*Not So* Dark Side of GN'R?

10 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

This was Bill Gould? from Faith No More, I think?

They got a lashing from Axl because they slagged GnR from the stage... while opening for GnR.

As for the antics, yep, it's fairly decadent :P but there'a a million stories like this about every band under the sun. ALSO! Axl and the rest of GnR are not homophobic... really poor judgement on one songs lyrics, agreed! but I don't think they've uttered many other gay hate lyrics or comments before or since (at least publicly).

This was actually Roddy Bottum for kerrang, issue 444

Megadeth+Kerrang+Magazine+481447.jpg

4 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

If you go to a younger band like Ghost, BVB, Asking Alexandria the crowds are pretty crazy.

I wonder what crazy crowd means to a BVB/Asking Alexandria fan. 

like, a boy calling the others mon fat? 
Getting wild with chocolatte milk and nutella? 

• Like 2

When I went to see fake GnR, in 2012, I was right at the front on the side of the arena and I could see all the way into backstage.

They had all those low rate model types there that tour and there was a little gang of them right in front of me. All totally not watching or listening.

Anyway, I guess the toilets our block were using, were closer than the backstage ones cos they kept frequenting them. 

SCOM came on so I thought, I know it will sound shitty, I'll go for a piss break.

well, I guess the low rates didn't think anyone would go for a piss whilst SCOM was on cos I walked in and they had cocaine fucking everywhere! I didn't judge though, whatever keeps them skinny to get paid to hang around a rock band.

on a side note, I could see what Axl was doing back there, and if not changing his clothes it was literally just nothing lol he totally just stood there listening to the band :D 

Also, when I saw Slashs snakepit, he was so out of his face it was awesome, he threw up all over the stage and kept going back to whatever was on top of his amp, but it was awesome. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

When I went to see fake GnR, in 2012, I was right at the front on the side of the arena and I could see all the way into backstage.

They had all those low rate model types there that tour and there was a little gang of them right in front of me. All totally not watching or listening.

Anyway, I guess the toilets our block were using, were closer than the backstage ones cos they kept frequenting them. 

SCOM came on so I thought, I know it will sound shitty, I'll go for a piss break.

well, I guess the low rates didn't think anyone would go for a piss whilst SCOM was on cos I walked in and they had cocaine fucking everywhere! I didn't judge though, whatever keeps them skinny to get paid to hang around a rock band.

on a side note, I could see what Axl was doing back there, and if not changing his clothes it was literally just nothing lol he totally just stood there listening to the band :D 

Also, when I saw Slashs snakepit, he was so out of his face it was awesome, he threw up all over the stage and kept going back to whatever was on top of his amp, but it was awesome. 

I seriously want to know more about what r They doin' during the show on huge concert/festival....

Something like this

13 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

Are you legitimately surprised that the band behind:

Aren't a group of moral paragons? 

I remember Duff talking about the lyrics to that song, the absurdity of the world he'd found himself in. The very same girls on the scene who wouldn't look at the band sideways before would literally drop to their knees and suck their cocks without even introducing themselves once the band started getting some hype around them. The thing i find a little weird about whoever it was from FNM doing the bitching none of it really involved the band directly anyway, even with girls on the couch Axl was in another room with FNM giving them the third degree and was told "hey come check this out!''. The roadies back then were probably worse than the bands.

Edited by Silverburst80

15 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

Pretty standard stuff for big bands really.  

15 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

There are those who objectify women, but there are also those chicks who let themselves be objectified to their pussy. So i dont think theres anyone to blame. 

15 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Every festival I've been to they'll deliberately leave the camera on an attractive girl so the crowd encourage to get her tits out. They'll boo if she doesn't. I personally wouldn't but some girls do. 

and this

I'd be grateful to have a story like that to tell. I can't understand why that Orwellian idiot is making an experience like that out to be a bad thing. Self reprimanding censorship is the most oppressive form of control.

19 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I made the mistake of reading the Aerosmith book, god that 16 year old girl who Steven Tyler got pregnant then pushed her into having an abortion at nearly 6months pregnant made me feel ill.

Here's her testsimony: 

• Like 1

Yes, I remember this interview, it was the guy from Faith No More.  But the article, was really typical of the time.  Faith No More and the grunge bands at the time, really bashed the decadence of GNR all the time.  There was this real kind of indie disease at the time, where these bands constantly made statements against being popular or successful, and that everyone else was ignorant.   I mean a lot of them would tour with Axl, but ridicule him at the same time. 

I'm a feminist, but I still found their comments to be kind of elitist and judgemental.  And the media at the time (especially SPIN magazine) really encouraged it. 

Oh wow, you don't say a giant band from 30 years ago had a weird relationship with local strippers? I'm so shocked. Who could conceive of a group of early-mid 20 years olds with drug issues suddenly becoming super famous having strippers and hookers around doing weird shit in the late 80s?

Edited by Stro