Angus on Axl: ‘He’s Doing Very Well’

21 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I've enjoyed it too. Mostly because Axl sounds great on songs we've never heard him sing before. 

If there's new Axl/DC songs recorded, I'm sure I'll love them too.

But Axl is GnR, and he spent 20 years trying to convince us of that. Now we got a new era dawning, and I want that to kick ass.

I'd like his efforts going forward with new music to be with GnR. Who knows what's gonna happen, but I'm gonna be bummed if GnR is abandoned for Axl/DC. I feel like he wants to give the finger again to Slash. I hope I'm wrong...

I totally get all that. I'll bit a little disappointed myself if we get no new GNR. I would love for Axl, Slash, Duff, and hopefully Izzy, to get straight in the studio after the tour and make a new album. Then tour the album. And shit, make another album after that.

But that's what J Dog wants. If those guys don't want it, what can I do about it. There might not actually be a GNR for all we know. They might have just decided, hey let's go on tour for old time sake since we've made friends again and that's that. If this the case, I am 100% on board with AXL/DC. The whole nine yards. Take over for Brian, make a new album, and hit the road again. The way things sound, I just don't see it as, Axl choosing AC/DC over GNR. If they've kind of already decided they aren't going to do anything past this tour, I have no problem with Axl doing whatever. I just don't want Axl to disappear again and fall off the music map. And hey, Angus Young might be the motherfucker that gets Axl motivated enough to get in the studio with Slash again.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, cheesecake said:

@killuridols thanks for the vid. Gosh don't we all wish THAT is how GN'R is perceived now. Look at the crowd. 

Anyway, on topic (ours, not thread) I saw an agile and wild Slash there, who was in fact back then was under the influence of alcohol AND drugs, so I'm not surprised he is somewhat 'subdued' these days. Even then, you can see Slash was doing his thing and I don't see him 'showing' any love toward our beloved frontman there. 

On some shows after the Troubadour you could see Slash moving and playing his guitar near Axl's throne, so I don't think there exists any animosity between them. Heck there are even pics of them laughing together??

I mean....I don't know... we really don't have any clue to what's going behind those closed doors. 

This video was to show you Slash wasn't a dead plant like he is now. Not that he was all the time making love to Axl but why do people say they were the next Jagger-Keith, or Plant-Page, or Tyler-Perry? Yes, they were and they aren't anymore.

I really can't say that agile and wild Slash is a product of drugs and alcohol. I know he has admitted publicly to this but I suppose that happiness without the influence really exists and can come naturally from just feeling fill filed in life. If he can't naturally show some excitement for being back in GNR then this whole thing is bullshit and I hope it passes away soon. There are too many forced things in the world to add one more.

15 hours ago, ludurigan said:

Thanks a lot for making clear that Izzy, as a person, is a passive aggressive twitter poster who wants to butt in to involve himself when no one is asking anything. I didnt know that information! Thanks also for letting me know that that bag of hair called Slash really shouldnt behave as a dead lazy plant onstage! No! Axl needs love! Slash should, instead, be nicer to Axl! Way nicer! Do you think we should write to Slash with some tips? That should help -- a lot!

Oh, just one more thing. I always thought that GNR success came because they wrote, recorded and released the best album ever, Appetite for Destruction! I always thought that! Can you believe it? I always though that it was Sweet Child o Mine, Paradise City, Welcome to The Jungle and nine other songs (I cant remember the names right now) that turned Guns n Roses into the biggest band on the planet! I had no idea that it was November Rain that did that! You know what, that made me really curious! So, how was it like, you know, the pre-November Rain era? The pre-fame era? Were they still playing clubs in 1991 when November Rain was released? Do you have a bootleg? I really want it!

:rofl-lol:

If you knew anything about GNR you'd also know that AFD wasn't an INSTANT SUCCESS. They had to work hard to push the album and that's when videos come in handy. Do some research and listen to Tom Zutaut describing how he literally begged MTV to have WTTJ video played and he got only one chance after midnight. Then SCOM video came and helped a bit more. 

What turned GNR into the biggest band of the planet was a combination of factors, as usual: great songs, amazing singer, great guitarist, a rebellious attitude that appealed to teenagers, a gigantic world tour supported by the trilogy of videos high rotation on Mtv, interviews on magazines, and also the dark side of it all, the riots, the conflicts, the incredible live performances.

Please, don't reply to me anymore because you're really boring and ignorant of GNR history. Having to teach you about it is a drag so I'll pass. 

Thank you!

On 26.05.2016 at 11:40 PM, killuridols said:

Axl has like 4 albums shelved in the vault, but none of those clowns around him have motivated him enough to want to show the world his music, so he's gonna save it for now.

Slash is an idiot and Izzy has done nothing but being passive agressive from his Twitter account.

I'm so glad Axl is pushing it hard to get into AC/DC and record an album, because probably that's the only way we're gonna get to listen to Axl's recorded voice in this decade.

Hmm... Why do you think Slash is what you called him? I can't think of a single reason why anyone would do that.

10 hours ago, Mark1989 said:

qsDTopU.jpg

Nice teeth.

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

12 hours ago, killuridols said:

If you knew anything about GNR you'd also know that AFD wasn't an INSTANT SUCCESS. They had to work hard to push the album and that's when videos come in handy. Do some research and listen to Tom Zutaut describing how he literally begged MTV to have WTTJ video played and he got only one chance after midnight. Then SCOM video came and helped a bit more. 

What turned GNR into the biggest band of the planet was a combination of factors, as usual: great songs, amazing singer, great guitarist, a rebellious attitude that appealed to teenagers, a gigantic world tour supported by the trilogy of videos high rotation on Mtv, interviews on magazines, and also the dark side of it all, the riots, the conflicts, the incredible live performances.

Please, don't reply to me anymore because you're really boring and ignorant of GNR history. Having to teach you about it is a drag so I'll pass. 

Thank you!

what is AFD? is it some pre-november rain (pre-fame) song? thanks again for letting me know everything about GNR. until now i had no idea that that idiot dead plant bag of hair who no one invited for anything is a passive-agressive twitter poster with stupid solo albums... ops, got a bit confused here!

:rofl-lol:

• Like 1