Angus on Axl: ‘He’s Doing Very Well’

I've enjoyed the hell out AXL/DC. If they do something else I'll take it. I love GNR and I'm down with the reunion thing, but whatever it takes to get Axl lit. Seems like his heart is in it right now, that's a good thing. Motivated Axl can be great for either band.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, J Dog said:

I've enjoyed the hell out AXL/DC. If they do something else I'll take it. I love GNR and I'm down with the reunion thing, but whatever it takes to get Axl lit. Seems like his heart is in it right now, that's a good thing. Motivated Axl can be great for either band.

I've enjoyed it too. Mostly because Axl sounds great on songs we've never heard him sing before. 

If there's new Axl/DC songs recorded, I'm sure I'll love them too.

But Axl is GnR, and he spent 20 years trying to convince us of that. Now we got a new era dawning, and I want that to kick ass.

I'd like his efforts going forward with new music to be with GnR. Who knows what's gonna happen, but I'm gonna be bummed if GnR is abandoned for Axl/DC. I feel like he wants to give the finger again to Slash. I hope I'm wrong...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Axl has like 4 albums shelved in the vault, but none of those clowns around him have motivated him enough to want to show the world his music, so he's gonna save it for now.

Slash is an idiot and Izzy has done nothing but being passive agressive from his Twitter account.

I'm so glad Axl is pushing it hard to get into AC/DC and record an album, because probably that's the only way we're gonna get to listen to Axl's recorded voice in this decade.

Izzy has released more than 10 albums in the last 25 years. They rock. I wanna thank you for letting me know that I should judge Izzy by his twitter account!

Slash has released Snakepit, VR and solo albums. Some of his songs are great, some are not, but all of them have something good or great on it -- a riff, a lick, a solo... I wanna thank you for explaining to me that Slash is an idiot. This is precious info!

Axl has released one album in 25 years. Was it the US Government that didnt allow Axl to release any more stuff?? Was it the FBI? The IRS? The clowns around him? The idiots? People with twitter accounts?  

:rofl-lol:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I've enjoyed it too. Mostly because Axl sounds great on songs we've never heard him sing before. 

If there's new Axl/DC songs recorded, I'm sure I'll love them too.

But Axl is GnR, and he spent 20 years trying to convince us of that. Now we got a new era dawning, and I want that to kick ass.

I'd like his efforts going forward with new music to be with GnR. Who knows what's gonna happen, but I'm gonna be bummed if GnR is abandoned for Axl/DC. I feel like he wants to give the finger again to Slash. I hope I'm wrong...

you could also say that axl has spent the last 20 years playing with "really talented and professional and hard working" musicians that never had and never will have anything to do with GNR and despite playing GNR songs note by note were never able to replicate or duplicate GNR

9 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

Izzy has released more than 10 albums in the last 25 years. They rock. I wanna thank you for letting me know that I should judge Izzy by his twitter account!

Slash has released Snakepit, VR and solo albums. Some of his songs are great, some are not, but all of them have something good or great on it -- a riff, a lick, a solo... I wanna thank you for explaining to me that Slash is an idiot. This is precious info!

Axl has released one album in 25 years. Was it the US Government that didnt allow Axl to release any more stuff?? Was it the FBI? The IRS? The clowns around him? The idiots? People with twitter accounts?  

I wasn't talking about their solo careers, you fool. I was talking about them as people.

Izzy opened a Twitter account to bitch about how he's not part of the "reunion". Posted You Tube videos of peruvian guy impersonating Axl and other passive-aggressive messages to show his discomfort with the whole GN'R thing.

Couldn't care less about Slash awful albums. He's an idiot for being back to Gn'R and acting like an emo kid on stage, not giving Axl the time of day. No wonder why Axl's gone to find love somewhere else :max:

I don't know why Axl hasn't released anything after Chinese Democracy. But he did mention having material worth of 3-4 albums and I believe him. And I never implied he didn't do this because of Slash or Izzy or Duff.

However, Slash, Duff and Izzy and Steven ARE PRETTY MUCH TO BLAME for the demise of Guns N' Roses in the mid-90s.

21 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

you could also say that axl has spent the last 20 years playing with "really talented and professional and hard working" musicians that never had and never will have anything to do with GNR and despite playing GNR songs note by note were never able to replicate or duplicate GNR

Well, I agree somewhat. Although eventually the CD era grew on me. 

However, I had hopes that getting back together with Slash n Duff would move the needle in another direction. I never dreamed that direction would be ACDC...,

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I wasn't talking about their solo careers, you fool. I was talking about them as people.

Izzy opened a Twitter account to bitch about how he's not part of the "reunion". Posted You Tube videos of peruvian guy impersonating Axl and other passive-aggressive messages to show his discomfort with the whole GN'R thing.

