More Openers Announced!

Im curious about Nashville as well...I was hoping for AIC or Lenny Kravitz and now that it's neither, I'm hoping it is someone good. I'll be happy just seeing GNR but I always look forward to a good opener.

Edited by ajdintn

7 minutes ago, ajdintn said:

Im curious about Nashville as well...I was hoping for AIC or Lenny Kravitz and now that it's neither, I'm hoping it is someone good. I'll be happy just seeing GNR but I always look forward to a good opener.

Agreed, I wouldn't be mad if there was no opener but I always enjoy seeing an opener to pump me up

12 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Foo fighters and killers are bigger bands than GNR though. Gnr should open for them.

I can't believe they're leaving it this late to tell people. The shambolic management prevails. 

No they are not lol. Killers didn't even sell out T-Mobile Arena (in their home town) with lower ticket prices and GNR sold out 2 days. They couldn't fill a stadium. Foo Fighters could but I'd say GNR right now are bigger. Foo is unrealistic. The Killers less so, they are a headliner, just at arenas. 

Edited by KiernanProud
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, GNRFan53 said:

Alter Bridge would be a HIT! I could see A7X doing the gig - them being huge GNR fans. There may be no opener at all for these shows, who knows any more.

Please no Avenged Sevenfold.. worst band I've ever seen. Sadly, I saw them 3 times as openers on the 2006 tour. 
Would prefer if they get something other than Alter Bridge as well. 

LMFAO at Killers being bigger than Guns N Roses.  Not now, not ever....well maybe during the NU Gnr era.

Foo Fighters are pretty close to being equal to GNR I suppose, so they won't be an opener.

Alter Bridge is already on tour this summer, so that rules out them, as well as Slash w/ Myles.

AXL/DC would be great, but that's too much work for Axl in one night.

My guess is either:  The Cult or Sebastian Bach.

4 minutes ago, Izzyslash said:

Please no Avenged Sevenfold.. worst band I've ever seen. Sadly, I saw them 3 times as openers on the 2006 tour. 
Would prefer if they get something other than Alter Bridge as well. 

No way! It must be you not being into modern rock. A7X has a fantastic show, superb musicianship. Not sure what went wrong with the shows you saw in 2006. Alter Bridge (soaring vocals, metal solos) need I say more?

Edited by GNRFan53

14 minutes ago, GNRFan53 said:

No way! It must be you not being into modern rock. A7X has a fantastic show, superb musicianship. Not sure what went wrong with the shows you saw in 2006. Alter Bridge (soaring vocals, metal solos) need I say more?

You are correct :) 
To me Avenged Sevenfold is "childmetal", boring emometal :P 

I not a huge fan of modern metal, but I am a huge metal fan. As for any newer metalbands opening, at least give us Mastodon. Or I would be happy with Municipal Waste, though the wrong gig for both parties. 

But if it is gonna be a metal band, why not have a classic open... Anthrax, Megadeth or even Extreme..
I would prefer a rocknroll opener for GNR though. Michael Monroe would be great :D

Edited by Izzyslash

Sebastian Bach is done playing the local bars and grills by the 1st week of June.  So, I bet heavy on him popping up on the tour for sure.

Bet on Baz and the Cult rounding things off.

Also, I expect something big to happen in LA Dodgers Stadium.  Izzy and Steve, if they ever do it, that will be the time.

Edited by BadApples87

I'm going to KC and know we are getting AIC, so I don't have a dog in the fight in this thread, but... I just seriously cannot believe anyone would want Alterbridge. My god, Myles Kennedy's voice makes me wanna put quarter sticks of dynamite in my ears and light them... I'd rather listen to cats fuck... It sucks for me, because I can't enjoy Slash's solo stuff much because of it...