25 Years Ago Today: The Use Your Illusion Tour Kicked Off!

2 hours ago, Apollo said:

That guy is a horrible writer. 

I wish someone (on the forum even) would write an actual story about the parallels between now and that tour. That altnation concept was neat but it fell short. 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2016 at 4:00 PM, youngswedishvinyl said:

25 Years ago today on the 24th of May 1991, Guns N' Roses kicked off their tour in support of the Use Your Illusion albums (which wasn't out until 4 months later) in East Troy, Wisconsin after 3 warm-up shows in San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York.
The show was the start of more than 2 years of touring with 194 dates and 9 legs all around the world!

There is some pro shot footage of Mr Brownstone from this first show...

I reckon that you guys have seen it before 

it is just fucking great, band is on fire

These 1991 USA with Izzy (and without the ZigZag circus) are just terrific

:headbang:

• Like 1

On 5/25/2016 at 10:02 AM, Nikki_Sixx said:

Not to nitpick, but Izzy announced internally he was out after the Mannheim show on August 24th, he played one more show in Wembley on the 31st, and left officially in November (7th ?) 1991.

I'm gonna go all out and say that I would trade in the entire 2016 Stadium Tour for a UYI tour boxset containing multiple SBD/Pro Shot '91 shows !

i trade the entire circus era (1992) plus the entire axl solo era (199?-2015) plus the entire threeunion era (2016-20??) for one single pro shot of a 1991 show with Izzy

i also trade the said 1991 pro shot with izzy for a 5 guys reunion! 

On May 25, 2016 at 0:24 PM, KiernanProud said:

I wish someone (on the forum even) would write an actual story about the parallels between now and that tour. That altnation concept was neat but it fell short. 

That would be a fun read. 

Alt nation needs to hire an editor. 

I still remember the day I first heard Appetite and Illusions. I was at college and couldn't get my copies until later in the evening. We were having football practice and the college radio station played both albums back-to-back. It was mind blowing. Soooo much GnR music at once. So many different styles of songs. Amazing experience.