Couldn't care less about Slash awful albums. He's an idiot for being back to Gn'R and acting like an emo kid on stage, not giving Axl the time of day. No wonder why Axl's gone to find love somewhere else :max:

I don't know why Axl hasn't released anything after Chinese Democracy. But he did mention having material worth of 3-4 albums and I believe him. And I never implied he didn't do this because of Slash or Izzy or Duff.

However, Slash, Duff and Izzy and Steven ARE PRETTY MUCH TO BLAME for the demise of Guns N' Roses in the mid-90s.

Wasnt Izzy Twitter just to explain to everyone that he was not part of the April threeunion shows? Wasnt Izzy just having a laugh by posting that Axl-impersonator video? I really didnt realise that those twitters were all part of a passive-agressive strategy -- to destroy the threeunion! Oh, I also missed the posts were Izzy bitches about not being part of the threeunion. Can you show me those? I have never seen them!

Wow, what about Slash? So much new info! I learned on the lst post that he is an idiot AND NOW I have learned that he acts like an emo kid onstage, not giving Axl the time of the day! Wow! How can Slash ever do that? Axl gave Slash nothing but love for the last 25 years and thats how Slash pays Axl back? Unbelievable! Shouldnt Slash be smiling and laughing and giving love to Axl during the shows? I tell you... If Slash doesnt get his shit together and start doing that soon, Axl will look for love somewhere else!

Oh, and last, YES, we all know that Izzy, Steven, Slash and Duff were to blame whatever happened to GNR! Thats OLD news. You dont need to tell me that! Everything that we know about it points for that OBVIOUS conclusion! For example, how could Axl stand Izzy trying to turn GNR into some sort of Nine Inch Nails-Elton John hybrid? You wonder how Axl was affected by all that Izzy passive-agressive nonsense! And what about Slash getting onstage 2 or 3 hours late? Can you imagine Axl and the boys waiting backstage and getting nervous and nervous... And what about Steven? That drummer guy forced the band to spend millions of dollars on those Trilogy videos! How could Steven ever do that to GNR, I mean, to Axl? And we can not forget about all those crazy riots caused by Mr. Duff Mckagan! Case closed!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Oh so other guys destroyed GNR not Axl? Wow that is something new, how is possible that everybody who left GNR hated Axl for so many years but they all were great friends Slash, Duff and Matt made new band and that shows who is to blame here, everybody left because Axl was biggest douchebag in rock history and that is fact. And you who are happy that Axl want's to stay in AC/DC and make record with them is fucking moron and should be on AC/DC forum not here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ludurigan said:

Wasnt Izzy Twitter just to explain to everyone that he was not part of the April threeunion shows? Wasnt Izzy just having a laugh by posting that Axl-impersonator video? I really didnt realise that those twitters were all part of a passive-agressive strategy -- to destroy the threeunion! Oh, I also missed the posts were Izzy bitches about not being part of the threeunion. Can you show me those? I have never seen them!

Who needed any explanation from him? The press release CLEARLY said it was a regrouping of Axl, Slash and Duff. Period. He just wanted to butt in to involve himself when no one asked anything.

I dont know if he was laughing while watching Peruvian Axl. I wasn't there with him.

Of course you didn't realize about the passive-aggressive strategy. That's why its called passive-aggressive :facepalm:

Wow, what about Slash? So much new info! I learned on the lst post that he is an idiot AND NOW I have learned that he acts like an emo kid onstage, not giving Axl the time of the day! Wow! How can Slash ever do that? Axl gave Slash nothing but love for the last 25 years and thats how Slash pays Axl back? Unbelievable! Shouldnt Slash be smiling and laughing and giving love to Axl during the shows? I tell you... If Slash doesnt get his shit together and start doing that soon, Axl will look for love somewhere else!

Neither of them gave love to each other for the last 25 years but if they agreed to work together again and "let the bygones be bygone" (at least for 2 straight hours every other day) then I expect that bag of hair to be nicer to Axl onstage, instead of a dead lazy plant who can't wait for the show to end so he can get the fuck off.

Yeah. He's found love in Angus now. And they're doing amazingly great. :heart:

Oh, and last, YES, we all know that Izzy, Steven, Slash and Duff were to blame whatever happened to GNR! Thats OLD news. You dont need to tell me that! Everything that we know about it points for that OBVIOUS conclusion! For example, how could Axl stand Izzy trying to turn GNR into some sort of Nine Inch Nails-Elton John hybrid? You wonder how Axl was affected by all that Izzy passive-agressive nonsense! And what about Slash getting onstage 2 or 3 hours late? Can you imagine Axl and the boys waiting backstage and getting nervous and nervous... And what about Steven? That drummer guy forced the band to spend millions of dollars on those Trilogy videos! How could Steven ever do that to GNR, I mean, to Axl? And we can not forget about all those crazy riots caused by Mr. Duff Mckagan! Case closed!

