Am I the only GNR fan that has zero interest in AC/DC?

Towelie

Do you like AC/DC and how do you feel about Axl being in the band?  

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I haven't even checked out any of the videos of Axl's performances, such is my lack of enthusiasm for all things AC/DC.

Surely I can't be the only GNR fan who has zero interest in AC/DC? I really hope once Axl finishes the dates he has with them, that it will mark the end of his association with that band. I kind of feel as if the whole GNR reunion has been such a damp squib. I didn't wait 23 years to see Slash and Axl to play together again, only for Axl to bugger off and play with AC/DC.

This is the least interested I've been following Axl Rose since I became a fan.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

AC DC are rock legends. Love their tunes and Axl is doing a great job you should really check out some of the videos. That being said, I'd rather see gnr move forward and release some music than have Axl spend all his energy fronting that band. He stepped in and helped out so the show could go on. After that's done I'd like to see him do some things with gnr.

• Like 2

Do something else then. It is between the warm up shows in April and the main Not In This Lifetime summer leg, so it is not affecting GN'R (unless against all likelihood they are were planning to make new music instead of milking that good old reliable cash cow). 90% of stuff after the Back in Black album is forgettable IMO, but it is great to see Axl killing it vocally again. You may not care about shows and that is to be expexted if you don't care about AC/DC, but if he brings this level of performance to the summer GN'R gigs, it will only be a good thing. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I wouldn't say I have zero interest in it (I did go to the concert after all and had a great time and everything), but I hope after this tour is over it's the end of the whole Axl/DC thing. I want all the focus on GnR. And preferably new music while we're at it (one can dream, right?)

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 2

Never been an AC/DC fan but got used/know almost their whole catalog cause my family loves 'em, its being pretty interesting to get their reactions from Axl/DC as more vids they see. 
They were all skeptical at first, I was skeptical myself but everyone got surprised by what Axl is doing over there, vocal and behavior.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I love a bit of Acca Dacca and was won over by the quality of Axl's vocals, so first category. With Guns I just think all the bullshit over the years has made me too cynical to ever find much there of interest beyond comedy.

For your post count + time active, you must have some interest in GNR beyond comedy, at least one would think so.

I am about as interested in AXL/DC as I am in neoGuns playing nostagia shows -- not very much. I was never a big fan of AC/DC but this development has made me listen more to them. Which is a good thing. Excited to see Axl killing it, happy for him and the improvement this brings to his reputation. But hoping he will return to GN'R as soon as posisble and focus on new music.

17 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Have you seen how much of my posting consists of me talking to myself about cricket?

Hahaha, whatever the fact, you're doing it on a GNR forum. You could do this miscellaneous talk on a site like Reddit. The conclusion is, you are here - so you are undoubtedly interested in GNR beyond comedy. :headbang:

1 minute ago, GNRFan53 said:

Hahaha, whatever the fact, you're doing it on a GNR forum. You could do this miscellaneous talk on a site like Reddit. The conclusion is, you are here - so you are undoubtedly interested in GNR beyond comedy. :headbang:

No. It is all about the comedy.

GNR is like car crash television: you want to look away but can't.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

No. It is all about the comedy.

GNR is like car crash television: you want to look away but can't.

So for the purposes of what is known as 'Tragicomedy'. I can't argue. Pass the witness. 

It seems Axl will do whatever it takes to fuck up GNR. The big 3 are together again and he wants to save ACDC from their bad situation. Maybe he will learn how to properly run a band by being around them......but I doubt it. I do enjoy hearing him sing Acdc tunes though.

The GNR "reunion" is not going the way I would have ever imagined. I think the Axl/DC thing has ruined it a little bit. When none of the band mates are even allowed to open their mouths and Axl is all vocal and happy about AC instead of doing press with Guns, it dampens the whole thing. I also do not like the fact that he is willing to become a full member of ACDC if Angus accepts.  Anybody who thinks he will be a 2 band frontman is dreaming. I hope Brian recovers enough to be able to rejoin the band.

some of the stadium dates are not selling. That would not be the case if he did a little publicity with his band.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

I haven't even checked out any of the videos of Axl's performances, such is my lack of enthusiasm for all things AC/DC.

Surely I can't be the only GNR fan who has zero interest in AC/DC? I really hope once Axl finishes the dates he has with them, that it will mark the end of his association with that band. I kind of feel as if the whole GNR reunion has been such a damp squib. I didn't wait 23 years to see Slash and Axl to play together again, only for Axl to bugger off and play with AC/DC.

This is the least interested I've been following Axl Rose since I became a fan.

https://youtu.be/6qtoOZ8B1mg

heres some catching up for you. If you're a fan of Axl's then you'll enjoy the fact that he has so much left in the tank as he has demonstrated with ACDCthus far. 

• Like 1

Okay, so I couldn't vote for anything. I don't LOVE AC/DC but I can't say that they wouldn't interest me at all. I think they're an okay rock band and with Axl on board I think they could be great. But of course I want Axl to focus on GNR too.

It would be a dream if Axl could be the lead singer of AC/DC, without having to sacrifice anything GNR related. It would be double the fun. Great new rock records and rock shows from both AC/DC and GNR.

But If I have to choose either one, of course I want him to focus on GNR.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I love a bit of Acca Dacca and was won over by the quality of Axl's vocals, so first category. With Guns I just think all the bullshit over the years has made me too cynical to ever find much there of interest beyond comedy.

Yet you have over 15,000 posts in a GnR forum...

sorry I wrote that before I saw further comments.  So no need to get all hot and bothered :)

Edited by tsinindy