 minutes ago, J Dog said:

What? Rock bands mixing it up with fucked up groupies and chicks showing their tits? Well I've never heard of such nonsense in my life.

If ya ask some chick to flash ya and she doesn't she deserves to be booed

• Like 1

FNM was always pretty chatty when it came to shit talking Guns (both during and after that tour). Off topic in regards to the sleaze, but a claim that I've been chuckling over the last month or so... "...Gould says that he heard Axl hired an exorcist because he believed he was possessed by the spirit of the dead AC/DC singer Bon Scott..." 

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=26724.0;wap2

14 minutes ago, Axl_Fetish said:

FNM was always pretty chatty when it came to shit talking Guns (both during and after that tour). Off topic in regards to the sleaze, but a claim that I've been chuckling over the last month or so... "...Gould says that he heard Axl hired an exorcist because he believed he was possessed by the spirit of the dead AC/DC singer Bon Scott..." 

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=26724.0;wap2

And now we know why Axl joined ACDC. To please the spirits

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SerenityScorp said:

Ok, I found this on tumblr N' I dunno who said this but I want to know if its true or not???

0c2f2052-a16b-4dc8-b42d-95a38482a065.jpgbeab748d-b2fc-45cf-afcb-5fc5b75407e0.jpg

*Edited:I hope its okay if I post this 

You titled this the dark side of GnR.  What about it is dark as far as GnR is concerned?