More Openers Announced!

1 minute ago, gt72 said:

Seen The Struts open for Motley Crue in late December and I thought they sounded good live.

So are these guys considered hard rock these days? (I know nothing about them yet.) I'm damn glad we got Alice Cooper at the Crue show I went to though! :lol:

Just now, Fitha_whiskey said:

So are these guys considered hard rock these days? (I know nothing about them yet.) I'm damn glad we got Alice Cooper at the Crue show I went to though! :lol:

Nah, just rock. Maybe Glam-Rock or even Alt-Rock if you wanted to get specific. Give the album a listen, the Late Night Clip doesn't have best sound quality.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ironicninja said:

I've heard good things about The Struts from a variety of people so I'll go with an open mind.  But just knowing that other cities got Alice in Chains, or Lenny Kravitz.....

The Struts are a better band at the moment than either of those acts....in my opinion, maybe the second best openers on the tour after Chris Stapleton

• Like 2

If Layne Staley were still around, none of these bands come close to Alice In Chains, except GNR.  Layne is gone, but Duvall fills in admirably.  Lenny and the Cult are great also.  The rest of these artists should open for AIC, Lenny, and/or the Cult.  Not saying the other artists stink (except Skrillex which does stink), but not on same level.

Edited by BadApples87
  • Like 1

The Struts seem like the kind of band that would be infinitely better live. I like 1 or 2 of their songs, they kind of remind me a little of The Darkness (who are also awesome live by the way), I kinda wish they were opening in Seattle. I like AIC and saw them once before the Vegas shows, but they weren't nearly as good an opener as they were when I saw them headlining so I'm kinda just neutral on them as an opener this time around.

44 minutes ago, darkknite63 said:

Would anyone here like Megadeth/Metallica to open for GN'R? I think they're different style but we've had country and EDM(skrillex), so why not thrash metal. They should've had megadeth or metallica open in the bay area for them.

Metallica's not opening for anybody, these days, especially in San Francisco.  The last time they played a headlining set in San Francisco, they played in AT&T Park, this year, the same venue that GNR is doing their show in, and it was well attended.

Megadeth on the other hand.  Yeah, sure.  GNR could have made a play to get them as an opener, but I don't know if Dave Mustaine's ego would handle that.

Edited by Anguyen92

12 hours ago, tsinindy said:

The Struts are a better band at the moment than either of those acts....in my opinion, maybe the second best openers on the tour after Chris Stapleton

I agree! Chris Stapleton was the best one yet, followed by The Struts. They are truly amazing and I think they fit better as an GnR than AiC.

12 minutes ago, emybdc said:

Omg I absolutely LOVE The Struts! Wish I could be there SO bad!

I've just youtubed them and their lead singer looks absolutely crazy, he's like a Jagger/Mercury love child lol. If their music was to get a little bit heavier and edgier, I'd like them a lot. 

Ive just seen that they literally live around the corner from me! Shows how old and out of touch with the music scene I am!! :lol:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I've just youtubed them and their lead singer looks absolutely crazy, he's like a Jagger/Mercury love child lol. If their music was to get a little bit heavier and edgier, I'd like them a lot. 

Ive just seen that they literally live around the corner from me! Shows how old and out of touch with the music scene I am!! :lol:

You described him perfectly! LOL

I think their sound is really modern and really classic at the same time.

This acoustic version of their single is perfection:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Thanks for that @emybdc  I'll definitely look them up when they get back to England. They look half baked all the time :lol:

DO IT! And report back! lol I'm a little jealous cause it's gonna take a while till I get the chance to see them.

20 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Royal Blood for LA!!

That'd be awesome! They kick ass.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

They were doing a lot of drinking Jack straight out the bottle in one video I watched- I'll give em serious points for that! 

They're as rock n roll as it gets. Watch this: