More Openers Announced!

It's not like we are paying extra for the openers. Skrillex is not much different than when I saw Mix Master Mike on the 2002 tour other than he can probably sell a few thousand tickets on his own. The question is will his fans pay GNR prices to watch him open up? It'll be funny to watch the faces on some old ass fans faces when Skrillex drops the beat or bass or whatever he does.

Edited by Subtle Signs

On May 26, 2016 at 4:25 PM, Slash787 said:

@Eddie Money should open for them!

I've been calling for Chris Stapelton in the southern cities and I got my wish for Nashville.  Best opener on the tour!  I hope slash comes out and plays with him.  He's a great singer with a bluesy voice.  Maybe Eddie will be the first opener for the quick 20 minute set. 

• Like 2

On 5/27/2016 at 2:24 PM, BillyMac said:

My guess for Nashville...The Cadillac Three, killer band on Big Machine with Southern Rock sound, new album August 5th, and very tight with Steven Tyler! Since Nashville hasn't been announced, I can't help but think it will be someone with Nashville ties just like The Stones did last summer...

If Nashville, why not Halestorm? Doesn't Lzzy have an apartment down there? Wouldnt cost anything for them to travel....lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I haven't even hear of Chris Stapleton or or Billy Talent

Chris Stapleton is a country singer. I don't know if he is a good one or not, but even if he is I don't think it is a good opener for GNR. I don't want to listen to country while waiting to hear rock :(.

47 minutes ago, maynard said:

I like some Skrillex songs and that Where are u now? song he did with Justin Bieber is fucking cool. Interesting choice!

Speaking about that.  When I mentioned that Skrillex was not the worst musician during his set at Ultra last year, Justin Bieber was.  Like holy cow, he was blatantly lipsyncing his part of the song, as in he was "singing", then dropped the mic, while the vocal track was still playing, and did some bad dancing.

Edited by Anguyen92

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I haven't even hear of Chris Stapleton or or Billy Talent

Can't speak for Chris Stapleton, but Billy Talent are an exceptionally poor band and choice of opener.

Skrillex is the one that's left me scratching my head. Has anyone stopped to consider the average age at a GN'R show before booking him? It's just bizarre.

I know GNR are trying to attract a younger fan base but please don't insult us by having Skrillex (male or female?)as an opener. Some of the band members may know or like him/her, but he/she is not what GNR fans are paying to see. If we want to see that shit we would pay much lower prices and go see hundreds of other DJs do the exact same shit on their laptops and iPads.

18 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

Can't speak for Chris Stapleton, but Billy Talent are an exceptionally poor band and choice of opener.

Skrillex is the one that's left me scratching my head. Has anyone stopped to consider the average age at a GN'R show before booking him? It's just bizarre.

Maybe Houston isn't selling well and they think Skrillex can move a few thousand tickets? The TO show sold out quickly so it didn't matter who the opener was though I'm surprised it's not Ontario boy Baz.

On May 26, 2016 at 1:34 AM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Foo fighters and killers are bigger bands than GNR though. Gnr should open for them.

I can't believe they're leaving it this late to tell people. The shambolic management prevails. 

If by bigger you mean more "popular"... sure. But I doubt either band would say they were "bigger" than GNR. These guys are fucking legends.

Just now, darkknite63 said:

I know GNR are trying to attract a younger fan base but please don't insult us by having Skrillex (male or female?)as an opener. Some of the band members may know or like him/her, but he/she is not what GNR fans are paying to see. If we want to see that shit we would pay much lower prices and go see hundreds of other DJs do the exact same shit on their laptops and iPads.

We have fake country musicians so why not transexual DJ's who don't even play an instrument? In 2016, ANYTHING GOES.

Edited by Nintari

why even have an opener if this is what they are choosing? I do not see any benefit whatsoever. Most of their fans probably hate GNR and will not buy tickets. They probably can't even afford it.

I don't even know any of these acts. They better choose a real band for the west coast shows.

So far The Cult is the only real artist.

• Like 1