If you know all of the answers and everything's old news to you, then why are you asking like a fool? Answer yourself.

I'll ask some questions too! Who had to put up with drunk drugaddicts who couldn't get their act together and where about to die due to their addictions?

Was it Slash or Duff idea to make awesome videos that elevated the band to the highest levels of success and nowadays, 25 years later, one of those videos got the insane figure of almost 600 MILLION VIEWS on YouTube? Please tell Duff and Slash to have themselves erased their faces from those videos that made them famous, turned them into the millionaires they are now. It's so easy to be critical of someone else's ideas yet you refuse to back down from the benefit they've brought into your own lives ;)

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST: if that monster who envisioned the Guns N' Roses band as the most successful rock band on the planet, who dreamed of being the next Rolling Stones, who worked hard to keep the name of the band alive going against all odds, is such a horrible person to put up with, to be around, to talk to, to live with and ultimately, lol, to work with.... then why oh why do these masochist men go back to him in 2016?

Looooooooove's so strange!!! :rofl-lol:

@killuridols Re: Slash.... urm wasn't he always like that on the stage? From past shows if you watched old videos, Slash was always doing his own thing, almost oblivious to anyone else there. I may be wrong...but that's what I seem to recall anyway.:unsure:

If anything, it was Axl back then, who would go over to Slash and put his arm of Slash's shoulder. 

I guess Slash was just being Slash?

During the Troubadour I think IMHO  everyone was just a tad nervous since it was their first time ever performing together in 2 decades so it wasn't as fluid as fans wanted it to be. I think we should wait for the real tour kicking off this summer to really witness and deduce how things will be from then.

24 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

@killuridols Re: Slash.... urm wasn't he always like that on the stage? From past shows if you watched old videos, Slash was always doing his own thing, almost oblivious to anyone else there. I may be wrong...but that's what I seem to recall anyway.:unsure:

If anything, it was Axl back then, who would go over to Slash and put his arm of Slash's shoulder. 

I guess Slash was just being Slash?

During the Troubadour I think IMHO  everyone was just a tad nervous since it was their first time ever performing together in 2 decades so it wasn't as fluid as fans wanted it to be. I think we should wait for the real tour kicking off this summer to really witness and deduce how things will be from then.

I dont think so. I'm a long time fan and I do remember how performances were in the 90's. Slash and everybody were a SHOW. I'm just learning about this "shy" card his fans are pulling now. Never noticed it before. But then again, I stopped following Slash when he left GN'R because I was never interested in his solo career.

This is one of the many majestic performances I remember from the 90's GNR and I'm sorry but I don't see a shy guy here:

There were 6 shows after the Troubadour one. Shouldnt have to be nervous by show number 3.

I really like Axl (obviously I'm here), but I would actually be more in favor of Brian Johnson singing on the studio albums. It just seems right. If he can't go out live and they still want to tour, find a replacement. Axl should be too busy with GNR...

@killuridols thanks for the vid. Gosh don't we all wish THAT is how GN'R is perceived now. Look at the crowd. 

Anyway, on topic (ours, not thread) I saw an agile and wild Slash there, who was in fact back then was under the influence of alcohol AND drugs, so I'm not surprised he is somewhat 'subdued' these days. Even then, you can see Slash was doing his thing and I don't see him 'showing' any love toward our beloved frontman there. 

On some shows after the Troubadour you could see Slash moving and playing his guitar near Axl's throne, so I don't think there exists any animosity between them. Heck there are even pics of them laughing together??

I mean....I don't know... we really don't have any clue to what's going behind those closed doors. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

Who needed any explanation from him? The press release CLEARLY said it was a regrouping of Axl, Slash and Duff. Period. He just wanted to butt in to involve himself when no one asked anything.

I dont know if he was laughing while watching Peruvian Axl. I wasn't there with him.

Of course you didn't realize about the passive-aggressive strategy. That's why its called passive-aggressive :facepalm:

Neither of them gave love to each other for the last 25 years but if they agreed to work together again and "let the bygones be bygone" (at least for 2 straight hours every other day) then I expect that bag of hair to be nicer to Axl onstage, instead of a dead lazy plant who can't wait for the show to end so he can get the fuck off.

Yeah. He's found love in Angus now. And they're doing amazingly great. :heart:

If you know all of the answers and everything's old news to you, then why are you asking like a fool? Answer yourself.

I'll ask some questions too! Who had to put up with drunk drugaddicts who couldn't get their act together and where about to die due to their addictions?

