More Openers Announced!

14 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I can't help but laugh everytime I see someone talking about Myles as if he was a terrible singer.

You may not like him and that's fine but there's a reason why he was chosen by Alter Bridge, Velvet Revolver, Slash AND LED FN' ZEPPELIN.

Maybe so, but I don't know what that reason is :lol:. He ain't no Bob Plant, that's for fuckin sure... But hey- you like him, and that's fine too. I don't...

4 hours ago, Izzyslash said:

You are correct :) 
To me Avenged Sevenfold is "childmetal", boring emometal :P 

I not a huge fan of modern metal, but I am a huge metal fan. As for any newer metalbands opening, at least give us Mastodon. Or I would be happy with Municipal Waste, though the wrong gig for both parties. 

But if it is gonna be a metal band, why not have a classic open... Anthrax, Megadeth or even Extreme..
I would prefer a rocknroll opener for GNR though. Michael Monroe would be great :D

Smoke Beer my friend... Smoke beer!!

My guess for Nashville...The Cadillac Three, killer band on Big Machine with Southern Rock sound, new album August 5th, and very tight with Steven Tyler! Since Nashville hasn't been announced, I can't help but think it will be someone with Nashville ties just like The Stones did last summer...

On 26/5/2016 at 1:34 AM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Foo fighters and killers are bigger bands than GNR though. Gnr should open for them.

I can't believe they're leaving it this late to tell people. The shambolic management prevails. 

Please mate, stop the drugs abusing.  Or at least stay away from the computer while youre doing that.

I've seen Buckcherry mentioned by others in these threads... Buckcherry announced their tour dates earlier and all the GNR dates after AIC is done through the Lenny Kravitz dates are free on their calendar. I guess that would make them still possible.

Edited by ajdintn

2 hours ago, ajdintn said:

I've seen Buckcherry mentioned by others in these threads... Buckcherry announced their tour dates earlier and all the GNR dates after AIC is done through the Lenny Kravitz dates are free on their calendar. I guess that would make them still possible.

I hope it's not Buckcherry, they were awful when I saw them in 2009.

• Like 3

On 5/26/2016 at 1:34 AM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Foo fighters and killers are bigger bands than GNR though. Gnr should open for them.

I can't believe they're leaving it this late to tell people. The shambolic management prevails. 

Saying that they are too big to open for GnR is one thing, and likely valid (unless they just wanted to), but to say they're bigger than GnR is false.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

I've heard rumors of slash for LA, but I would prefer that's not the case. I'd like to see Jane's Addiction open the LA shows. That would be a hell of a night (x2)

I second this...Janes would be amazing! 

7 hours ago, ajdintn said:

Buckcherry is one of the most god-awful bands on this planet.  Fuck that

• Like 1

On 26/05/2016 at 5:21 PM, Fitha_whiskey said:

I'm going to KC and know we are getting AIC, so I don't have a dog in the fight in this thread, but... I just seriously cannot believe anyone would want Alterbridge. My god, Myles Kennedy's voice makes me wanna put quarter sticks of dynamite in my ears and light them... I'd rather listen to cats fuck... It sucks for me, because I can't enjoy Slash's solo stuff much because of it...

I agree 100%. This guy's voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me. I would love to see some good Florida band open in Orlando. Shinedown would be my first choice but they are in New Orleans on that night. Tom Petty would be my second choice.

Edited by BigD62
  • Like 1