This is way beyond rasp. This is "singing like he means it". How do you describe this BACK IN BLACK?

ludurigan

Rasp, yes,good YES.. but sometimes he´s screaming out the lyrics rather than sings it. That´s why i´m a bit concerned about (cracking) his voice in the future. But on the other hand he´s a professional and hopefully knows what he´s doing and takes care of his voice :)

Listen to 1:19 and 1:43.. ouch on those vocal cords.

Edited by estranged_85

This is called screaming, and its not good, we are hearing cracks in his voice that we never had before with mickey. 1:22 1:26 is just painful to listen, it's understandable because this is the gig of his lifetime, but all those years of saving vocals, can just go poof over a single show and become irreversible.

Edited by DocArunas
  • Like 2

Axl dc back in black is, obviusly, the greatest version ever of this song. It cant be better than that.

The way axl sings, the way axl pronounce the words, that hate/angery factor, .. Those "AXL ROSE SCREEMS".  just the best. 

Screems?? Jaja some of u talks like brian jhonson is pavarotti ( opera singer) or like the song sounded better before ( yeah, right).  

Plus this praga show axl was sick ( and he nailed that song anyway).. But the belgium show?  Lisbon??  France??  20 year old brian cant sing half good than that.

This is going great AND GROWING ( acdc is being asked to add more dates) , the media is inlove, acdc fans are drasticly changing their minds, ...  

Enormes pages ( being written with gold ink) on rock n roll history.

CHEERS!!!

If we are lucky enough to get new GNR music - Axl should make them all high register raspers. Despite his age, and perhaps counter intuitively - his strained high register seems to come much more naturally than midrange efforts. For some reason, hes not got much depth in his vocals when he does the 'easier' songs.

Not a bad result really - so long as a long tour doesn't fuck him up

6 hours ago, Stro said:

I find it lol that people think a dude who has made his livelihood 100% on his voice for 30 years has no idea how to not do a tour without ruining his voice forever.

He made a livelihood of his voice till the day the real gnr split. Even then we know he didn't give a sh~t about his voice, drinking and smoking whenever wherever. After that, he kept rolling in cash because people wanted to see gnr only BECAUSE ITS GNR, not because he sounded good. His shape has been going downhill for the most part of 15 years and he has sounded like sh~t for most of that time excluding a few good years here and there. So yeah, he totally knows what he's doing. Now he comes back and is giving 120%, he is singing good I agree, but watch the videos and the parts people noted out, he is cracking his voice, that should not be happening. That is a result of poor technique, namely screaming, and that NEVER leads to anywhere good in the long run.

• Like 1

On 2016. 05. 24. at 9:05 PM, DocArunas said:

This is called screaming, and its not good, we are hearing cracks in his voice that we never had before with mickey. 1:22 1:26 is just painful to listen, it's understandable because this is the gig of his lifetime, but all those years of saving vocals, can just go poof over a single show and become irreversible.

That is called a vocal technique and is a major part on his signature voice. There is nothing wrong with it after YEARS of half assed performances. He knows what he is doing. That being said, his falsetto sounds painful (that is why most of us calls it Mickey Mouse voice and people with good ears and good taste in music doesn't like his "Mickey" performances. Only Axl apologists and nutjobs like that voice)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DocArunas said:

He made a livelihood of his voice till the day the real gnr split. Even then we know he didn't give a sh~t about his voice, drinking and smoking whenever wherever. After that, he kept rolling in cash because people wanted to see gnr only BECAUSE ITS GNR, not because he sounded good. His shape has been going downhill for the most part of 15 years and he has sounded like sh~t for most of that time excluding a few good years here and there. So yeah, he totally knows what he's doing. Now he comes back and is giving 120%, he is singing good I agree, but watch the videos and the parts people noted out, he is cracking his voice, that should not be happening. That is a result of poor technique, namely screaming, and that NEVER leads to anywhere good in the long run.

What on earth are you talking about? Have you actually listened to CD album? It's really good. 

He sounds great in some, not that great in some others that need a better control of his voice... He was almost full mickey on Touch too much.

As for GNR songs he could scream like this, I think they should REALLY create new songs that he could use this kind of voice, hard n' rock n' roll songs... Even if he's just screaming, it would be fuckin awesome. 

2 hours ago, default_ said:

As for GNR songs he could scream like this, I think they should REALLY create new songs that he could use this kind of voice, hard n' rock n' roll songs... Even if he's just screaming, it would be fuckin awesome.

This ^

I hope Axl has realized by now that the best he sounds is in hard rock songs like AC/DC's ones and all of them that have that 70's style of singing rock. He grew up learning that style from Janis, Robert Plant, Steven Tyler, Bon Scott.. I'm sorry but pop or industrial Axl has to go. I mean, Chin Dem is amazing but he won't be able to sing those songs live anymore. They are good for studio but Axl belongs up there with the rock gods.

Again, someone, someone out there, please, please record the voice of this man while he's singing like this. I'm scared we won't hear it anymore and it'd be crazy to lose this chance. Please, Axl, record something, anything, right now, this is the moment!