Was it Slash or Duff idea to make awesome videos that elevated the band to the highest levels of success and nowadays, 25 years later, one of those videos got the insane figure of almost 600 MILLION VIEWS on YouTube? Please tell Duff and Slash to have themselves erased their faces from those videos that made them famous, turned them into the millionaires they are now. It's so easy to be critical of someone else's ideas yet you refuse to back down from the benefit they've brought into your own lives ;)

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST: if that monster who envisioned the Guns N' Roses band as the most successful rock band on the planet, who dreamed of being the next Rolling Stones, who worked hard to keep the name of the band alive going against all odds, is such a horrible person to put up with, to be around, to talk to, to live with and ultimately, lol, to work with.... then why oh why do these masochist men go back to him in 2016?

Looooooooove's so strange!!! :rofl-lol:

Thanks a lot for making clear that Izzy, as a person, is a passive aggressive twitter poster who wants to butt in to involve himself when no one is asking anything. I didnt know that information! Thanks also for letting me know that that bag of hair called Slash really shouldnt behave as a dead lazy plant onstage! No! Axl needs love! Slash should, instead, be nicer to Axl! Way nicer! Do you think we should write to Slash with some tips? That should help -- a lot!

Oh, just one more thing. I always thought that GNR success came because they wrote, recorded and released the best album ever, Appetite for Destruction! I always thought that! Can you believe it? I always though that it was Sweet Child o Mine, Paradise City, Welcome to The Jungle and nine other songs (I cant remember the names right now) that turned Guns n Roses into the biggest band on the planet! I had no idea that it was November Rain that did that! You know what, that made me really curious! So, how was it like, you know, the pre-November Rain era? The pre-fame era? Were they still playing clubs in 1991 when November Rain was released? Do you have a bootleg? I really want it!

• Like 2

the guys sounds great.  I think people are forgetting when you sing LIVE you are not a machine,  Mistakes are a part of it. This is why LIVE music is headed toward extinction.  Everyone these days wants the artist to sound JUST LIKE THE RECORDING.  Unless you are using back up tracks lip sincing ect that is just not possible.  If he did that, you would bash him and call him a poser.  The guy goes out there sings live and it is just not good enough.  He missed a note here a line there.  What ever happened to just getting up there and letting it rip?  Singing from that place inside.  It's not like tuning a guitar.  The human voice it the most difficult instrument and he sounds amazing to me. 54 years old HE IS A FUCKING BEAST!! I just don't get this.  Maybe I am just old school, a dying breed I don't know.  When he flubs the lyrics it makes me smile why?  because I KNOW he is singing live and that means more to me than "perfection"  We are also making judgment without being there.  watching shitty periscopes and you tube videos shot on a phone speaker the size of my thumb overwhelmed taking in all that BIG sound. *End of rant lol

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

There's no mention of new music at all. For all we know Axl could be saying he wants to continue with endless touring with AC/DC, like he does with GN'R. 

yeah I don't get how everyone is jumping from Axl wants to do more to he wants to write more music with AC/DC. I don't think Angus is ready at this point to turn his band into the new version of Van Hagar! :P

21 hours ago, Rovim said:

There is nothing wrong with it period imo. Any artist that doesn't do what they want to do can't really create inspired art in the same way.

The timing thing... well it happened now. And Angus is not really thinking about other shit than finishing the tour right now and even if he is, and even if it included Axl, that doesn't mean it will fuck Guns plans up.

I don't expect anything from Axl, but I tend to be optimistic when shit is going well is all.

yeah, Angus keep saying that he just wants to finish this tour, what happens next, nobody knows, not even him.

That is why i don't buy this "AB/DC stole my gner rejunion and axle" bullshit

It's just another reason to complain, because most of the hardcore fanbase get used to complain about everything (for a reason, though)

But i could understand if somebody is pissed off, because the few GNR shows since the return of the classic dudes seems like a little bit half assed in comparison to the AC/DC thing. Axl's vocals are completely different, even on songs in the same vocal range, not to mention that some people doesn't like the way Slash played his OWN solos....

I hold my full judgement on this semi reunion  till GNR start doing legit stadiums in the USA. If Axl can sing for 2 hours straight with his menacing voice without 20-30 guitar solos in between then he can hold the GNR gigs with or without the chair...

Everybody always said that AC/DC songs are easier for him, well he does the raspy parts best (which is the most demanding aspect) and on the falsetto thing, he can still improve.... consdiering that he almost ALWAYS fucks up the rasp with GNR and these last few GNR shows is just a glimpse about what he can do with AcDC then i call bullshit on this one.... AC/DC is much harder to sing, he basically have one bigger break (15 min Angus solo) and that's all. Now compare this to 2010 with a gazillion solo spots and he was still out of breath and after 2011 he was just plain shit despite the gazillion solos, i would say the "Axl is lazy and he needs motivation" theory is the most plausible... Of course the chair helped him a lot to catch his breath but that's not the only thing... he finally enjoy the tunes that he is signing for the first time in years!

Edited by Strange Broue