Amber Heard divorces Johnny Depp

5 minutes ago, netcat said:

this is my favorite! there was a study suggesting that people with victim blaming type of thinking are usually those who believe that the world is just, life is fair, all noble actions will be rewarded and all evil actions will be punished bla-bla-bla kind of stuff. they always have the reason to explain why shit happens. and if they can't find it, they just make it up. she was wearing a mini-burka, you know, so she totally provoked it!! for them it's like a defence mechanism, preserving the status quo and letting them keep thier sanity. so this maybe even worse than your usual sexism :lol:

Precisely what i was getting at!  You see it a lot around here regarding Axl and his alleged infractions regarding the ladies.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Precisely what i was getting at!  You see it a lot around here regarding Axl and his alleged infractions regarding the ladies.

twice as funny when it's performed by women. they probaby think "he would never do it to me. i'm a good person. i wash my hands every time before eating!!" :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, netcat said:

twice as funny when it's performed by women. they probaby think "he would never do it to me. i'm a good person. i wash my hands every time before eating!!" :lol:

See THAT shit to me is frightening.  Was reading the paper this morning, online paper, and Johnny boy had been playing some gig and this girl was holding a placard that read 'Johnny, my heart is BEATING for you' with this enamoured look on her face and its like, did you write that deliberately?!?  And in the lower comments section was just one post by a Lindsay Depp that read 'that bitch whore bisexual lesbian tramp, she was never good enough for my darling Johnny!'.  It leaves me wondering how some people were raised, it really does.

I mean I'm a fan of lots of people that have done fucked up shit but i consider them cunts for those things, how does one make the leap between someone being adept at playing pretend to them being infallible?  I mean thats basically it, isnt it, he pretends to be other people well.  Now theatre and cinema are the world to me but i still haven't managed that leap, not about Brando, not Olivier, not anyone.

3 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

And in the lower comments section was just one post by a Lindsay Depp that read 'that bitch whore bisexual lesbian tramp, she was never good enough for my darling Johnny!'.  It leaves me wondering how some people were raised, it really does.

There are weird crazy people out there, mostly all youtube comments are insane, even if the video is about a table, they will fucking bring in religion and god knows what shit and fight lol 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

There are weird crazy people out there, mostly all youtube comments are insane, even if the video is about a table, they will fucking bring in religion and god knows what shit and fight lol 

The good Lord would not suffer such a card table to live!  I mean just look at that green cloth, its almost like they dont want the cards to slide off, fucking heathens! :lol:

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

See THAT shit to me is frightening.  Was reading the paper this morning, online paper, and Johnny boy had been playing some gig and this girl was holding a placard that read 'Johnny, my heart is BEATING for you' with this enamoured look on her face and its like, did you write that deliberately?!?  And in the lower comments section was just one post by a Lindsay Depp that read 'that bitch whore bisexual lesbian tramp, she was never good enough for my darling Johnny!'.  It leaves me wondering how some people were raised, it really does.

it's a flip side of that "world is a fair place" shit, isn't it? My favorite actor is just and righteous, he can do no wrong. also to my observation, some women still have that so called "victim mentality". they think they deserve being mistreated. i have read the article about some muslim country, i don't remember which one, but it said that every third woman was a victim of domestic violence and at the same time every third woman approves domestic violence  :rofl-lol:

Edited by netcat

31 minutes ago, netcat said:

it's a flip side of that "world is a fair place" shit, isn't it? My favorite actor is just and righteous, he can do no wrong. also to my observation, some women still have that so called "victim mentality". they think they deserve being mistreated. i have read the article about some muslim country, i don't remember which one, but it said that every third woman was a victim of domestic violence and at the same time every third woman approves domestic violence  :rofl-lol:

I have first hand experience of such mentalities unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Len B'stard said:

I mean I'm a fan of lots of people that have done fucked up shit but i consider them cunts for those things, how does one make the leap between someone being adept at playing pretend to them being infallible?  I mean thats basically it, isnt it, he pretends to be other people well.  Now theatre and cinema are the world to me but i still haven't managed that leap, not about Brando, not Olivier, not anyone.

People are so willing to believe their favourite artists aren't capable of being different from their public personas, or try to make excuses for it. In a world where Chris Brown still has fans, and the movie industry values the 'art' of Woody Allen or Roman Polanski over their personal actions... I wish I could say I'm surprised at the reaction to the abuse in this case. People (also Johnny's reps) using Amber's bisexuality to push the agenda that the was 'unfaithful' for simply having female friends etc. is just proof of how deep they'll bury their heads in sand to cape for people like Depp. 

I would be a bit more forgiving to those saying "let's not take sides" if they weren't the same people who were pre-judging her and calling her a gold-digger before the abuse allegations were made public. That argument only seems to come in to play when being used to defend the person they want, in this case Johnny. I mean, wtf is this?

CjjRaGiXIAIwr98.jpg

Edited by toroymoi
  • Like 2

Just now, Len B'stard said:

I dont agree that the validity of Woody Allen or Roman Polanskis work is cancelled out by their being cunts, i think it just makes them cunts who make good films, if its true.  Same for Johnny, same for Axl (songs in Axls case).

I just meant that in general, the movie industry and some of the public would and are willingly looking past their crimes to praise them. You can enjoy their art, and unless their personal self is a part of the art, I can sometimes enjoy it separate from them myself. 

My problem is the people who believe people like Woody or Polanski couldn't possibly be what they're accused of because their art is so great, or are willing to push those accusations to the side because of the art. I mean, I enjoy The Pianist as a piece of cinema, but I'd much prefer that film was never made if it meant Polanski was brought to justice.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

I dont agree that the validity of Woody Allen or Roman Polanskis work is cancelled out by their being cunts, i think it just makes them cunts who make good films, if its true.  Same for Johnny, same for Axl (songs in Axls case).

Why, what has Woody Allen done wrong?

1 minute ago, Len B'stard said:

I dont recall the details to be honest, something about noncing, marrying his exes daughter, dont quote me on that, i really dont recall.

Well, marrying someone who is the step-daughter of your ex girlfriend is not exactly the worst crime in the world! As for the noncing part, all investigations done, conducted by the state, showed that there was no case to answer and that the child appeared coerced by Mia Farrow. Polanski, on the otherhand....!

5 hours ago, netcat said:

this is my favorite! there was a study suggesting that people with victim blaming type of thinking are usually those who believe that the world is just, life is fair, all noble actions will be rewarded and all evil actions will be punished bla-bla-bla kind of stuff. they always have the reason to explain why shit happens. and if they can't find it, they just make it up. she was wearing a mini-burka, you know, so she totally provoked it!! for them it's like a defence mechanism, preserving the status quo and letting them keep thier sanity. so this maybe even worse than your usual sexism :lol:

I find it funny seeing people who are proud of being atheist and make fun of religious people for believing in God etc., but then when something bad happens to someone they don't like they go "KARMA!"

:facepalm:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Amir said:

I find it funny seeing people who are proud of being atheist and make fun of religious people for believing in God etc., but then when something bad happens to someone they don't like they go "KARMA!"

:facepalm:

Yeah, but karma, at its most fundamental, is just the belief that actions have consequences and people tend to subscribe to it as a coping mechanism through their cognitive bias.

3 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

Yeah, but karma, at its most fundamental, is just the belief that actions have consequences and people tend to subscribe to it as a coping mechanism through their cognitive bias.

"It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It’s us. Only us."

1 minute ago, Amir said:

"It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It’s us. Only us."

I can make the philosophical argument that God is directly responsible for all of the misery in the world if you really want me to. :lol:

3 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

I can make the philosophical argument that God is directly responsible for all of the misery in the world if you really want me to. :lol:

Would be happy to hear it :) 

10 minutes ago, Amir said:

Would be happy to hear it :) 

God is omnipotent and omniscient, so when he created the Garden of Eden he knew that Adam would partake of the apple and he knew that he would curse all of mankind with sin. Knowing that all humans, from that point on, would be sinners would in turn mean that he would know that we would all sin and that part of sin is the suffering. If people were lifted from the burdens that being sinners entails then there would be no suffering here on earth, but by allowing it God is directly responsible for the misery that is occurring. The counterpoint is that we have freewill, but our freewill leads us to temptation and sin because of God's plan.

Edited by PappyTron