Am I the only GNR fan that has zero interest in AC/DC?

Towelie

Do you like AC/DC and how do you feel about Axl being in the band?  

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What Axl is doing with AC/DC blows away the Guns N' Roses "reunion"..  I have watched countless videos and Axl sounds killer on the AC/DC songs. I prefer him to Brian Johnson most of the time to be honest. I can hardly make it through a whole GnR Reunion video. At least the ones that are worth watching all the way through are very far and few between.

On a side note.. With one original member left I don't really consider it AC/DC.. But it sounds great.

I just makes me wonder how awesome the reunion could have been if Axl sounded this good and the band played the songs as good as they used to. The band playing the songs great/good/right was supposed to be the easy part.....

• Like 1

No, you're not. I don't give a shit about it either and I haven't checked any of the videos or anything related to that shit at all. Yes, I totally agree, GNR or fuck off. Why the fuck would I care about the frontman of the best band in the world singing with some fucking ACDC. And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. 

• Like 1

I don't know if you're the only one but a lot of people are interested and I personally want Axl to continue with AC/DC because he's having the time of his life, his voice is perfect and this level of success needs to be enjoyed and trapped right now. It won't repeat.

As for GN'R reunion I'm bored out of it already. Slash is an awesome guitarist but his lack of chemistry with Axl made me want to have Ashba back :wow: (j/k)
No, really, maybe it's because Axl was all the time in the throne? But so he was with AC/DC in the beginning and the difference between those shows and GN'R ones is abyssmal. Don't know why!

There's something about the GNR reunion that doesn't work right in my eyes. It's boring, it's the same old songs and the same old drama.

No interviews, photos of them together are thrown to us like bones to annoying dogs, the lack of cohesion and chemistry between the band members is depressing. I don't wanna see it, but I will go to a show or two because it's mandatory for a fan like me. I'd just rather attend AXL/DC, to be honest.

If you compare how things developed so far we have on one fence: AXL/DC with interviews for the web, radio, magazines, web clips, a little clip before every show, official pictures of the band as in a photography session (not only on stage like GN'R), incredible shows, band members being accessible to fans, taking pictures and signing stuff, Axl tweeting about the shows, being happy.

The other fence: GN'R with zero interviews, zero official pictures of the band together in a proper photography studio, the video clips appeared like a month after the shows :facepalm:, the official fan club vanished for like 2 months just when the first reunion shows happened :facepalm:, Axl didn't tweet shit during those shows, Slash and Duff went in mute mode and I've yet to see one picture of any of the band members with a fan. It was all stupid Victoria Secret models meeting Axl, brazilian models meeting Axl, Nur Khan, Fergie, Stallone and a bunch of posers the ones who could access the band instead of the real fans who stuck with them throughout the fuckin' shit.... so yes, I'm way more interested in a band that actually cares about their fans and puts them in the center of their universe, as it always should be.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Asia said:

No, you're not. I don't give a shit about it either and I haven't checked any of the videos or anything related to that shit at all. Yes, I totally agree, GNR or fuck off. Why the fuck would I care about the frontman of the best band in the world singing with some fucking ACDC. And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. 

It would be nice to see you in the Axl/DC section. Give the man a listen - you might be pleasantly surprised at the possibilities things hold for GN'R.

Edited by The Archer

26 minutes ago, The Archer said:

It would be nice to see you in the Axl/DC section. Give the man a listen - you might be pleasantly surprised at the possibilities things hold for GN'R.

I guess I'll let myself be pleasantly surprised during the GNR tour, if there's anything to be pleasantly surprised about. At least I won't be pissed if it occurs that he sings worse with GNR ;-) 

I guess I've really had enough of Axl + other people in the last twenty something years. I only care about Axl with Slash and Duff at this point and what they can do together as GNR. :-) 

Love ACDC but hope Axl returns and kills it with GNR.

This whole thing actually has me feeling like I'm in The Truman Show though.  Hadn't thought about GNR much since college (90s), but less than two years ago I caught Duff on a Dr Phil rerun which prompted me check out his first book (volume of booze he claimed to drink while 'cutting back' piqued my curiosity) .  While/after reading it I developed full on obsession getting into GNR, between tracking down all catalog and listening almost daily, youtube interviews and concerts, other books, and this place.  I learned that an axl/slash reunion would never happen.  Then sure enough it does right after I'm invested (and was even fortunate to make  both Vegas shows).  Twilight Zone again with the whole ACDC thing as they are my lifelong favorite band (though now rivaled by guns) and Axl now my rekindled/new found favorite singer.  I feel like someone has been creating dreams for me and then making them come true.  

But I def want Axl back with guns.  And new music.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

how ? they even are not the biggest band in australia :D

With proper apologies to all the very patriotic and proud Aussies in the forum and everywhere else, they are not really an 'Australian' band, and definitely not one of any number of 'local' Australian acts whose sales figures or concert draws can be tallied up for the prize of 'biggest band in Australia'. Sure, the band was founded in Australia and had its early run there. But the only long running member who was born in Australia was Phill Rudd and he's no longer in the band. I think it would be more accurate to term AC/DC as an Anglo-Australian band (there have been wikipedia edit wars over that term) because most of the bands members were born in Britain and spent at least a few years there before moving to Australia. Most of the significant replacements to the 'original' or 'classic' (gotta be careful using those terms on a GN'R forum ;)) AC/DC line ups were British as well, with Axl being a notable exception. The band got its first breaks in the UK as well and its sound was most heavily influenced by classic era American Rock N' Roll bands and some British Rock bands as well.  The band doesn't record anymore in Australia either and haven't for a long time and most of the band have lived most of their lives in the UK and the US.

While I certainly don't have any issue with the Australians 'claiming'  AC/DC or being fiercely proud of them and thinking of AC/DC as an Australian export, AC/DC is more than just 'Australian' - they belong to us all!

• Like 2

I think the whole thing is stupid. GNR reunited (sort of) and then he runs off and plays with AC/DC just as they were hitting their stride after the first few shows. Having the tour months after the initial "reunion" is stupid. It takes the momentum out of it. And the only reason its months after is so he can play with AC/DC. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Archer said:

With proper apologies to all the very patriotic and proud Aussies in the forum and everywhere else, they are not really an 'Australian' band, and definitely not one of any number of 'local' Australian acts whose sales figures or concert draws can be tallied up for the prize of 'biggest band in Australia'. Sure, the band was founded in Australia and had its early run there. But the only long running member who was born in Australia was Phill Rudd and he's no longer in the band. I think it would be more accurate to term AC/DC as an Anglo-Australian band (there have been wikipedia edit wars over that term) because most of the bands members were born in Britain and spent at least a few years there before moving to Australia. Most of the significant replacements to the 'original' or 'classic' (gotta be careful using those terms on a GN'R forum ;)) AC/DC line ups were British as well, with Axl being a notable exception. The band got its first breaks in the UK as well and its sound was most heavily influenced by classic era American Rock N' Roll bands and some British Rock bands as well.  The band doesn't record anymore in Australia either and haven't for a long time and most of the band have lived most of their lives in the UK and the US.

While I certainly don't have any issue with the Australians 'claiming'  AC/DC or being fiercely proud of them and thinking of AC/DC as an Australian export, AC/DC is more than just 'Australian' - they belong to us all!

Everyone in Australia is from Britain: they are all British convicts!

I see Bon fronted AC/DC as the archetypical 'Aussie' band: beer slugging, ute driving, jeans wearing, a vague element of criminality (Bon). They are the band, Dennis Lillee, Alf Stewart (if he was a bit younger) or Joe Mangel would - and probably did - listen to. I mean look at this,

Aussie as it gets, floating down Melbourne.

They did however become less Aussie with Brian, more international and arena/stadium toting; part of the reason for this was their growing international succession.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Was never an AC/DC fan, the only song I've heard from their catalog prior to Axl/DC was Back in Black. Naturally I went to check them out once knowing Axl was preparing to tour with them and I found that I like many of their songs (esp Thunderstruck) as they are quite easy to listen to.

That being said after  a while I find they sound more or less the same now LOL....and while I appreciate this collab has somewhat showcased the best out of Axl that we had been missing all these years -- his voice, his new humble self, being very fan friendly, etc... it's starting to wear off to me and I have to admit after a few shows of Axl/DC I'm not as excited anymore to check out the new vids and I can't wait for the summer Guns tour. I do hope he carries the positive vibes he's having with this AC/DC stint back to Guns and does an ever better job there (purely my dreams).

15 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Everyone in Australia is from Britain: they are all British convicts!

I see Bon fronted AC/DC as the archetypical 'Aussie' band: beer slugging, ute driving, jeans wearing, a vague element of criminality (Bon). They are the band, Dennis Lillee, Alf Stewart (if he was a bit younger) or Joe Mangel would - and probably did - listen to. I mean look at this,

Aussie as it gets, floating down Melbourne.

They did however become less Aussie with Brian, more international and arena/stadium toting; part of the reason for this was their growing international succession.

HaHa! I know! But bear with me and just run over these facts - Angus and Malcolm moved from Scotland to Oz when they were 8 and 10 and their older brother George who produced their first few albums was 17 at the time. Their oldest brother was 30, and Stevie, who is his son, was 7. Bon's real name was Ronald and the reason he got his nickname was  when he arrived in Oz from Scotland, he had a very strong Scottish accent that he couldn't get rid of, and the Aussie kids would make fun of him and call him Bonnie Scott. The band effectively left Oz in '76. Even in that video of them playing IALWTTT(IYWRNR), they are paying bagpipes :lol:.Only Malcolm even lives in Oz anymore and even Rudd lives in New Zealand. Brian is half Italian but he was born in England and is thoroughly Geordie. Cliff and Slade are as English as they come too. Brian and Cliff live in the US and Angus lives in the Netherlands. The band records in Canada.

So, I'd say a band like Airbourne whose members were all born and grew up in Oz and is based there, is more thoroughly Australian than AC/DC.

Edited by The Archer

I was horrified to hear axl was taking on the acdc thing because 1) I didn't think he could pull off vocally 2) acdc fans would boo him crazy and he'd go into a depression and hide away 3) it detracts from my ultimate want for new original gnr material

but holy shit I've been blown away by his performances. It will be interesting to see if it carries over into gnr momentum. 

But I downloaded some acdc. Only ever liked a few songs but I'm digging it enough until gnr is back on track 

• Like 1

I like AC/DC, i have most of their albums, had tickets to see them in 2010 but ended up not being able to go. 

I didn't bother with their 2015 UK dates, even though it was easy enough to get tickets. 

I didn't know anything about their cancelled tour and Brian's hearing problems until they started linking in with Axl though. I wouldn't be following them now if he wasn't there. 

• Like 1

On 2016. 05. 26. at 5:37 PM, Towelie said:

I haven't even checked out any of the videos of Axl's performances, such is my lack of enthusiasm for all things AC/DC.

Surely I can't be the only GNR fan who has zero interest in AC/DC? I really hope once Axl finishes the dates he has with them, that it will mark the end of his association with that band. I kind of feel as if the whole GNR reunion has been such a damp squib. I didn't wait 23 years to see Slash and Axl to play together again, only for Axl to bugger off and play with AC/DC.

This is the least interested I've been following Axl Rose since I became a fan.

Yes I love AC/DC and Axl singing for them is a dream

i just wish that if he wouldn't release any new music with GNR, then bring in his AXL DC form on the GNR shows till they finish this semi reunion World Tour, then call it a day and join  AC/DC for full time (new music etc.)

For me, these gigs feels like new music from him and i've enjoyed my AXL DC gig more than any GNR gig i've ever been to so far (06,10)

That being said, have zero interest in this is your choice but then again i don't really understand, if you follow him for years why quit when he is on his best since the 90's? I mean he is legitimately better now than ANY of the 2000-2014 shows

This little "side gig" got me excited about Axl Rose which have not been happened since 2010 and i've been pretty critical from 2011 onwards and thought that he is done for good

Edited by Strange Broue
  • Like 2

I consider ACDC a shitty band. They do have about 5 to 6 cool rock songs, but that's the most I can tolerate from the genre. Rock n' roll songs that talk about rock n' roll are really not my thing. The fact they are a sacred entity in Brazil along with LZ, PF, Maiden etc makes them even more unlikeable for me. I mean, these bands are not above criticism and do have many horrid albums and songs.

Axl joining them is interesting, of course but nah, it didn't change my life one bit.

2016 is the best year for GNR since 1993 and I can't wait for the rest of the tour. I must admit though that I think Axl is a little overweight still and he's hiding behind those giant sunglasses, jackets and hats again. He should've lost weight and work even harder on his vocals. Yeah, you can call me demading or a hater or whatever but I still think Axl isn't good enough, vocally, visually and mentally.

22 minutes ago, maynard said:

I consider ACDC a shitty band. They do have about 5 to 6 cool rock songs, but that's the most I can tolerate from the genre. Rock n' roll songs that talk about rock n' roll are really not my thing. The fact they are a sacred entity in Brazil along with LZ, PF, Maiden etc makes them even more unlikeable for me. I mean, these bands are not above criticism and do have many horrid albums and songs.

Axl joining them is interesting, of course but nah, it didn't change my life one bit.

2016 is the best year for GNR since 1993 and I can't wait for the rest of the tour. I must admit though that I think Axl is a little overweight still and he's hiding behind those giant sunglasses, jackets and hats again. He should've lost weight and work even harder on his vocals. Yeah, you can call me demading or a hater or whatever but I still think Axl isn't good enough, vocally, visually and mentally.

you forgot the same old "fat, shit" remarks that bacardi is using nowadays

But one thing is certain: Axl is definitely more interested in AC/DC than his own thing. The GNR shows since the semi reunion pale in comparison to the AXL/DC gigs so far

Edited by Strange Broue

1 hour ago, maynard said:

Yeah, you can call me demading or a hater or whatever but I still think Axl isn't good enough, vocally, visually and mentally.

What's wrong with him mentally? :D Oh, he isn't acting bat shit crazy, is respectful, starts the shows on time, and seems to be enjoying himself?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

What's wrong with him mentally? :D Oh, he isn't acting bat shit crazy, is respectful, starts the shows on time, and seems to be enjoying himself?

I think he still feels very insecure about his image, that's why he keeps hiding practically his entire body on stage. Of course it could be only a case of rock n' roll eccentrism...

This new nice guy Axl obviously shows he has matured a lot and seems to be in a peaceful place right now. I just think the whole 'disguised' look should stay in the NuGNR era, same goes for Slash and his tophat glued to his head. :)